“Not the best Ibis Hotel”

Ibis Paris Sarcelles
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sarcelles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Got landed out here because the hotel we booked in the centre was over booked. At least 40 minutes outside the city, not a good area for travellers, Our children were nervous as was I to be honest. Public transport not close and very intimidating.
Hotel looked very dingy, staff in reception were unhelpful and abrupt.
The rooms themselves were grand. not amazing but could deal with it. Shower and toilet were a bit grim but clean towels ever day and beds made so that was not too bad. If this room was in a more central hotel it would have been fine.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank FrannieNash
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2009

We booked the hotel without looking at the location properly that was our 1st mistake. Looking a reviews before we went put us of the idea of this hotel more and more. Although the hotel seems cheap at 1st glance you have to add in the extra cost of travelling to paris each day. We bought a moblis card which was around 20 a day for 2 people. If your are under 26 and staying here at a weekend then it would be around 13 euros for 2 people a day. The tickets for us worked fine when leaving the train station except on one occasion. Although, to be fair very few locals had tickets and you wouldn't look out of place jumping over the barriers!

Finding the hotel itself wasn't as easy as it seemed and even in the day it isn't the place you would want to wander around or speak to the locals. When we did find it, from the outside it looked fine and the staff were friendly when we arrived and as we were not haivng breakfast this was our only real exprience of the staff. When we went to our room it was still being cleaned by the cleaner, who was using a mop as a brush for the floor, the room also smelt of smoke. The shower was just the head and you couldn't stand and have a proper shower. We did have a bath - made of stone - so it cooled down very quickly. The room appeared quite clean though, and the window was not the easiest to close. Despite the area and location, we managed to have a great stay in Paris.

I would say to anyone who has booked the hotel and having read some of the reviews are worried about staying here, not to panick, it is possible to still have a great stay. However if you are considering booking this hotel, I wouldn't as the area isn't great and is quite a distance from the centre of Paris. The extra cost of travelling adds up aswell. In regards to value to money, I would say although cheap it just isnt worth it for the area the travelling and the hotel itself. The only good thing was the mcdonalds right next door!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank loopylou711
Aberdeen
Reviewed 6 June 2009

We were originally staying here for 4 nights but we encountered a mugging incident just near the hotel and had to switch to another hotel the next day (This happened on the first day we arrived). It is a RUNDOWN hotel in a HIGH CRIME RATE area. The rooms are not thoroughly cleaned. I saw dusts and tissue paper under the bed. The toilet may be large but the water seeps through to the carpet in the room. The bed linens are filthy, there are stains on the linen and i did not use it at all.

It is definitely not safe at night. In fact, it is not even a tourist-friendly area. You get stares and we felt that we could get into trouble any time we let our guard down. Unfortunately, my friend and i was robbed in the area at night. The male receptionist working at that time was incredibly unhelpful and unconcerned with our plight. He did make a call to the police whose response time was also slow. I requested to make an international call back to my family because the muggers took everything i had with me, phone, wallet and camera, but the staff only allowed one call and his attitude was very bad. Later on, when my friend wanted to make his call, he seemed very unhappy about it. When i went back to my room, i called the reception to tell them that i will be making an international call again from my room, but this time, he talked to me in a harsh tone and said i can no longer make any calls out that night and if i had to, i can only do so in the morning, he even mumbled something in French which is very impolite as i don't even know what it meant. I find this to be absurd and extremely unhelpful, coupled with the worst attitude a receptionist can have. The next morning, i went back to the reception desk and asked a new staff member if i can make the call again and he pointed me to a payphone in the hotel which did not work at all. I wasted 6 euros on that phone and never did the staff bothered to tell me it was broken all along. In the end, we requested a refund but was only given a 3-night refund. there was no apology whatsoever and this incident together with the mugging ruined the whole Paris trip. I will never stay at any Ibis or Accor hotels again because seeing the same name of the hotel just makes me sick in the stomach.

DO NOT STAY HERE, FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY AND ALSO THE SAFETY OF YOUR LOVED ONES. No one in the hotel seemed to care at all.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank Architect2be
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarcelles
Premiere Classe Saint Brice Sous Foret
Premiere Classe Saint Brice Sous...
#1 of 1 in Saint Brice Sous Foret
Hotel Barriere Le Grand Hotel
Hotel Barriere Le Grand Hotel
#2 of 3 in Enghien Les Bains
Campanile Paris Nord - Ecouen La Croix Verte
Premiere Classe Paris Nord - Gonesse - Parc des Expositions
Novotel Paris Saint Denis Stade Basilique
Kyriad Paris Nord - Gonesse - Parc Des Expositions

Been to Ibis Paris Sarcelles? Share your experiences!