Aung Mingalar Hotel
  • Restaurant
La Maison Birmane(Nyaungshwe)
Inle Apex Hotel(Nyaungshwe)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsbungalow styleroom was largeinle lakefridgewifimandalayagent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I spent one night at this hotel and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The nice breakfast included the American style breakfast with 2 eggs, bread, fruit and cafe. However, it would be better if the hotel was located a bit closer to the Nyaungshwe boat station.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2013

The room was smelling of humidity and lack of air for three days. The entire town has power outages for several hours a day, and this hotel has no alternaive power generator. Wifi works (best) in the reception area. No dining, only rudimentary breakfast (fruit, toast, egg, juice, coffee or tea). Not very central, you will need a bicycle and a headlamp in the dark streets. The staff are usual Myanmar helpful, book taxi and longboat for the Inle Lake. A little bit on the expensive side. Their English is quite good. Rooms are of varying quality and prices: The cheapest were 35 dollars, mine in the "pagoda" was 48. Very nice garden.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 March 2013

the room i had 503 was in a pagoda and very nice $40 per night for one person. The breakfast was very good and varied but the breakfast room was like a wind tunnel with all 3 doors wide open even if it was very,very cold.at that time of year. I asked for more blankets so after the first night of no sleep due to the cold it was o.k.
what I didn't like was the lady at the desk yelling at me the moment I got one leg out of the taxi, she repeated several times "your passport your voucher¨" she went on and on as if I was thick in the head or something. I had an other unpleasant experiance with the same woman one morning as she wanted to ask me to leave the room key at the desk when I went out, which is what I always do unless i'm told otherwise. I wasn't ready to leave the hotel for the day, i'd just gone to ask a question and then I had this woman yelling at me again. I think I must have reminded her of someone she'd had a bad experiance with before.
The only other thing not very nice was the "boys" hanging around outside my room (I also saw them do the same elsewhere) waiting for me to come out with my bags to grab them to get a little money for taking them to where we get the taxi. The hotel is quiet, a little out of the traffic area, nice little garden and very clean.

Room Tip: rooms 501,502,503 are in a pagoda and very nice, a little more expensive but worth it.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

Nice little bungalows. Power goes out occasionally during the day for a few hours but it wasn't hot when we were there. Staff is wonderful and will let you stay in temporary quarters until room is ready if you arrive early. Also they can book tours and transportation for you and seem quite knowledgeable. It's about a 15 minute walk to the pier. Nearest hotel to the winery I believe. They can rent bikes too.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

Aung Mingalar was recommended to us by a travel agent in Yangon. We paid $34 for a double (early march 2013).

Room had a fan which was all that we needed since the nights/mornings were pretty chilly. Bathroom was OK, clean but stayed pretty wet all over after a shower. Beds were comfortable, pillows a bit stiff and large. Our room had a small TV and mini fridge that kept the drinks just cooler than room temp. The rooms are pretty spacious though and for Myanmar standards - the decor wasn't too bad.

The staff is very friendly, helpful and accommodating. They helped us book a boat for our tour of inle lake (20,000kyT for the day) as well as assist in booking our bus to Mandalay.

The hotel does not rent bicycles (though they are easily rented from any shop on the main road).

Wifi in the rooms can be spotty. Best wifi is in the reception area.

The breakfast is nice and filling. Toast, butter/jam, fruit (sometimes avocado), coffee/tea and eggs. The breakfast staff is attentive though they can hover a bit :)

Overall my husband and I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2013