“Not good enough”

Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I don't know how to describe this: everything is there: 2 rooms with place for 4 ppl, internet in the reception, garage, tv etc...
It's just that I walk around with an unsatisfied feeling in my belly.
The internet sucks
The area is not nice (I went out for a run)
The rooms are poor and the smell in the corridor is awful
It's far to Paris even with the metro that is pretty close (700m)
I would not recommend this

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank MrZangief
Thomas B, Directeur général at Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments.
First of all, I would like to apologise for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.
We attach a great deal of importance to correcting any errors that occur, with a view to enhancing our quality standards and customer satisfaction levels, and your remarks regarding the internet access have therefore been duly noted.
We shall make every effort to remedy these problems and ensure that your next stay with us proceeds smoothly.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed here one night before I went to a friend's apt in the neighborhood. I would come back here. It was basic, clean, the staff were friendly and the kitchenette was perfect for making your own breakfast, packing a lunch, and fixing a light supper. It's not in the heart of Paris, but a short 5 minute walk to Metro stations Liberte or Porte de Charenton (Line 8) and you are in the heart of the city in 20 minutes. Nearby the hotel are good restaurants, brasseries for morning pastry and coffee. A large grocery store is a 15 minute walk, smaller ones are nearby. And most importantly of all, the hotel is right across the street from a Velib station for renting bicycles, which I found to be the best way to see, feel and experience this fine city! For an economy hotel, the price is right and the hotel is just fine. There is a safe to lock up valuables, too.

Room Tip: I stayed on the sixth floor overlooking a highway, but also the Eiffel Tower, in the far distance. T...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MainePeg
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Apart-Hotel, just what is eads is what it is and I've stayed at this property several times. When I need more than four nights in Paris this is where we come; safety and security, clean and comforatble, close to the #8 Line Metro (Liberte or Pt de Charenton), close to grocery shopping, banking, dry cleaning, pastries, baguettes, and croissants! If you have little ones there's even a playground a few short blocks away. The rooms are spacious enough, well equipped in the kitchenettes, and it's worth the nine euros for continental breakfast if time permits. The hosts are nice, courteous, very helpful, and very patient with guests that are needy. TV is good, even if it's the Simpson's in French! The WiFi only works in Reception and sometimes there's a crowd...be patient. Electricity outlets are plenty but don't forget adapters if needed, the front desk might not have enough to cover everyone. Sound proof glass on the Peripherique side and security covers for ground level rooms. Nicely thought out. If you're looking for mints on pillows, not here, but if you need what I've described you will not be disappointed. A small piece of advice for my fellow coutrymen visiting for the first time: be patient, be courteous, try speaking some French even if it's bad, the staff will hep out and treat you in kind, and even respect you for recognizing their culture.

Room Tip: MOst rooms are equal but be sure to understand your need for linen service in advance
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike B

Dear Customer,
The entire Adagio staff team would like to join me in thanking you for your comment.
We were delighted to read that you appreciated the aparthotel concept.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Adagio Paris Porte de Charenton.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Basic apartment with what it is needable for a stay we stay here for 5 nights and everything is working fine with a nice staff 24hours in the reception desk .

Toilet is big and the room is okay as we only used it for sleeping and breakfast.

The metro liberte is 400meter from the place and there is a baker open from 06 to 20
And a big supermarket with low prices to supply the stay :-)

We would stay here again if we are back in Paris in the future

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank SteenLindblad
Reviewed 9 May 2014

While in a good location - close to the Metro, restaurants and laundromat- I was so disappointed with my stay at this Apart-Hotel.

The bed was so narrow, much narrower than a standard single. I nearly rolled out.

The cleaning was not done if guests stayed more than three days. Linen was not refreshed - I had to take some off the cleaners trolley in the corridor and give the cleaner my old towels.

There was no wifi in the room as advertised on my booking confirmation. There was apparently plugin Internet but that is inconvenient if guests don't have a laptop. All Internet use was to be done in the lobby - no privacy or comfort there. There were not enough seats for guests to sit at to use the wifi. The login process and wifi code also seemed too complex for some guests.

The staff were rude - when I asked about cleaning and the narrow bed, they said 'that's just how it is, go elsewhere if you don't like it.'

There's a Novotel down the road...

Room Tip: Be aware of lack of Internet and cleaning before you stay.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Carly F
Thomas B, Directeur général at Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments.
I’m sorry to hear that our housekeeping service did not meet your expectations.
If you stay at our aparthotel for more than 3 nights, housekeeping duties are carried out once a week. This arrangement enables us to offer more competitive prices.
A chargeable à la carte housekeeping service is available, and reception is at your disposal to arrange this.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at one of our Adagio aparthotels in Europe.

Thomas BALDELLI – Directeur

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I am sad to say but, on my second day when i returned at the hotel room, I found my laptop and camera stolen. After 1 month nothing happened and the hotel management is ignoring me. Just avoid if possible

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank 593andreic
Thomas B, Directeur général at Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Mr. Andrei,
Thank you for taking the time to write us about your stay at the Adagio access Porte de Charenton. We are sorry that it did not meet your full expectations, and we would like to offer you a sincere apology.
As discussed during your stay, we opened a file with our insurance company that should get back to you very soon.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you very soon in our Adagio access Paris Porte de Charenton,
Yours faithfully,
Thomas BALDELLI – Directeur

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I went for Adagio since my experience in Toulouse was good. However, things turn out to be very bad here. Right from front desk to internet to cleanliness to problem fixing, they successfully showed how one can leave scopes of improvement.
Front desk persons were non-committed to arrogant, leaving aside one lady who alone was very helpful. Just because of her I have given 2 stars in Service. One specific person was in no mood to talk decently when my wife went there to collect any pending letter.
Internet WiFi is available at low speed in the reception area only. When I brought my laptop to the room after 3 days of staying, on connecting the cable, I got a message saying no. of devices connected was exceeded. Si, apparently big daddy keeps an eye on that as well.
Many people spoke about cleaning service offered to long-term stayers. I would only say, how can they expect 3 people to manage with 2 tissue rolls in a week LOL! But, well, you get one when you ask!
We had issues with sudden stop in hot water supply. Couldn't get a clue on how to fix it even after talking at front desk. Fortunately, it bothered us 2-3 times in 10 days!

Final advice to you: Stay here without any expectation. If you come with family and planning to stay indoor for longer period, do not ever come by!
Final advice to myself: Do not enter Adagio.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Thomas B, Directeur général at Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments.
We attach a great deal of importance to correcting any errors that occur, with a view to enhancing our quality standards and customer satisfaction levels, and your remarks regarding the different problem you have encountered have therefore been duly noted.

Adagio Access Porte de Charenton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Charenton-le-Pont
Novotel Paris Sud Porte de Chare...
#1 of 3 in Charenton-le-Pont
Canal Saint-Martin
Absolute Hotel
Absolute Hotel
#844 of 1,809 in Paris

Been to Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton? Share your experiences!