“Could be amazing”

The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

The resort is beautiful clean and well maintained. The rooms are great, comfortable and very quiet at night. The children's club is well run. It is a bit unnerving that it is not secure and I would worry leaving my children there if it was busy or if I left the resort but found it a great place for children to meet and play. The lifeguard lady was brilliant.
The food at breakfast and the evening buffet we attended were both superb.
It is the majority of the staff that let this hotel down. They don't seem well organised. Service at breakfast takes a long time. We had finished our food each day before the drinks had arrived.
There seemed confusion at dinner on greeting you and getting you to a table was clumsy and slow even though it was almost empty. Plus remember to book if you want to dine in the hotel, a place at dinner won't necessarily be available just because you are staying at the hotel.
The staff seem defensive and irritated if you ask for something. We have stayed at many many many five star hotels and the staff here are sadly not five star.
Also check in isn't until 3pm so if you have an early arrival flight come prepared for a long hot tiring day.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank itchyfeetlady
C_Fomm1, Manager at The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Itchyfeetlady,
Thank you for your stay and for having taken the time to post your feedback here!

We highly appreciate your opinion on our hotel and services. Constructive criticism, positive and negative alike, is always welcome at the St. Regis Mardavall, aiding us in improving, where improvement is needed, repairing, where repairs are in order, and being proud of, what is worth being recognized.

Unfortunately the quality of our service was not up to your expectations, I am very sorry for that and I can assure you that I have already discussed the issue with my management team to take corrective measures.

It was our honor to be your host and it would be a great pleasure to me and my team to welcome you again soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

A couple of days of magic, the room was fantastic and the quality of the lined was superb, soundproofing was excellent, the manicured grounds beautiful, and the food second to none, best place to be on a hot afternoon is the terrace overlooking the gardens and out to the sea, a glass of champagne and a piece of the delicious chocolate cake and your in heaven,,
will definitely be back

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
C_Fomm1, Manager at The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Hello to Formby!
Great to read from you, thank you so much for your positive feedback and for posting it here on Tripadvisor. We were delighted to be your host and are looking forward to seeing you soon again here.
Sunny regards from Mallorca,
C.Fomm

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I simply love this hotel. I spent five amazing day, indulging myself with a premium Spa, and watching the breathtaking sunset from the balcony of the very spacious room. Premium servise, outstanding staff at the front desk.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Rovena A

Dear Rovena A,
It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for having taken the time to share your experiences here.
We would be very pleased to seeing you soon again at The St. Regis Mardavall.
Muchas gracias!
Best regards from Mallorca!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is the last night of our family holiday...it has been perfect! The staff are definitely the best we have ever come across. The rooms are superb, the food fantastic and the layout and facilities wonderful. The children's club is amazing, as are the staff there and for the first time I managed to visit the the fabulous hotel Spa and gym with my husband as I felt comfortable enough to leave all the children in the club. There isn't anything to moan about. There have been eight of us and it has been worth every single penny. Thank you to everyone at the St Regis Mallorca.

Room Tip: Great interconnecting rooms for families.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jill B

Dear Jill B!
Thank you so much for your "WOW" comments! It was a pleasure to be your host at the St. Regis Mardavall and we are very happy to know that you enjoyed each and every minute of your stay. Meanwhile I shared your feedback with my entire team, which is a great motivation for all of us to keep up the good work.
We are looking forward to welcoming you very soon again!
Warm regards from the Mardavall,

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Nothing more to say about this hotel other than it is exceptional.
From check in on the veranda to the amazing wait staff at the pool, this property lived up to the St. Regis banner. The room was exceptional (Jr. Suite) - beautiful design with amazing views. The only criticism I could even find would be the concierge, while they were helpful and very nice, they didn't have the instinctual qualities I've found staying at other hotels of this caliber. One suggestion to the hotel.: because of its location, it would be a nice feature to have basic transportation and/or bikes for the guest gratis - their are things to do and see in the immediate area (1mile) but every time you want o go out you need to call a cab to take you a mile or two. I've been at other hotels where they run a local transport service or give guest bikes to explore at will without the hassle of renting a bike or cabs.

Room Tip: Jr suites are awesome.We got one in the last building, was quite ,but a nice little walk every time...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guests,
May I thank you for your kind feedback! I am very pleased to know that your stay at our St. Regis Mardavall was almost upto your expectations. On the other hand I regret to read that your experience with our Guest Service Team was not what you expected, I am very sorry for that and I can assure you that I have already discussed the issue with my management team to take corrective measures. At the same time I shared your very positive comments with my entire team.
We have taken note of your recommendation to offer some kind of free transportation to our guests.
Once again, thank you very much and hope to see you soon again!
Kindest regards from the entire Mardavall Team!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were given a junior suite, but it just didn't seem as large as I was expecting. The layout of the bathroom is a bit awkward, and it took about 20 seconds to build up enough water pressure to flush the toilet. It is definitely a family friendly resort, so just be aware that the quiet tranquility can be disrupted. The spa is lovely, with all of the different steam rooms and pools. A really nice gesture was the assistant manager, a delightful woman from the Netherlands, who greeted us at breakfast, and recognized our name right away and knew of our arrival and departure dates. Her keen awareness of all that is going on at the property was astounding and impressive, and her genuine warmth and hospitality made our stay that much sweeter.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank melicia t
C_Fomm1, Manager at The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear guests,
Thank you for your stay and for sharing your experience here on Tripadvisor! We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at the St. Regis Mardavall, do regret however that you expected the room to be bigger.
Also thank you for your kind comments on my assistant, I will certainly pass this on to her.
We would be delighted to welcoming you soon again.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

First of all I want to clear 1 thing. We are talking about top-class hotel, so I expect everything to be at high-level. Ok here we go:
positives: nice breakfast, big room, friendly stuff;
negatives: no fresh juice variety (only orange available), no a-la-cart menu during breakfast (only eggs), very poor shower (unbelivable!). It was flushing all-around and we had to ask someone to fix it. After that we got the shower which couldn'be even ajusted.
Parking - 20 EUR per day? really? And nobody tell you about it before check-out. Not a drama, but....You take some hundreds EUR per night and want additional EUR for your OWN parking? What next? Will take extra charge for Wi-Fi? Or will charge extra for hot dishes on breakfast?
The "Michelin" restaurant is not excellent. I had 8-course menu and my wife got 6-course. 1 of all they asked me if I have an allergy and I said: "YES!". I have allergy for fish but can eat any sea-food. They offered me to change one fish course for chicken. Excellent! And what do we see? After an hour I get the fish! Perfect service. Also: I asked to bring the lemon for water and they just forgot it. And the last thing: the FORGOT TO BRING 1 COURSE! can you imagine? I do remember that the menu had 1 course of lobster with smth. But there was no lobster and I had only 1 dish more than my wife! As all the dinner took over 3 hours we decided not to do anything about it as it could take one more hour I suppose.
Everything else was good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
C_Fomm1, Manager at The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear guests,
First of all, I would like to thank you for staying at the St. Regis Mardavall Resort and for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your stay.

We highly appreciate your opinion on our hotel and services. Constructive criticism, positive and negative alike, is always welcome at the St. Regis Mardavall, aiding us in improving, where improvement is needed, repairing, where repairs are necessary, and being proud of, what is worth being recognized.

I am very sorry to read that the service in our restaurant failed and that you obviously were not informed about the price of our car parking. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences this might have caused you and kindly allow me to assure you that I have already discussed the issue with my management team to take corrective measures.

Dear Guest, thank you once again for your valuable time and comments.
Should you plan to return to our beautiful island please do not hesitate to inform me of your next reservation, giving me the opportunity to make your stay more pleasurable.

With best regards from Mallorca,

Gran Melia Victoria
Gran Melia Victoria
#13 of 74 in Palma de Mallorca
Hotel Pure Salt Port Adriano

Been to The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort? Share your experiences!