“Come for the view, enjoy the good food and service and have a wonderful time.”
Review of Chez Epices

Chez Epices
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Vinuela
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: On all Holidays the restaurant is open from 13.00 until 23.00. Indian restaurant situated in the way of Los Romanes.
“Come for the view, enjoy the good food and service and have a wonderful time.”
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

As stated in all reviews the view is beyond belief. Our server was wonderful and she offered valuable tips on menu choices and spoke admirable English. We loved the food including the chutney, but what can we say we are Canadian!
This is a place worthy of revisiting!

• Visited August 2013

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The location is amazing - set high above Lake Vinuela, with brilliant views at sunset. The 'building' itself is a tented affair... A bit like a circus! The service was brilliant. The menu was in Spanish and English and staff spoke enough English for us to communicate effectively.

The food was excellent and if it were my local I would be frequenting it! I would heartily recommend Chez Spice!

Think they do takeaway too!

• Visited July 2013
Spain
“I don't understand poor reviews”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My wife and I went here with some trepidation, having read mixed reviews about the food and service. We need not have worried. Enough has been said about the magnificent location in previous reviews. It is simply stunning.

As you enter the restaurant, it appears a little dull and not very inspiring, but the further in you go the better it is, until you arrive at the superb sun terrace overlooking the lake. We were immediately shown to a table and the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. The service was quick and several times we were asked if everything was alright, which it was.

Being an Indian food fan, I have eaten it in many places around Europe and even in India itself, so I think I know a bit about it. The meal here was one of the best I have ever had in an Indian Restaurant and certainly the best ever in 14 years living in Spain. Do not expect to order a "curry" as they do not do it. Curry is an English word and this restaurant is a true Hindu establishment. The food varies from mild through to hot, depending on the meal ordered.

My wife had the Tandoori mixed grill and you could have fed two with it. I settled for a lamb starter and main course and was delighted with the taste and tenderness of the meat.

This is not a cheap restaurant, but neither is it too expensive. We paid 45 Euros for garters, main course and wine and coffee. Oh and the pappadoms and chutney tray were free.

We will be taking friends and family when they visit, such was our delight a the whole experience.

• Visited July 2013
Gullane
“Fab setting and great views”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

The restaurant is set high up over a lake after a short very steep climb, the views over the lake are lovely and we had high hopes of a meal to match. My good lady had a chicken based curried dish and I had a similar lamb dish with rice. Food can best be described as average and I think what the restaurant thought was chicken and lamb differed somewhat from our expectations. It was fairly quiet on a Sunday afternoon and am in no doubt that this location will sell the place at night.

• Visited June 2013
Northumberland
“Go for the View”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

The quality of food can vary but is usually good from what friends have told me, although don't expect big, fluffy naan bread....flat and odd tasting! However the views across the lake are sensational. In good weather you can sit on the terrace and watch the lights come on around the lake as night falls....stunning.

• Visited May 2013