“Another fantastic stay at the Moulin de la Roque” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Moulin de la Roque

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Noves
London
“Another fantastic stay at the Moulin de la Roque”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We returned to the Moulin de la Roque in September 2013 after visiting 2 years earlier. We stayed in La Tuzelle once again and were pleasantly surprised to find that the bathrooms and kitchen had been remodelled and look incredibly smart yet still maintain all the beautiful Provencal details we had loved before.

Guy and Gaby are wonderful hosts and provide a guide book of the region, highlighting places to visit and the daily markets.

Our house was clean and very well equipped - a great kitchen for cooking all the delicous produce we bought home from our various market trips. Washing powder and dishwasher tablets are provided as well as pool towels, which were much appreciated.

The grounds of La Moulin de la Roque are beautifully maintained with a large pool, badminton, boule, trampolines, table tennis and table football - lots to keep all ages entertained! There are also several beautiful walks behind the property with views over Noves.

All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our week at La Moulin and would not hesistate to return or to recommend it to friends and family. An excellent base from which to explore Provence.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 268505

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

There aren't many people and places that stay with one's memory vividly (and longingly). Gaby and Guy, and their beautiful Moulin de la Roque, are lovingly etched in mine. How lucky we were to have experienced Gaby and Guy's exceptional care and hospitality - and I was cared for the most. I suffered with a most excruciating shoulder pain during our stay, which turned out to be a torn ligament. Gaby took excellent care of me - drove me to the doctor, assisted me while being examined, took me to the pharmacy - all the while of course translating for me as I could not speak the language. At the cottage, Les Olivier, she made sure I was comfortable and had everything I needed. I ended up staying indoors to keep my shoulder immobile for a few days (reducing the pain), which turned out to be the most relaxing and enjoyable time of my 10 weeks in Europe. Despite my injury, my family had a fabulous time, knowing I was in good hands and loving my 'internment'. I was so lucky and immensely pleased that I ended up staying not only in a really beautiful setting, but with the most caring and gracious hosts living in the property - constantly available and extremely helpful, unobtrusively. I will forever miss Gaby, Guy and Les Olivier, but each time I think of them, I feel the same contentment and glow I experienced during my stay at Les Olivier - my heart is alight and I am happy.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jura S
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Upon our arrival we were greeted by our hosts who made us feel so welcome. The photos on the website do not do justice on how beautiful the homes and grounds are. We stayed in Les oliveres , fully equipped, comfortable beds ,great outdoor cooking and dining and a fabulous fireplace. It is very conveniently located of the highway and close to a small little town. We would definitely return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

My family which consisted of 10 met in Noves Province to celebrate a 60th Birthday. We stayed at the Moulin for a week and had a magnifiscent time. The estate is located in a quite, serene location with beautiful gardens, fig trees, huge lawn and walking trails. Most enjoyable was the dining table located on the terrace on which we were able to dine al fresco or simply hang out with family members bonding while sipping on delicious wines from France after a full day of touring. What a treat! Guy and Gaby were delightful, perfect hosts and helped in making our stay a memorable one. Our accommodation in Les Cigales was charming and for the most part well-equipped.

Another moment of joy was a a 5-10 min walk into a small village that is quaint to purchase the delicious bakery items that were freshly made every day. This is a perfect location for seeing the sights of southern France as many are within an hour or so. We as a family are quite happy that this site was chosen to celebrate such an occasion.

Guy and Gaby's story is one that let's you believe that dreams come through as in finding one another in France they have created a special place and continue to enhance the beauty of their found treasure. I'm grateful that we found the Moulin or maybe it found us! I wish them the best in pursuing their future dreams and sharing with all travellers who will cross their path. I highly recommend the Moulin.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
FB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

My wife and I, her dad and her cousin stayed the last week in August. It was a wonderful stay. We felt very much at home. Guy and Gaby are superb hosts and their staff is excellent. My wife's family lives 10 mins from Moulin de la Roque and they were equally impressed w all it has to offer. I can't remember when I have relaxed more and I certainly slept better than I have in a long time. We look forward to our next visit. Fred & Valerie. RI. USA

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed at the Moulin for one week in August and had a wonderful time. The estate is even more beautiful than the pictures; it is impeccably maintained and our two units were charming, perfectly clean, and well-equipped for cooking. Guy and Gaby were helpful with travel information, made a few phone calls for us and spoke on our behalf, and welcomed us in every way. The charming local town of Noves is a short walk from the estate and is close to major roads and many interesting travel destinations. I will definitely stay there again if I am lucky enough to be back in that area of France. The Moulin is pure paradise!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Trish V
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

My husband, three children (10, 10 and 7) and I stayed at Moulin de la Roque for a week in July and had a fantastic time. Guy and Gaby were the perfect hosts and provided a warm welcome with as much information as we needed for our week exploring. The estate has 9 lodgings, but we always felt that we had privacy and as much space as we needed. The grounds are beautifully kept with lovely gardens, patios and huge lawn for the kids to run around on. The pool was a big hit for cooling off and a relaxing place to spend some quiet time.
Our accommodation in the old mill was perfect. The kitchen was well set up and even had olive oil and balsamic vinegar (the small things make a big difference to me!). We had a remote outside eating terrace which we used every day.
We highly recommend Moulin de la Roque to anyone, and hope to return their ourselves one day.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jo C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Noves
Auberge de Noves
#1 of 15 in L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
Le Mas Des Carassins Hotel
Le Mas Des Carassins Hotel
#1 of 22 in Saint-Remy-de-Provence

Been to Moulin de la Roque? Share your experiences!