“Small room for a good price”

Hotel balladins Esbly / Marne La Vallee
Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
“Small room for a good price”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Very small room, but it was clean, and fine for just sleeping. Only a 15 minute drive away from Disneyland. Overall good quality for money.
Negative points: Wifi was slow, and bathroom too small.

I filled 'average' for Restaurant/Fitness, because we didn't eat there, and there was no fitness.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Took a school group to France and stayed here for one night at the end of the trip as we were going to Eurodisney on the last day. Of the 30+ rooms that were used by our pupils, only 4 were approaching acceptable. Problems in the rooms included: stained sheets and bedspreads, hairs inside beds on the sheets and blankets, chewing gum stuck to bedspreads, food found on the floor (dried noodles!), stained carpets that had not been vacuumed after the previous occupant (mine had large biscuit crumbs and mud on), toilets that did not stop flushing, bathrooms that smelled of drains, bunk beds that lacked bolts, unclean shower trays, yellowing shower curtains with brown bottoms, steps into the shower that were loose and came apart revealing a rusting step that had all but disintegrated and no heating on overnight so that rooms were absolutely freezing. In addition, my bed had not been changed from the previous occupant as I found a stylus that would be used for a tablet (I didn’t have one with me!) inside my bed!! As if all that weren't bad enough, breakfast was laid out on trays over night in the breakfast area completely uncovered! We have stayed here before a few years ago and it was very basic but adequate. However, this hotel has deteriorated drastically and I would advise anyone thinking about taking a school trip here that, if you value the reputation of your school trips amongst pupils and parents, you don't touch this hotel with a bargepole. It would put a squat to shame!

Room Tip: Find a different hotel!
Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Maria W

Travellers are raving about these Isles-les-Villenoy hotels

Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Where to start! School group went there - breakfast left out all night uncovered.
* Room322 - dirty duvets, stained pillow case, toilet flush broken (ran all night) dirty floor.
* Room 321 - Tap little or no water, dirty shower and curtain and duvet.
* Room 318/315 Cold water in shower only torn bedding dirty room.
* Room 312/307 Dirty toilet and broken shower curtain.
* Room 223 - Mould in bathroom, room stank, filthy carpet, no heating and wildlife in the room!
* Room 101 - Loose showe5r taps,mould in shower, toilet flush broken, dirty bed covers.
No sink plugs in any of the rooms.
* Room 116 - cold water, dirty shower,strong unpleasant smell in the room.
* Room 246 - Cigarette burns on bed cover, chewing gum on duvet.
* Room 201 - Dirty brown stains on carpet, duvet covers and in the shower tray and on the walls.
* Room 109 - Dirty shower
*Room 103/224 - No shower head and no hooks on shower curtain.
* Room 227 - Radiator fell off wall - dirty sheets.
* Room 228 - Dangerously loose power socket.
* Room 118 - Toilet didn't flush, mould on walls, shower closet door wouldn;t close properly
* Room 126 - Not ben cleaned - sock found in shower room.
* Room 215/223 - Dirty and smelly.
* Room 211 Door handle on shower broken.
*Room 206 - Shower spraying everywhere.
*Room 208/112 - Loose headboard, loose ladder on bunk bed.
* Room 222. Dirty sheet covered in hair (human), Very dirty bathroom and toilet had not been cleaned. Broken light switch.
* Room 102 - Hairs in bed, stylus found in bed! crumbs and mud on the floor.
* Room 221 - Dirty bed linen - occupant slept in clothes

If your school tour operator has suggested you go here - be warned. We are passing this information onto the Schools Travel Forum for dissemination as they see fit.

Room Tip: There aren't any! Avoid like the plague.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Alain69190735
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2013

As for a one star hotel we were satisfied with a stay there. The main disadvantage was that a lady at the reception desk did not speak a single word in English. There were also really tiny bathrooms in the rooms. Someone with overweight would have difficulties to take a shower because bathroom which include a toilet and a sink has 1m x 1m size. The rooms were tidy, beds were comfortable and the breakfest were delicous. Not far to Disneyland and a train station.
Please, do not exaggerate that is too far to Esbly. What is wrong with you people? Are you not fit enough to take a 20 minutes walk to Esbly. Shame on you....

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
doncaster
Reviewed 27 August 2013

When booking this hotel, I was unfortunately dazzled by the low prices, and promise of direct train link to Disneyland Paris... The reality is that this is the French equivalent of the 'Etap' £35 per room, per night hotel.
It's in the middle of nowhere, I had to walk for 20 minutes into Esbly itself, to get an evening meal for myself and my 5yr old, as the hotel is in the middle of a residential area, with no pubs, bars or restaurants nearby. The bars in Esbly itself are not tourist friendly, and we were practically ignored in 2 or 3 bars, when I tried to order food with my limited GCSE French. ( I know enough to ask for food and drinks, but they just shrugged and pretended not to understand anything I said)
The journey to Disneyland was an hour by train & coach (Esbly isn't on the main trainline to Disneyland as promised when booking) and as the train home was cancelled, it took around 2 hours to get back from Disneyland via 2 coaches, with a very tired 5yr old, and a 20minute walk back from the bus station, with no taxis around the bus/train station.
The following day we travelled to & from Disneyland via taxi, costing 25 euro each way.
I will definitely return to Disneyland again, but next time I will definitely pay a premium for the hotel, as the savings we made on the hotel were outweighed by the cost of taxis, and inconvenience.
Not recommended for Disneyland at all, as it is honestly a 20min walk to the bus/train station & town centre.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Redcar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I have just returned from staying at this hell hole ( July 2013 ) and it was terrible, as soon as we pulled up it looked like a prison as it was so derelict and out of town. The rooms are no way what they look like on the advertised pictures, the bed frames are all chipboard and the room was smelly, the bathroom was tiny with all mould running along the doors , the carpets were filthy!! There was nowhere to hang or put clothes. When we returned on an evening ( luckily we had a car ) as they is no public transport, there were youths hanging around the entrance smoking and looking dodgy! My son woke up on the last night we were there shouting something had crawled on his face, we did not find out until the morning when we opened the curtain that we found a really large spider running along the carpet!!!! we looked under the beds and there was a huge spider nest....i was so glad we were leaving there and then! Please if you are looking at staying here......DONT

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank 12Debbie
Waltham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I stayed in this Hotel last week, it was a nightmare because:
The pics I found in Internet showed me another type of room that I did not find. The room I found was worse than the Internet pics. For me I was betrayed.
The small shower was old.from the lavatory comes an awful smel.....and the water pressure was too low and you have to articulate strongly to get water touch your body because the shower was not placed in the middle of the roof.Also to regulate the water temperature,it was almost impossible for me despite spending there 4 nights. You get cald or very hot water, at least the case for me.
The bed was not proper, I found.
The breakfast was a nightmare, sometimes you get cheese and dessert and sometimes you have to ask the reception to get from behind the scene a slice of cheese.it was miserable.
I warned you from staying in this hotel because It was the worst hotel I ever seen in Europe.
Boumediene Ayat.

Room Tip: I stayed in this Hotel last week, it was a nightmare because: The pics I found in Internet showed...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Norman F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Isles-les-Villenoy
Residence Du Parc Val d'Europe
Kyriad A Disneyland Paris
Kyriad A Disneyland Paris
#6 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,444 reviews

Been to Hotel balladins Esbly / Marne La Vallee? Share your experiences!