“Three weeks at La Demeure Saint Martin - during my thermal cure” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La demeure Saint Martin

La demeure Saint Martin
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salies-de-Bearn
La demeure Saint Martin
Paris
“Three weeks at La Demeure Saint Martin - during my thermal cure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

I have chosen La Demeure Saint Martin to stay during my 3 weeks cure at the Thermal Water Station near by. I was very much charmed by the photos of this place and I was not disappointed! The house has a lot of history and energy and was transformed into Bed and Breakfast hotel by the owner Patricia. She put a lot of heart, soul and hard work to do what had to be done to give XII century Presbyterian (where they monks lived) new life, new light. Being an artistic person, she decorated the rooms (none are alike) as she felt, sticking to a main theme: antic / romantic charm, nevertheless.
She gave a lot of attention for the people that just came for a weekend, and I practically felt at home, being there 3 weeks. By the way, my husband was warmly welcomed for the last week of my stay, and we were treated like a family by Patricia and her mother, a very sweet lady as well.
I was given all necessary to cook in my room if/when i feel like it. I had my own coffee and tea pot, even a small oven.
It is true that toilets and showers are in the common area for most rooms. But that was done to preserve the original planning of XII century.
Wi-Fi worked -no problem. No TV, but it was not needed.

Patricia is fascinated by history, and she will be able to guide you around places that you might miss otherwise. She has created a book with brochures, maps etc to help visitors.

La Demeure is located right next to a park, where you can chill out, and see/feed the deers.
If you are in the region - I advice you to spend a weekend, you wont regret.

Elena.