“Satisfying”

Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton
Mississauga, Canada
“Satisfying”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I traveled with my boyfriend to Paris end of July and we stayed here for 3 nights. I'm a pretty low-maintenance girl, all I really need is a comfy bed to sleep in and a clean shower, so this hotel was good enough for the both of us. Some things that we liked about this hotel: staff and front desk were very friendly and there was always at least one person that could speak English, staff were very helpful with directions/extra information, it was a 5 min walk to the metro (it was in the middle of Liberte and Porte de Charenton so you could easily walk to either station) but it was far from central Paris, the bed was super comfy, shower/washroom was clean, we had a big fridge so we were able to store our food that we purchased from a nearby grocery store, even after we checked out we were able to leave our luggage in a safe place at the hotel so we could still walk around before heading to the airport.
Some things that we didn't like: we had a full kitchen but stove was not working, they had problems with their wifi for the first day/night that we arrived (but they got it fixed when they said they would), it's far from central Paris (about 20-30 min by metro) - by the end of the day I was already so tired that it felt like forever heading back to the hotel, breakfast is not included (it was 8.50 euros/person every morning, instead we bought food from a nearby grocery store to save money, we spent under 15 euros in total for breakfast for the 4 mornings we were there), we had the view of a cemetery/hwy but could see the eiffel tower from afar, you could smell cigarette smoke coming from other rooms and the smell was very strong in our room, which I could not stand.
I would recommend this hotel to someone who is low-maintenance like myself and if you don't mind the travel to/from the heart of Paris.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thomas B, Directeur général at Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear Customer,
Thank you for your comments.
We were extremely sorry to learn that you were disappointed with the quality of our establishment, and in particular with the wifi and stove. Please accept our sincere apologies.
We would like to assure you that the necessary measures have been taken with our technical manager in order to improve the quality of the service we provide.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again at the Adagio Paris Porte de Charenton.
Best regards
Adagio Access Porte de Charenton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Never again !!!!
There were no cleaning even for the free first 3 days. You have to pay for everything even changing towels !!! Breakfast was very poooor and not worths the 8 euros. Very small restaurant so we have to wait for a table to get our breakfast. They did update our added day we made through booking.com so they kicked us out one day early than our reservation !!! Don't recommended at all !!!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Hany S
Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments.
I’m sorry to hear that our housekeeping service did not meet your expectations.
If you stay at our aparthotel for more than 3 nights, housekeeping duties are carried out once a week. This arrangement enables us to offer more competitive prices.
A chargeable à la carte housekeeping service is available, and reception is at your disposal to arrange this.
Best regards
Adagio Access Porte de Charenton

Travellers are raving about these Charenton-le-Pont hotels

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I don't know how to describe this: everything is there: 2 rooms with place for 4 ppl, internet in the reception, garage, tv etc...
It's just that I walk around with an unsatisfied feeling in my belly.
The internet sucks
The area is not nice (I went out for a run)
The rooms are poor and the smell in the corridor is awful
It's far to Paris even with the metro that is pretty close (700m)
I would not recommend this

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank MrZangief
Thomas B, Directeur général at Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments.
First of all, I would like to apologise for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.
We attach a great deal of importance to correcting any errors that occur, with a view to enhancing our quality standards and customer satisfaction levels, and your remarks regarding the internet access have therefore been duly noted.
We shall make every effort to remedy these problems and ensure that your next stay with us proceeds smoothly.
Yarmouth, Maine
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed here one night before I went to a friend's apt in the neighborhood. I would come back here. It was basic, clean, the staff were friendly and the kitchenette was perfect for making your own breakfast, packing a lunch, and fixing a light supper. It's not in the heart of Paris, but a short 5 minute walk to Metro stations Liberte or Porte de Charenton (Line 8) and you are in the heart of the city in 20 minutes. Nearby the hotel are good restaurants, brasseries for morning pastry and coffee. A large grocery store is a 15 minute walk, smaller ones are nearby. And most importantly of all, the hotel is right across the street from a Velib station for renting bicycles, which I found to be the best way to see, feel and experience this fine city! For an economy hotel, the price is right and the hotel is just fine. There is a safe to lock up valuables, too.

Room Tip: I stayed on the sixth floor overlooking a highway, but also the Eiffel Tower, in the far distance. T...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MainePeg
Ridgecrest, California
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Apart-Hotel, just what is eads is what it is and I've stayed at this property several times. When I need more than four nights in Paris this is where we come; safety and security, clean and comforatble, close to the #8 Line Metro (Liberte or Pt de Charenton), close to grocery shopping, banking, dry cleaning, pastries, baguettes, and croissants! If you have little ones there's even a playground a few short blocks away. The rooms are spacious enough, well equipped in the kitchenettes, and it's worth the nine euros for continental breakfast if time permits. The hosts are nice, courteous, very helpful, and very patient with guests that are needy. TV is good, even if it's the Simpson's in French! The WiFi only works in Reception and sometimes there's a crowd...be patient. Electricity outlets are plenty but don't forget adapters if needed, the front desk might not have enough to cover everyone. Sound proof glass on the Peripherique side and security covers for ground level rooms. Nicely thought out. If you're looking for mints on pillows, not here, but if you need what I've described you will not be disappointed. A small piece of advice for my fellow coutrymen visiting for the first time: be patient, be courteous, try speaking some French even if it's bad, the staff will hep out and treat you in kind, and even respect you for recognizing their culture.

Room Tip: MOst rooms are equal but be sure to understand your need for linen service in advance
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike B
Dear Customer,
The entire Adagio staff team would like to join me in thanking you for your comment.
We were delighted to read that you appreciated the aparthotel concept.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Adagio Paris Porte de Charenton.
Hillerod, Denmark
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Basic apartment with what it is needable for a stay we stay here for 5 nights and everything is working fine with a nice staff 24hours in the reception desk .

Toilet is big and the room is okay as we only used it for sleeping and breakfast.

The metro liberte is 400meter from the place and there is a baker open from 06 to 20
And a big supermarket with low prices to supply the stay :-)

We would stay here again if we are back in Paris in the future

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank SteenLindblad
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 May 2014

While in a good location - close to the Metro, restaurants and laundromat- I was so disappointed with my stay at this Apart-Hotel.

The bed was so narrow, much narrower than a standard single. I nearly rolled out.

The cleaning was not done if guests stayed more than three days. Linen was not refreshed - I had to take some off the cleaners trolley in the corridor and give the cleaner my old towels.

There was no wifi in the room as advertised on my booking confirmation. There was apparently plugin Internet but that is inconvenient if guests don't have a laptop. All Internet use was to be done in the lobby - no privacy or comfort there. There were not enough seats for guests to sit at to use the wifi. The login process and wifi code also seemed too complex for some guests.

The staff were rude - when I asked about cleaning and the narrow bed, they said 'that's just how it is, go elsewhere if you don't like it.'

There's a Novotel down the road...

Room Tip: Be aware of lack of Internet and cleaning before you stay.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Carly F
Thomas B, Directeur général at Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments.
I’m sorry to hear that our housekeeping service did not meet your expectations.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at one of our Adagio aparthotels in Europe.

Thomas BALDELLI – Directeur
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charenton-le-Pont
Adagio Access Paris Quai d Ivry
Adagio Access Paris Quai d Ivry
#5 of 7 in Ivry-sur-Seine
Novotel Paris Sud Porte de Charenton
Novotel Paris Sud Porte de Chare...
#1 of 3 in Charenton-le-Pont
Vienna House Magic Circus Paris
Vienna House Magic Circus Paris
#4 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,742 reviews

Been to Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton? Share your experiences!