“Chef Micro.. Micro Wave.”
Review of Braustuberl Forst

Braustuberl Forst
Ranked #6 of 28 Restaurants in Lagundo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The beer was nice.
The food was terrible. It arrived 5 minutes after ordering. Spareribs & Gröstl. The spareribs were reheated, the potato was cold. The Gröstl was cold & dry on the outside and steaming hot in the middle. 100% microwaved.

1  Thank kallekenkel

Reviewed 9 May 2014

the refurbished restaurant at the Brewery is a very attractive room serving good food at a very reasonable price

Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stopped here for lunch on a Sunday, and it was packed. We didn't have a reservation, but they seated us within about ten minutes - there are lots of long tables with benches on one side and chairs on the other (typical style for the area) and so unless you're in a big group, you might not get your "own" table. We were seated at one end of a long table, with another family at the other end. I like it though, I think it adds to the atmosphere, which is lovely, warm, and friendly - perfect on a cold winter day. The waiter who served us was a real gem, making sure we understood everything, bringing pictures and crayons for the children to colour with, really friendly and helpful. The food was excellent, the portions generous, and the prices reasonable. My daughter took the goulash, my son had pasta, I had canederli, and my partner had the stinco plate that has quite a few different things on it (sausage, canederli, etc.). We also had a strudel and tiramisu for dessert, 2 beers, 3 pretzels, and a big bottle of water - 66 euros in total. A lovely place for lunch, I wish I lived nearer, I'd be a regular!

1  Thank MadameGateaux
Reviewed 2 January 2013

This for sure is a tourist spot with a capital "T". However, it is also home to probably the best beer in Austria and Italy, so if you're in the area, you have to give it a try.

The beer varieties are extensive and each is great. The food is rather run of the mill for these parts, but not bad at all. The Birreria Forst takes its name from the local villavge of Forst. It is reached from Meran by traveling toward the Val Venosta. The parking lot is enormous. In the late summer months, it is crowded with throngs of German tourists. It is best visited in mid-September when the crowds have left.

Be sure to visit the gift shop and pick-up a T-shirt for the folks back home. If you eat at local restaurants, you will always see Forst beer on the menu..... so why not give it a try first hand?

1  Thank FondoTraveler
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 22 July 2010

great place for tourists.. expensive prices

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook