“Great location for this charming and good restaurant”
Review of La Bergerie

La Bergerie
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rugy
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I remember when I was young, this was the favorite restaurant of my grandpa, and it was always a big pleasure for me to go there, the location is great and charming (when the weather is sunny it's like being on vacation) and food was amazing... but as it was long time ago, I decided to turn back there... and it's still that great :)
I love the food, the staff is friendly, and the selection of wine is fitting perfectly with the menu, it's always a nice moment !

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 June 2012

We arrived a little late on a Sunday 1:15 and although the manager was unfriendly, cold but perhaps because it was a special Mothers day lunch. Saying that we had one of the best Sunday lunches ever with friends it was fantastic and The waitress’s and waiters were brilliant ! It started with an Amuse d Bouché then a Starter Foie-gras with a small individual baked Brioche loaf & onion comfiture with hint of cinnamon, The fish course was great flavoured sea bass followed by tremendous veal pieces in light pastry with fabulous demi-glaze then local chesses and it ended with fresh wild raspberries in a pastry made of caramel topped with cream. This was a fabulous Sunday lunch that was found by accident.
Although the restaurant was full the service was superb well worth the effort of finding it!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank golfer1157
Reviewed 12 December 2010

We've stayed 2 nights at la Bergerie and I must say that we would have chosen an other hotel if all the others wheren't sold out.
The lady at the reception was arguing with one of her collegues as I walked in and even if she saw me she kept on arguing with the other lady. She was not that friendly at check in, she wasn't sure about the room and she gave me a bunch of numbers in one minute: the room number, a digit codeto op the door to the rooms, the openings hours of the restaurant and the opening hours of the breakfast area. I must say that it would be easier if they gave that in writing !

The rooms are small and dated and the bathrooms are EXTREMELY noisy! It' realy absurd, when you are in your room and your next door neighbour is taking a bath you would think that he's in your bath tub!

We had dinner in the restaurant. The food was ok, we tried the menu the territoire = +/- 24 euro for a starter, an entree and dessert which was a very nice price ( the entrees on the menu are all +/- 23 euro!) but the restaurant itself is hidious!!! Paintings everywhere, mirrors, chinese decoration, modern decoration, ancient decoration = just way to much decoration everywhere.
In the breaffast area and lounge this are also overdecorated and that's really a pitty because it looses it's charme and becomes messy.
Breakfast was not that great, not a lot of choice and things wheren't filled up as they got empty....

I would suggest that they sell all of their tacky decoration and make over the hotel.

The only advantage was that it was close to Metz which is a great city!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2010

What a disappointing stay we had! The hotel is indeed ideally located for travellers, being close to the motorway. The room was basic, small, with minimum cost furniture, but clean, much in line with many other Logis hotels. But we had selected this hotel for the restaurant, which had a good review, and staying for 3 nights had chosen to stay half board (demi pension). The first night was good, with our selections from the menu being just right, and the atmosphere warm. However the second night was disappointing, as the half board menu had not changed. I raised this to the waiter, mentioning that we were staying 3 nights, and that the choice of 3 main dishes, and 3 desserts was limited. His response was to offer me icecream for dessert (whilst the main menu had several alternate choices). He added that the half board menu was fixed. No compromise. Additionally, the restaurant was full, so we were placed in a hollow, cold (in all respects), function room, with no atmosphere. This was not what we were spending our money for (half board worked out for us at €116 per night per person, including a bottle of local wine). The breakfast was disappointing, with stewed coffee from an urn, whilst the (unseasonal) fresh fruit was practically inedible. Added to this, when we arrived I had problems with internet connection (I could not connect). I reported this immediately, but it was still not working properly by the second evening. It took other users with identical problems to be taken seriously (we all happened to arrive together in reception at the same time). In 2 nights I did not have a good connection.
In summary, this is a conveniently located hotel to Metz and the motorway, but do not count on a variety of food if staying more than 1 night on the half board menu, or on an internet connection. We left early after 2 nights of our 3 nights reservation, and frankly breathed a sigh of relief.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2010

We stayed over on a Saturday night and when we checked in the receptionist informed us that there were 2 weddings in the (rather small) hotel! I felt they should have told us this when we reserved a few days beforehand as they already had this information. Of course it was noisy and we had a room just above the kitchen so at 06h30 the pots & pans started rattling too! The heating had not yet been turned on and we just had a thin cotton sheet & thin cover so was very cold (I saw the next morning that our kids had duvets on a shelf in their room - we didn't). To top it all the receptionist the next morning was rather rude to our children (who are grown up and very polite). The setting is however lovely & the hotel looks just beautiful, however at 90 euros it was a bit expensive for what it was.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Cbidule
Reviewed 29 August 2010

My husband and I stayed here with my elderly parents for 1 night on the way to Switzerland. I agree with previuos reviews in that the rooms are average but the food is good. They took account of my request for rooms with easy access for my parents and gave us rooms on the ground floor with showers which was helpful. The rooms were clean , if a little uninspiring! The half board dinner was excellent, and we enjoyed the breakfast, lthough the coffee wasn't great.
All in all if you need somewhere close to the motorway , but with more charachter than a novotel thane this is fine, but as previous writers say, there is absolutely nothing in the village.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skial
Reviewed 21 May 2010

You know where French priorities are-their stomachs!!I've lost count of the small country logis I have visited where the food is foremost and the accomodation is of lesser importance.De La Bergerie is no exception.We had a very good meal but our room was very basic although spotlessly clean.The appeal for us was easy access from the autoroute in transit from Calais to Lugano and we were quite happy with the place.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lhirst
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rugy
Novotel Metz Hauconcourt
Best Western Plus Hotel Metz Technopole
Le Domaine de La Klauss
Le Domaine de La Klauss
#1 of 1 in Montenach

Been to La Bergerie? Share your experiences!