“Very Basic, Functional”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bartenheim
Milan, Italy
“Very Basic, Functional”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Cleaner than in the most critical earlier reviews - no bugs, clean shower and linen. Still very basic settings and no service - adequate for the low price: it's a standard low budget car traveler motel.

We got there just around 11 PM and woke up at 5, so noise from planes was negligible.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank GianlucaMarcellino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cheshire, UK
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I needed to visit Basel during the recent watch fair, so this was the only place left to stay for miles. It was utterly horrible, the worst place I have ever stayed!
A depressing room which smelt foul, a shower cubicle which had never been cleaned since the hotel was built, the runway sounded like it was at the bottom of my bed and the bed linen was filthy.
Breakfast was basic and reception (when open) lacked an understanding of English, vital to book reliable taxis to your destination. No restaurant, lobby or bar.
AVOID this hotel at all costs, no amount of desperation would make me stay there again, I'd rather sleep at the airport.

Room Tip: There isn't a good room, the noise from landing aircraft keeps you awake all night (no sound pro...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Paxvag

Travellers are raving about these Bartenheim hotels

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 8 March 2013

We spent 1 night at this hotel before getting an early flight at Basel/Mulhouse Airport. The location itself is VERY close to the airport. thats somehow positiv and at the same time very negative: I do ALWAYS sleep with earplugs but even with this help it was impossible for me to catch some sleep until 0.30-1.00am (until the last plane landed). you will always say "thanks god" when a plane passes by and didn't crash in that hotel. its so noisy!

also I can't say it was clean.... there was an awful smell when we checked in - later we found out that they were 4 (!) zigarettes in the toilet. it was disgusting! we then had a look UNDER the bed and found a sock from the last visitor! also the linen had stains and the pillow was not changed.
I doubt, that they cleaned at all. I mean - how can you forget to look into the toilet and not smell old zigarettes?

oh! .... the bed size is so small, my husband fell out of his single bed when he wanted to turn himself!

the plan was to catch some sleep and feel rested for an early flight. It was a horrible, disgusting night and Id definitely not recommend the hotel - its not worth it, not even for little money.

the only positive thing was: the car lot is gated and the receptionist was friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
chania
Reviewed 22 February 2013

we stayed in this hotel as we were travelling from calais to venice we arrived about 17.30 as we were leaving the next day early we ate and retired for the night
we were awake about 22.00 being bitten in bed
we took the covers of and saw little black beetles in the bedding
we took it outside and shook them and remade the beds
at about 1.40 we were being bitten again so we left and carried on our journey
previously we had stayed at this hotel for 4 trips we will not be staying again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank diamondChania
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 12 November 2012

This is an ideal place if you have been driving a long time and need a few hours sleep before hitting the road again. However, any longer stay I would definitely not recommend this place. I had to move out of my house in a nearby village due to some building work. So, I thought I would stay here, but I was not very pleasant. The heater in the room was broken, the bed covers had cigarette burns in them and the shower room is like an toilet on a plane. YUK. The staff were friendly, that was the only real saving grace.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This motel (it has no restaurant or bar) is right underneath the take off and landing path to Basle Airport. It is impossible to sleep when the planes are flying. which was from 5 AM to 11 PM whilst I was there.There are no restaurants within waliking distsnce of the Motel as it is in an industrial park. Rooms are accessed by a code which for me and past guests did not work. The only positive thing I can say is that the place was clean and cheap.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor as all passers bycan see in .
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Kasterlee, Belgium
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Booked 2 rooms via www.booking.com and indicated a late arrival as reception was going to be closed at 21h00. Did receive a phone call at 21h00 with access codes for the 2 rooms booked, but upon arrival one seemed to be wrong, so I could not enter the 2nd room. No way to get hold of someone at the 2 (emergency) nrs. indicated at the reception. I do have understanding for their limited service (due to very cheap room rates), but cannot accept that in such a case you have to move in the middle of the night to find another hotel ...

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartenheim
Captain Hotel
#5 of 6 in Saint Louis
Hotel La Villa K
Hotel La Villa K
#1 of 6 in Saint Louis

Been to Hotel balladins Mulhouse Euroairport? Share your experiences!