Logis Hostellerie des Ducs
Chateau de Sanse(Sainte-Radegonde)
US$195
US$92
Great 4.5/5
Les Vieilles Pierres(Eymet)(Great Value!)
US$109
Great 4.5/5
Hotel Cafe De La Gare(Sainte Foy-la-Grande)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$84
US$76
Travelocity
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsair conoff the beaten trackcourse mealvillagecodemonsieurcooperativefrancesamplechateaugarden
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We had not booked to stay here but found ourselves in the area without a booking for accommodation and decided to stay as it was a Logis de France with a 3 cassarole rating for the food,so we thought we would get a good dinner as our previous experiences of this rating have been great.
The hotel was an old convent ,so the rooms are quite small,but clean.The dining -room is lovely -the fire was roaring ,as it was a cold evening ,lots of nice lighting ,orchids and beautifully laid tables with comfortable dining-chairs.However the meal left a lot to be desired.The menu sounded super and we were quite excited -but you can only do as well as the ingredients you use and so consequently the duck breast was tough as old boots and as for the oysters ,they were just a thin bit of membrane attached to the shell,no substance at all ! Such a shame -it was a big let-down and the vegetables were very bland and not enough.
Breakfast the next morning was a bit of a let down too ,for an establishment like this one would expect some service ,but it was self-service ,including a coffee -machine which produced vile tasting coffee.Shan't be going back there again ,the owners should visit other Logis to see how they could improve their own.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gabalotte
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Again Trip Advisor's rating is a bit blunt - nothing between "Average" and "Very Good". This is really a "Good". Accommodation is comfortable and the food well prepared and tasty. The location is perfect for the town and chateaux. Overall service was friendly but there were times when it was a bit off-hand and I had the impression that as this is the only hotel in town they do know who has the whip hand.
I believe that ownership has not long changed (within the same family) so I may just have caught them during an unsettled spell. I'll be back next year and will revise this if things have changed.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This was the fourth time that my wife and I have dined at Les Ducs over the past five years. We were joined by two English friends who live in a village nearby. As this was our wedding anniversary we chose Les Ducs because we consider this to be the best place to eat in this area. We booked a table for 8pm on friday evening, the restaurant was not very busy. The service and the food was excellent, although neither my wife or I speak french we were not intimidated by the menu as most of the menu had an English translation. Although our friends speak fluent French and this did help, but do not be put off if you cannot speak the language as the staff are very helpful.We had a very enjoyable evening and I would recommend Les Ducs for a special occasion or a treat, I personally think it is a little bit expensive for every day dining. We shall return .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank FenmanCambridge_
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Just back from a trip to France and spent 3 nights at the Logis Hostellerie des Ducs. The rooms are comfortable but basic but the staff and food are fantastic.

The staff could not be more helpful and when we couldn't get a taxi the hotel owner took us in his own car!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

I was travelling myself to Duras - I booked a double room for single occupancy with shower - exactly what I got. Very small but adequate for one person - super clean but basic. Beautiful hotel, swimming pool lovely and staff exceptionally helpful. I didn't eat in hotel but according to folk I spoke to food good. Location of hotel excellent.

• Stayed: July 2013