“Great location, transport links and price”

Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Visited here for 2 nights and was unsure of what to expect from the info given on their website, but was very pleasantly surprised.

Room was a studio and had a little area for cooking and washing up etc. Bathroom was off its own little mini-hallway and the extra door helped reduce corridor noise, but I would not say this was a noisy hotel at all. We had 2 very quiet nights here and I did not feel sleep was disturbed. We had an internal view of the courtyard, so I don't know if noise would be more of an issue if you were overlooking the motorway. Everything was very clean and beds were comfy. Staff were friendly, wifi was questionable, but I think they were having an upgrade of the system when we were there, so that could have been the issue.

Parking is charged per night and you pay on arrival. Not the biggest of car parks and I managed to knock my car as it was very full, so just be aware. I don't know how many options there are for alternate parking if they are full.

The location was fab - 5 minute walk to the Liberte metro station on the same said of the road. Took about 30mins to get central in the city, but this route goes direct to the Eiffel Tower stop, so you can get your day going from there. Depends what yo want from your hotel, but we needed a car park and none of the central hotels had that. Also, they cost alot more, so if you don't mind sitting on the underground for 30mins to get home it is ideal (I live just outside of London, so maybe I am just used to not being on top of everything!).

One of our nights was late so the metro had stopped. We got a licensed cab back and it was only 13 Euro, so that was a great deal in my eyes. I didn't feel walking back from the station that the area was unsafe and it actually looked quite pleasant by day, although we didn't really have time to explore the area much,

Overall I would say you get what you pay for, it is clean, comfy, easy links to the city and has reasonably priced parking. Definitely recommend if you're happy for a short ride into the city.

Room Tip: Overlooking the courtyard (internal view) seemed to be quiet, but could just have been lucky!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank aspensamantha

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I traveled with my boyfriend to Paris end of July and we stayed here for 3 nights. I'm a pretty low-maintenance girl, all I really need is a comfy bed to sleep in and a clean shower, so this hotel was good enough for the both of us. Some things that we liked about this hotel: staff and front desk were very friendly and there was always at least one person that could speak English, staff were very helpful with directions/extra information, it was a 5 min walk to the metro (it was in the middle of Liberte and Porte de Charenton so you could easily walk to either station) but it was far from central Paris, the bed was super comfy, shower/washroom was clean, we had a big fridge so we were able to store our food that we purchased from a nearby grocery store, even after we checked out we were able to leave our luggage in a safe place at the hotel so we could still walk around before heading to the airport.
Some things that we didn't like: we had a full kitchen but stove was not working, they had problems with their wifi for the first day/night that we arrived (but they got it fixed when they said they would), it's far from central Paris (about 20-30 min by metro) - by the end of the day I was already so tired that it felt like forever heading back to the hotel, breakfast is not included (it was 8.50 euros/person every morning, instead we bought food from a nearby grocery store to save money, we spent under 15 euros in total for breakfast for the 4 mornings we were there), we had the view of a cemetery/hwy but could see the eiffel tower from afar, you could smell cigarette smoke coming from other rooms and the smell was very strong in our room, which I could not stand.
I would recommend this hotel to someone who is low-maintenance like myself and if you don't mind the travel to/from the heart of Paris.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thomas B, Directeur général at Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your comments.
We were extremely sorry to learn that you were disappointed with the quality of our establishment, and in particular with the wifi and stove. Please accept our sincere apologies.
We would like to assure you that the necessary measures have been taken with our technical manager in order to improve the quality of the service we provide.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again at the Adagio Paris Porte de Charenton.
Best regards

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Never again !!!!
There were no cleaning even for the free first 3 days. You have to pay for everything even changing towels !!! Breakfast was very poooor and not worths the 8 euros. Very small restaurant so we have to wait for a table to get our breakfast. They did update our added day we made through booking.com so they kicked us out one day early than our reservation !!! Don't recommended at all !!!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Hany S

Dear Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments.
I’m sorry to hear that our housekeeping service did not meet your expectations.
If you stay at our aparthotel for more than 3 nights, housekeeping duties are carried out once a week. This arrangement enables us to offer more competitive prices.
A chargeable à la carte housekeeping service is available, and reception is at your disposal to arrange this.
Best regards

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I don't know how to describe this: everything is there: 2 rooms with place for 4 ppl, internet in the reception, garage, tv etc...
It's just that I walk around with an unsatisfied feeling in my belly.
The internet sucks
The area is not nice (I went out for a run)
The rooms are poor and the smell in the corridor is awful
It's far to Paris even with the metro that is pretty close (700m)
I would not recommend this

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank MrZangief
Thomas B, Directeur général at Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments.
First of all, I would like to apologise for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.
We attach a great deal of importance to correcting any errors that occur, with a view to enhancing our quality standards and customer satisfaction levels, and your remarks regarding the internet access have therefore been duly noted.
We shall make every effort to remedy these problems and ensure that your next stay with us proceeds smoothly.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed here one night before I went to a friend's apt in the neighborhood. I would come back here. It was basic, clean, the staff were friendly and the kitchenette was perfect for making your own breakfast, packing a lunch, and fixing a light supper. It's not in the heart of Paris, but a short 5 minute walk to Metro stations Liberte or Porte de Charenton (Line 8) and you are in the heart of the city in 20 minutes. Nearby the hotel are good restaurants, brasseries for morning pastry and coffee. A large grocery store is a 15 minute walk, smaller ones are nearby. And most importantly of all, the hotel is right across the street from a Velib station for renting bicycles, which I found to be the best way to see, feel and experience this fine city! For an economy hotel, the price is right and the hotel is just fine. There is a safe to lock up valuables, too.

Room Tip: I stayed on the sixth floor overlooking a highway, but also the Eiffel Tower, in the far distance. T...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MainePeg
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Apart-Hotel, just what is eads is what it is and I've stayed at this property several times. When I need more than four nights in Paris this is where we come; safety and security, clean and comforatble, close to the #8 Line Metro (Liberte or Pt de Charenton), close to grocery shopping, banking, dry cleaning, pastries, baguettes, and croissants! If you have little ones there's even a playground a few short blocks away. The rooms are spacious enough, well equipped in the kitchenettes, and it's worth the nine euros for continental breakfast if time permits. The hosts are nice, courteous, very helpful, and very patient with guests that are needy. TV is good, even if it's the Simpson's in French! The WiFi only works in Reception and sometimes there's a crowd...be patient. Electricity outlets are plenty but don't forget adapters if needed, the front desk might not have enough to cover everyone. Sound proof glass on the Peripherique side and security covers for ground level rooms. Nicely thought out. If you're looking for mints on pillows, not here, but if you need what I've described you will not be disappointed. A small piece of advice for my fellow coutrymen visiting for the first time: be patient, be courteous, try speaking some French even if it's bad, the staff will hep out and treat you in kind, and even respect you for recognizing their culture.

Room Tip: MOst rooms are equal but be sure to understand your need for linen service in advance
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike B

Dear Customer,
The entire Adagio staff team would like to join me in thanking you for your comment.
We were delighted to read that you appreciated the aparthotel concept.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Adagio Paris Porte de Charenton.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Basic apartment with what it is needable for a stay we stay here for 5 nights and everything is working fine with a nice staff 24hours in the reception desk .

Toilet is big and the room is okay as we only used it for sleeping and breakfast.

The metro liberte is 400meter from the place and there is a baker open from 06 to 20
And a big supermarket with low prices to supply the stay :-)

We would stay here again if we are back in Paris in the future

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank SteenLindblad
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charenton-le-Pont
Novotel Paris Sud Porte de Chare...
#1 of 3 in Charenton-le-Pont
Adagio Paris Bercy Village
Adagio Paris Bercy Village
#783 of 1,805 in Paris
Hotel ibis Daumesnil Porte Doree

Been to Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton? Share your experiences!