Antica Stazione
  • Restaurant
Hotelpower.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I spent one night with a group of friends. We stayed in a triple room and it was very cheap. Wifi was available everywhere except for the restaurant. Food was average, good pasta and decent cotoletta. Would recommend, but unfortunately wifi wasn't too fast.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

I visited Sicily in December and spent two nights at this really charming hotel. The hotel is situated in a very quiet and not so central location but it commands lovely views of the amazing scenery the south of Sicily and its hills and mountains have to offer. The hotel is very cosy and all amenities are modern and in good condition. Breakfast never disappointed ... The selection was always great and all the pastries and cakes were really fresh and delicious. Finally, the staff of the hotel always went out of their way to help out whenever this was requested, they definitely do understand what hospitality is all about! I would recommend this lovely hotel to anyone passing through Chiaramonte Gulfi.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank marleyFar
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Antica Stazione is the old Ibla- SIracusa railway train Station after restoration and conversion to a very very smart hotel and restaurant Prices are extremely reasonable considering t he level of service and quality of the rooms and amenities. If you are after a base for trekking or mountain biking n the region.....then look no further . Signora Simona and Signor Massimo are superb hosts The cuisine is typical Ragusa area fare prepared very well and they have a good choice if delightful wines too. well done indeed. What a lovely find ...I am grateful to Antonio Scrofani of Wonderfulsicily.org for introducing me to it .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sonz64
Reviewed 1 September 2013

What a great hotel. We visited this hotel as part of a short break to Sicily and was very pleased with what we found.

The staff are friendly some spoke English very well and were more than helpful.

The room was great: en-suite shower room with bidet, large room with king size bed separate sitting area with sofa and mini bar.

Restaurant was also great with a range of choices.

Lovely small gardens, the only disadvantage, (if any), is it is fairly isolated.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geraldine S
Reviewed 20 August 2013

It's definitely more than a 3 star hotel. We are an American and Taiwanese couple coming to visit Sicily. We love this place a lot because it has everything provided with a very reasonable charge.
What impress me most is the room is very clean and well-maintained. The location is not far away from the old town, but you need to have a car to reach here. My husband and I drove here and loved the place immidiately. It's very quite and cool, away from the normal heat in the rest of Sicily cities.
The lady Simona is extremely helpful and her husband is also very sincere and friendly. We love the restaurant, food very fresh--seafood is good--and price reasonble. The breakfast has very fresh pastries that the quality is even better than those bars and most b&b you find in Sicily. They also don't charge you for the coffee you request in their bar.

I really have to say staying in this hotel is definitely the hightlight of my trip in Sicily. We have had a very difficult time not being able to find anyone speaking English and paying for not very good service/clean room below 100 euro, dangerous driving in old towns. In a way this hotel saves us our unpleasant memories in Sicily. I had a very good memory about this place.
Both my husband and me want to thank their family and Simona for giving us such a pleasant stay. If we could, we will definitely come back here.

Room Tip: If you come in the hot summer, thinking of getting away from the heat in Italy/Sicily, come here. It's clean, friendly, quiet, with only 60 euro per night(for the time we stayed). But you need a car.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple