All reviewsking suiteother guestsromance suitea wonderful stayhonesty barlarge balconystayed for nightsmarbellataxisretreatcomfortmediterraneanbalconiesyoannalounge
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here in Nov 2013. We were traveling from Sevilla by car and planned to stay only 2 nights. After staying 2 nights we decided to do 1 more night. Really enjoyed the peacefulness, the accommodations, the view, and the staff. We happened to be here over Thanksgiving and we had a nice "Spanish/Thanksgiving" Meal with everyone. Great location -- we actually drove to Tarifa one day and then Granada another day. It was a bit of a drive to those locations but it was nice to know we had a nice, comfortable place to come back to.
We went to the grocery store near by and bought wine, meat, cheeses, bread and other snacks and ended up just eating dinner on the porch. Really relaxing and what we needed after spending the previous weekend touring Barcelona.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Kings Suite 1 night and one of the basic suites the other 2 nights. Both were great. If you want to pay a little more the Kings Suite definitely makes you feel like a King/Queen. We enjoyed the jacuzzi tub in the Kings Suite. Both bathrooms were great - nice big showers.
1  Thank coreye30
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed here for two nights at the end of a hectic stay on the Costa del Sol and it offered us just the peace and relaxation we were looking for. We stayed in the Eden Suite which was a lovely Mediterranean style room with a private balcony and views down to the sea plus a shared kitchen, and a sitting room and large terrace shared with one other suite. It felt like we were private guests in a multi million pound villa. Slightly off the beaten ttrack and yet only a 4 minute drive down to Marbella town centre and the La Canada mall. Secure parking. Beautiful gardens and a nice little pool which we didn't try. It was so comfortable - lovely couches with wraps and blankets. Huge comfortable beds. The breakfast was lavish, top quality and totally delicious. One of the best I have experienced in a long while. Linda the owner is very friendly and full of helpful information. I can only thoroughly recommend it and hope to return again soon.

Room Tip: They are all fabulous
1  Thank alliebdive
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Most beautiful suite (Deluxe URBAN suite), with sauna (with sea view!), swimming pool at our door step, view over beautiful Marbella, the sea, the mountains and even Gibraltar and North-Africa. At the same time close to the beach (with promenade for extensive cycling and walking) as to the maintains and to many fantastic cities. All this with lovely weather conditions.
Last but not least, Linda and her team did all to provide us with fantastic service and personal care (with suggestions about things to see and do in the neighborhood, as well as a delicious chest nut dinner evening on the spot).

Room Tip: For sauna lovers, the Deluxe URBAN suite is highly recommended. Follow closely the owner's instructions how to reach the Urban Villa (and not a navigation system), then you will easily find the way to it.
1  Thank MagdalenaOVD
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stayed during April in the King Suite. Beautiful house, spacious characterful room, wonderful view and luxurious Jacuzzi bath. Renting a car is probably a must as location is pretty remote, however it isn't too far from Marbella by taxi. The only thing I would improve upon is the cooking equipment in the shared kitchen (as the kitchen you see on the pictures is not the kitchen you use for cooking but the family kitchen!) a few more pots & pans in the downstairs kitchen and maybe some basics like oil and seasonings would make cooking a midday meal much easier and then we could leave the haven even less!

We have very fond memories of our stay and believe this is what holiday's should be about, the antithesis to corporate soulless hotels. So thank you Urban Villa!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nadiahh
Reviewed 9 September 2013

If an idyllic location combined with style and charm is for you then stay at the Urban Villa. It is a wonderful wonderful place. Linda (the owner) is lovely and the atmosphere is easy, it is reflected too in the kind and friendly staff. Nothing was a problem and it seemed their pleasure to make sure my stay was whatever I wanted it to be. Linda said 'I want you to feel at home', a sincere sentiment, I wish I was looked after at home like that. The pool is a great and whilst it is small it was not an issue.
If I am in Marbella again, I know I shall be returning.

Room Tip: I stayed in 2 different rooms, both great but can't remember which they were.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo