“Charming hotel off the beaten track”
Review of Hotel Adelie

Hotel Adelie
Reviewed 6 June 2011

A last minute booking after deciding to spend some time in Beaune. We had a little trouble finding the hotel since it isn't actually in Beaune but in Montagny les Beaune. We stopped at Tourist information in Beaune and they sent us right to it. About a 10 minute trip from the city center. We really liked this property. Very nice and helpful employees even though no there seemed to speak much English. We didn't eat breakfast but they had as very nice dining area and patio. Big play area for kids. Outdoor pool. Only complaint was that the walls were a little thin. Great value for the price. Highly recommend if you don't a short drive into town.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fordtraveler56
There are newer reviews for Hotel Adelie

Reviewed 24 May 2011

We could not have been happier to have found this hotel and, when we return to France, we will stay here again. As soon as we arrived, we felt the warmth of the staff. The woman who checked us in showed us the room first, to be sure we would be satisfied, even though we had made a reservation. The room was clean and inviting with French doors. The hotel provided us with good maps and directions to places we wanted to visit. The location outside of Beaune is great, set in a pretty village. When we left, we wanted to have a picnic lunch and the hotel staff directed us to a wonderful park on the outskirts of Beaune.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BarbaraofNantucket
Reviewed 12 July 2009

To make a long story short, I think the room was dirty and I think the manager was creepy. The longer version goes something like this. When we arrived we thought the hotel was going to be great, it looked clean from the outside and the gentleman working the desk seemed nice enough. Unfortunately, this was not the case and what seems is not always true. When I tried to sit outside to eat my breakfast, the woman from the kitchen scowled at me as if I was committing a crime, so I sat inside a stuffy room while a beautiful French morning carried on outside. She actually made a rude gesture when my back was turned. I guess she doesn't realise that windows reflect like mirrors Later that day I was told off (in Spanish) for drinking wine by the pool. Apparently, if I wanted to have a drink by the pool, I had to purchase it from them. "Fair enough," I thought. But they charge an extra $8.00 Euros to uncork a bottle there. That's another $16.00 from my wallet for a money grubbing rule. Finally, I had enough, and my family asked to leave early. So when I went to ask to check out early, I still had to pay the full booking for that night as well, because it was after check out time. I paid the fee and left. Anything to get the creepy feeling out of my stomach. Why was the manager creepy you ask, maybe it was the lingering stares at my family. I will never stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2009
2  Thank Travelswithchalrlie
Reviewed 13 October 2008

Located a short drive out of town, if you have a car it is a good way to save some money while venturing off the beaten path. Hotel provides a decent map to find it, so not too hard to find.

Expect nothing fancy – a clean room, a decent bed, a small TV, and a separate bathroom with enclosed shower. Also was able to reserve this room via Expedia, which was one of the reasons for staying here.

The best part was that we were on the main floor, so we were able to park right in front of the room, open the patio doors, and bring our luggage inside with only a few steps.

If you want anything extra, you might receive a chilly reception though. When asking for some ice to chill out wine, we were provided some ice cubes, but it seemed like we were asking a lot. We also asked if the hotel had WiFi, but at that point I might have been stretching my luck and got a simple “Non madame”…even though I could see that there was a (locked) hotel connection on my computer.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 26 August 2007

Following on the other reviews for the Hotel Adelie, I and three friends stayed one night and were very pleased. This was our first night out on a four-day (self-organized and self-guided) bike trip and the Hotel Adelie gave us exactly what we were looking for: simple, clean and inexpensive accommodations. The breakfast was substantial, with bread, fruit, yogurt, meat, cheese, cereal, juice and coffee available.

Do note that if you arrive in Beaune, and plan to hang out at the hotel for awhile, then head out to dinner -- the hotel is outside of Beaune proper, approximately 4km from the city center. I hadn't thought this would be an issue, but as it was drizzling we were less than thrilled to get on our bikes and head out to dinner in the rain. The staff, however, was happy to arrange for a taxi for us into town -- cost was around 8 Euros.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank gdub
Reviewed 20 July 2007

We have just returned from a week in the Burgundy region and spent 3 nights at the Hotel Adelie. It's a lovely hotel approx 4km from Beaune, has a nice outdoor swimming pool and gardens and a terrace for breakfast or an evening drink.
Would recommend people staying there have a car, although we didnt and hired bikes to see the surrounding area which was fun but tiring.
Rooms were clean and staff friendly and helpful. Would also recommend the restauant in the same village as the hotel, great french food.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank AlyLeeds_UK
Reviewed 20 July 2007

We stayed at the Hotel at the beginning of July for 2 nights. It is an excellent stop off hotel for driving south. The rooms are basic but comfortable and the staff were extremely helpful. Breakfast was also good value for money.
We would recommend this hotel and area to anyone who is planning to visit Beaune as it only takes 5 minutes to get to the centre. Also easy access on and off the motorway.
Our only gripe was that the pool was closed - found that strange considering it is the middle of summer! Our 7 year old daughter was disappointed!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank ArgyllFamily
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montagny-les-Beaune
Panorama Hotel
#2 of 62 in Beaune
Carline Hotel
Carline Hotel
#29 of 62 in Beaune

Been to Hotel Adelie? Share your experiences!