“Disappointing stay. Cleaning lacking. Rude staff.”

Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton
Reviewed 9 May 2014

While in a good location - close to the Metro, restaurants and laundromat- I was so disappointed with my stay at this Apart-Hotel.

The bed was so narrow, much narrower than a standard single. I nearly rolled out.

The cleaning was not done if guests stayed more than three days. Linen was not refreshed - I had to take some off the cleaners trolley in the corridor and give the cleaner my old towels.

There was no wifi in the room as advertised on my booking confirmation. There was apparently plugin Internet but that is inconvenient if guests don't have a laptop. All Internet use was to be done in the lobby - no privacy or comfort there. There were not enough seats for guests to sit at to use the wifi. The login process and wifi code also seemed too complex for some guests.

The staff were rude - when I asked about cleaning and the narrow bed, they said 'that's just how it is, go elsewhere if you don't like it.'

There's a Novotel down the road...

Room Tip: Be aware of lack of Internet and cleaning before you stay.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Carly F
Thomas B, Directeur général at Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments.
I’m sorry to hear that our housekeeping service did not meet your expectations.
If you stay at our aparthotel for more than 3 nights, housekeeping duties are carried out once a week. This arrangement enables us to offer more competitive prices.
A chargeable à la carte housekeeping service is available, and reception is at your disposal to arrange this.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at one of our Adagio aparthotels in Europe.

Kind regards,
Thomas BALDELLI – Directeur

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I am sad to say but, on my second day when i returned at the hotel room, I found my laptop and camera stolen. After 1 month nothing happened and the hotel management is ignoring me. Just avoid if possible

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 593andreic
Thomas B, Directeur général at Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Mr. Andrei,
Thank you for taking the time to write us about your stay at the Adagio access Porte de Charenton. We are sorry that it did not meet your full expectations, and we would like to offer you a sincere apology.
As discussed during your stay, we opened a file with our insurance company that should get back to you very soon.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you very soon in our Adagio access Paris Porte de Charenton,
Yours faithfully,
Thomas BALDELLI – Directeur

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I went for Adagio since my experience in Toulouse was good. However, things turn out to be very bad here. Right from front desk to internet to cleanliness to problem fixing, they successfully showed how one can leave scopes of improvement.
Front desk persons were non-committed to arrogant, leaving aside one lady who alone was very helpful. Just because of her I have given 2 stars in Service. One specific person was in no mood to talk decently when my wife went there to collect any pending letter.
Internet WiFi is available at low speed in the reception area only. When I brought my laptop to the room after 3 days of staying, on connecting the cable, I got a message saying no. of devices connected was exceeded. Si, apparently big daddy keeps an eye on that as well.
Many people spoke about cleaning service offered to long-term stayers. I would only say, how can they expect 3 people to manage with 2 tissue rolls in a week LOL! But, well, you get one when you ask!
We had issues with sudden stop in hot water supply. Couldn't get a clue on how to fix it even after talking at front desk. Fortunately, it bothered us 2-3 times in 10 days!

Final advice to you: Stay here without any expectation. If you come with family and planning to stay indoor for longer period, do not ever come by!
Final advice to myself: Do not enter Adagio.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Thomas B, Directeur général at Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments.
First of all, I would like to apologise for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.
We attach a great deal of importance to correcting any errors that occur, with a view to enhancing our quality standards and customer satisfaction levels, and your remarks regarding the different problem you have encountered have therefore been duly noted.
We shall make every effort to remedy these problems and ensure that your next stay with us proceeds smoothly.

Kind regards,
Thomas BALDELLI – General Manager

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Hotel is kind of ok if you really dont care about anything, Its not clean up to standards.Staff is relaxed really dont show any enthusiam to support you.

we have problem with this hotel from the time we entered.
- we reached late and for a hotel that is running 24x7 did not have simple request of milk .. that was really surprising
- this hotel room had a kitchen .... but when checked one of the hot plates was not working .. after too many complaint some technician arrived after 3 days ... which was day before we were about to check out
- the bath room was not well secured as after you take bath all the water was running on to the ground out of the door and was wetting up the carpet in the passage, complained about this which was never attended

i think hotel management should look into this and assign some staff that really needs a job and have to work. all know that its difficult for english speaker in france ... but the staff in the hotel should not have that attitude ... they had the same attitude for not being cared for a non french speaker ...

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rahul0101

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your comment, which has been carefully noted.
We attach a great deal of importance to correcting any errors that occur, with a view to enhancing our quality standards and customer satisfaction levels. Your comment has therefore been passed on to the duty manager, who will make every effort to ensure that this problem does not recur.

We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again at the Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton.

Best regards
Thomas BALDELLI – General Manager

Reviewed 15 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Thomas B, General Manager at Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed at this apartment hotel expecting it to be a dive, and it met our expectations. Paris is so expensive so this hotel was reasonable according to our standards. We took a train from Switzerland to Paris, as tourists to check out the city. The hotel was accessible from the train station.

The staff were very helpful. we took the subway most places so were happy that the train station was accessible from this hotel.

The only problem was that there was not separate shower stall in the bathroom so my four year old went a little crazy during his shower and water leaked into the mean hallway.

I am glad we stayed here we saw a different part of the city away from downtown and was good to experience this as well..

I would probably stay here again as I now know my way around from this part of the city..

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Soni D
Reviewed 15 September 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank mjemmy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charenton-le-Pont
Novotel Paris Sud Porte de Chare...
#1 of 3 in Charenton-le-Pont
Canal Saint-Martin
Absolute Hotel
Absolute Hotel
#866 of 1,809 in Paris

Been to Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton? Share your experiences!