“Easy hotel”

Premiere Classe Caen Nord - Memorial
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Saint-Contest
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Good parking on site. nice simple brakfast .i used the do it yourself recption
That was good. We had a nice stay in the hotel and will use it again.no frills no
Fuss very good .just one thing it would be nice to have more channels on the tv.
Like bbc word news ,cnn, russia today and euro news.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 April 2014

On arrival after 9 pm if the carpark gate is open it is not easy to see the check-in machine to the right of the external gate. The front door of the hotel has notices as to how to obtain your room number and access codes at the external machine. It does not say the machine is outside the car-park gate. Once the machine is located it is very easy to use but it was very upsetting when we did not know where it was. The rest of our stay was super and the breakfast well worth the money. We will come again-now we know how to get in!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Comfortable beds, new rooms and bathrooms, much better that Ibis budget and formula 1.
Minuses:
Wrong address in the sense that when entered into the GPS, the address provided by the hotel took you in the middle of the fields.
Problems checking in as we arrived late and their automatic machine was not working.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mihand
Reviewed 18 November 2013

'Greeted' by an objectionable manageress. Apparently I should have known the automated receipt showed the door code entry! It was indicated as the car park code! Other guests similarly complained. My personal fridge taken for medical reasons was opened a number of times and not closed properly whilst I was out and an ice build up happened. On the occasion of my belittling on arrival I discovered the overall manager was present and witnessed what happened. He said nothing and even if he couldn't translate he would have known I was being upset and spoken to badly. I scanned my automated receipt (from the car park machine) which the manageress had rudely snatched from me as she highlighted the code. Interestingly it is shown as the car park code and the door code below has nothing. I wrote in French to the manager (my French is very good) detailing my concerns. I suggested he might choose to ignore it and bin it and as I haven't had a reply from him I think I was right. I told him I would contact Head Office which I did together with photo evidence and the reply actually was aligned to my experience -regarded with contempt! I booked here thinking I could save a little compared to another hotel I use in the city. BIG false economy! I can't say you get what you pay for as the other hotel I mentioned (ibis budget, formerly etap Herouville) is similar in price but vastly better in terms of service and friendliness. Why did I change??? Oh well, had I seen a similar review before I wouldn't have done so!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Situated in an industrial estate,even our sat nav had difficulty finding it. Very clean and beds were comfortable. Relatively new but they had aproblem with the credit card machine therefore checking in had to be done outside at the gate. The younger of the 2 lady staff was very helpful and apologetic. However the older lady on duty the following day, although helpful with a query re pet passport and vet, was quite sour and unfriendly....bit of an attitude problem!
Very good value for a stop over.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 29 September 2013

New, clean, and very inexpensive. Small room and bathroom with no ventilation except a screenless window, and no AC, so room was very warm and humid. Only amenity I can recall is free wifi. (Only "soap" was an inconvenient gel dispenser in the shower, no hairdryer, thin towels…) Location near perimeter highway was convenient for use as a base to drive to Normandy destinations, but few nearby restaurants. Not suitable for those without a car. No charm whatsoever. If this is all your budget will allow, it will do, but I personally wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2013

we used this hotel at the begininng and end of our visit to france, before and after using the ferry.

When we booked there were no instructions to get onto the site after the reception closed, other than use your credit card to gain access onto the car park.

WARNING do not be over eagar, as I was. i put my card into the machine, got my room card, and thought that was it. I should have waited for a further print out to inform me of the code to gain access into the actual hotel building.

Another resident let us into the building.

We stayed in a very clean and comfortable room.

The second time we returned there was a problem with the automatic gate, but a staff member telephoned me to make sure that i was aware, and enquired if I would be there before the 9.pm reception closure. We were and there was no issue for us.

We had another comfortable night at this hotel.

Spotless, and very helpful staff.

Have already booked it again for our next visit to France

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Contest
Ibis Budget Caen Nord Memorial
Hotel Carline
Hotel Carline
#17 of 41 in Caen
Ibis Budget Caen Porte de Bretagne
Ibis Budget Caen Porte de Bretag...
#1 of 2 in Bretteville Sur Odon
3 mi away
Ibis Budget Caen Gare

Been to Premiere Classe Caen Nord - Memorial? Share your experiences!