“Good value for your money” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Barcelona-Sant Cugat

Holiday Inn Express Barcelona-Sant Cugat
Herzliya, Israel
“Good value for your money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for business nearby for a duration of 3 nights.
Was a nice hotel about 30 minutes from Barcelona center.
Clean rooms with minimal amaneties, nothing to do nearby but thats the area .
Breakfast was nothing much all cakes were dry and the variety was really minimal, no eggs or vegetables , the orange juice was so sweet it was impossible to drink.
Beds were really hard and pillows pretty small.

Stayed July 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Barcelona-Sant Cugat, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Amitbah,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am happy to know that you found our rooms clean. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you have encountered with the breakfast, bed and pillows. Rest assured that we take all comments seriously so that we can improve and provide the exceptional service that our guests expect and deserve.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Exeter
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here at the end of a trip to the area as my brother lives in Sant Cugat.
The Holiday Inn overlooks the motorway and is in no way pretty! We did however have both a massive thunderstorm and a very impressive sunrise over the mountains!
The room was fine and the breakfast free....
The service was polite and efficient and all in all this provided everything you might expect from a budget business hotel. Good value for money.
Look out for the railway sleepers in the carpark which caught us out in the dark!!

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank ExeterMomma
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Good value for a budget trip to Barcelona. The hotel is located in a suburban office area and is just a few minutes walk to the FGC S2/S55 train station. The trains runs very frequently (no more than a few minutes wait in my experience) and I took it (about 30 minutes) everyday to their downtown terminus of Cataluna station from where I started my city tour. The hotel is in the transportation Zone 2 area so I bought a T10 Zone 2 ticket (20.30 EUR, can be shared) for ten trips. The staff was courteous. The room was basic but clean. The hot water had changing temperature but is acceptable. The WIFI signal was good for my laptop but weak for my iPhone. It looked strong on the iPhone display but kept dropping, until I used it in the bathroom where the connection was a lot better.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed for one night and must say that the Hotel was very nice.
A typical Holiday Inn Express with free breakfast spanish style. Staff was helpull and the location is very convenient.
A decen tHoliday Inn Express Hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
London, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

This hotel exceeded my expectations. The rooms are basic but nevertheless good quality and well designed. The beds are firm but comfortable and the total silence and lack of noise from adjacent rooms allow a good night's sleep. Given that the rooms are designed with attention to detail, it is surprising that that the hotel neglected to install any power sockets near the bed. There were no international news channels on the television in my room although the television in the bar area was showing BBC World one evening; I was told that this was a temporary fault. The water pressure was also rather low. I was pleased that a hotel of this level provided flannels but unfortunately they omitted to provide soap, only shower gel. Breakfast was good and held back my hunger each day until the late Spanish lunchtime.

The staff speak good English (and a variety of other languages) and the level of service was also good. For example, my colleagues and I all experienced a fault with the wifi and after I gave a technical explanation of the fault to the hotel, they forwarded it to their technical support people and it was fixed by the time we got back to the hotel in the evening. The wifi is free if you are member of IHG Rewards Club, the hotel's loyalty scheme which is free to join. Effectively therefore anyone can get free wifi.

The hotel bar and restaurant area is frequented by two surprising groups of visitors - several friendly cats and plenty of local police who spend their coffee breaks in the hotel bar. The almost constant police presence in the hotel makes it feel very safe, although the area feels safe anyway.

I saw in a previous review that the turkey was undercooked. I experienced the same problem here twice with chicken, although the staff took it seriously (without me making a fuss) and said they would ensure the chef didn't continue making such mistakes.

I would particularly recommend this hotel if you are visiting one of the many businesses in the area rather than Barcelona. Sant Joan FGC (light rail) station is 6 minutes' walk away which is a 30 further minutes by train to Plaça de Catalunya in Barcelona for €3 one way.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
1 Thank NFH
Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

When on business trip, no time for tourism, no time for swimming. Most of the time meals are taken care of with clients. So you just need basic service from an hotel. Why to waste ?
Part of ihg group, run by gentle staff, easy access. No complains

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Barcelona-Sant Cugat, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear XavierMelisse,

Thank you for your feedback about our property. I am happy to know that the service received from our staff met your standards and our location was easily accessible. It is always nice to receive commendable feedback from our valued guests like you.

I hope you see us soon should your travels bring you back to the area!

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 days whilst training at the HP Centre. The room was very nice and comfy but the bath was lethal. The bath is so slippy underfoot, when I stepped into the shower. My legs started doing the Scooby-doo run, I fell back nearly ripping the shower door off and landed on my back, looking up at a strange red light, in the bathroom. I will not mention the massive black hair, which was wrapped around my plug!!
Over 2 hours!! Thats how long it took me to get a drink with my meal here. I kept asking and being told that it would be 1 minute. It would have been quicker to brew the beer myself I think?? Service is not very good and its hard to communicate with most of the staff.
If you want good food and good service, then get on the cheap train and eat elsewhere. I know its quite a new hotel but they need to get it sorted out before they get a bad reputation!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

H2 Sant Cugat
#6 of 6 in Sant Cugat del Valles
Hotel Sant Cugat
#2 of 6 in Sant Cugat del Valles
BlueBay City Barcelona Sant Cuga...
#5 of 6 in Sant Cugat del Valles

Been to Holiday Inn Express Barcelona-Sant Cugat? Share your experiences!