“superb stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Busquistar
Heemstede
“superb stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

wonderful hotel at a altitude of 1200 meters near Trevelez. Very large and beautiful decorated room , largest bed we ever had. Balcony overlooking the Sierra and at night a sky full of stars.
Very nice hosts and excellent service.
Absolutely a place to go back to.
There is no fitness center but excellent walking opportunities

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Gatineau, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

I was in a mountain bike trip in the Sierra Nevada for ten days. I really appreciate my stay in El Castanar Nazari. Felix and Encarna treated me like a king. The room was comfortable and clean. Encarna and Felix took me on a Land Rover expedition, they invited me for dinner, I created a friendship with both of them. Now, I wish to see them again, maybe in Canada or in Spain. I strongly recommend this place for an outdoor, trekking, mountain bike vacation.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Torremolinos, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

I run Toma Tours which is a boutique travel company in Andalucia. We chose El CastaNar after finding good reviews on the web for some clients who wanted to stay in authentic, out of the way places. This hotel was a huge hit and they were reluctant to leave. The warm hospitality seals the deal. There are many beautiful hotels in the world but upon arrival at El CastaNar each guest felt welcome and appreciated. The evening meal was superb. I can't fault this hideaway that brushes the heavens...

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

I am not in the habit of writing reviews, however, the three days my partner and I had at El Castanar Nazari was so enchanting I felt I should write a review of this little Hotel.
I would say that this has to be the best place I have stayed the hospitality was exceptional, even the pet dogs were lovely, without hesitation I would recommend this little place to any one. . The rooms were lovely the setting wonderful, if you enjoy nature then the location is perfect. If you want a quiet spot away from your busy life this is the spot.
And do eat at the local restaurant recommended by the owners, if you are so inclined I would take some walking boots and explore the Alpujarra Mountains.
The owners even gave me a box of chocolates for my Birthday – how wonderful

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 3Richard3
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

We spent a week end at the hotel, Encarna and Felix are the most wonderful people and very helpful in everything you need and want to know. Their knowledge of the Alpujarra's is amazing. The hotel it self it out of this world, very clean, spacious and simply beautiful. The breakfast is traditional and plenty of it. The views of the mountains are breathtaking. The best way to get away from everything and relax the garden is also wonderful. We hope to visit the hotel again soon. Thank you so much a wonderful experience.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 747Emma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

I am writing this review while sitting in the comedor, drinking a great cup of coffee after a long day. The place is very tasteful and one of the most vhale-for-money I have ever stayed in. Te service is wonderful. We arrived at the evening it was freezing cold and were suggested to have a cup of coffee in the comedor and warm up. Felix arranged us a short horse trekking with Jose Antonio in Trevelez and even escorted us in the morning to his farm. The trip was indeed a one time experience. Felix has already set the fireplace in our room (yep, it is cold today)and I can't wait to have a relaxing evening in our gorges accomdatin

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank limorg96
West Stockwith, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

This is one of the nicest, unusual places we have ever stayed. Peace and tranquility is the main element. The small hotel rurale has all the makings of a 5 star establishment. Total spotless, huge beds with nice linen. Massive bathroom and excellent toiletries. Bathrobe and slippers (we didnt make much use of as it was boiling hot!) these I would imagine would be great in the autumn or spring when the weather is cooler. The hosts of this place are the nicest people you would ever meet, so helpful and friendly. The Alpujarras is a most beautiful part of the world and is good walking counrty but if you are interested in peace and quiet, spanish history and heritage this area is a must see. There are a couple of nice outdoor municipal pools in the surrounding area which only cost a couple of euro's each if you are here in summer and are in need of a dip!

The scenery is breathtaking. We would like to thank Felix and Encarna for their hospitality and care whilst we were staying at thier hotel. Our Spanish is vague and Felix,s English is on his admitance sparce! However we managed to communicate surprisingly well! We were served a fantastic breakfast every morning and a deal of care and thought was clearly put into this.

We will return again, probalbly during the spring when it is not so hot.

Room Tip: All rooms are 5 star and have stunning views of the mountains.