Pacific Club Resort
Phunawa Resort(Karon Beach)
  • Pool
  • Pool
1,616 results
All reviewsrooftop poolherbal saunaeggs benedictsteam roomstudio suitefull size fridgestray dogssmall hillsmall kitchensmall hotelbig buddhatuk tukhuge balconythai disheswalk into townkaron villagechai
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 December 2009

The hotel has a warm family vibe. The rooms had a little kitchen for us to cook and that was a bonus. They provided cutlery, utensils, microwave, heating device, large fridge and service staff even helped us to wash them up although we didn't expect them to. The beds are comfortable and the air-conditioning is strong (despite being set at 25 degrees, it was very cold!) There is also a free Internet terminal which is rare these days at hotels. The reception staff (especially day shift) are helpful and kind. I like the music they play from the dining area (it can be heard from the lobby as the place is quite cosy and small) as it was very 80s and 90s English Pop Hits.

It was excellent being able to rent a motorbike from the hotel and it brought plenty of convenience. The hotel is located near Karon Beach and Old Phuket Town which are good places for decent food and great massages at the latter. (We recommend Karma Massage at Old Phuket Town)

The rooftop swimming pool is AMAZING. It is large and quiet and clean. It has a breath-taking view of the sky and the mountains.

Although it is located quite far in (10 minute walk from main road, and a little uphill towards the end), the streets are well-lit outside the hotel and easy to find with clear signage. I wholly enjoyed my 3 day 2 night stay in this lovely gem of hotel in Phuket and will return in the future.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2009

This hotel is set back from the beach and it takes 10-15 minutes to walk to the beach or town (look out for the short cut through the market). This is a quality hotel that has a family feel to it. The rooms are well equipped and clean and the views out to sea are really rather good. The food is good and simple and yet inexpensive.

This hotel gives you quality without the cost.

PS: You should read some of the in-hotel literature - they also have a great sense of humor.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GeStryng
Reviewed 13 December 2009

Pacific Club

I was welcomed once again by the Pacific Club staff with warmth and genuine happiness to see me. This was my latest of several stays during the past three years. Prior to my arrival, I contacted reservations raising a concern about possible inconveniences created by a planned international conference in Karon during October. My concern was immediately relieved by a reply e-mail from the reservation’s staff, and followed by a personal e-mail from Eric, the owner. The hotel provides a high level of attention to guests and strives to provide the best service. After a 32 hour journey from the U.S., I love stepping into the hotel lobby to the waiting smiles and the most delicious tropical drink. Another smile came across my face as I open my room’s door where I see the bath towels arranged on the bed to resemble an elephant’s head-a nice touch. The rooms are very spacious with a comfortable bed and plenty of closet space. I love the open shower design in the bathroom as it adds to a beach atmosphere. Although the hotel is not on the beach, I don’t look at this as a negative point. The hotel sits on a hill in the middle of a tropical junble with beautiful ocean views. There is nothing more serene than having the darkness of the night envelope you while sitting on your balcony or the rooftop pool. Your cares are gone as you listen to and smell the surrounding jungle. As you can see, I just love this place. It remains an incredible value and I very much look forward to my next stay. My highest compliments to Eric and his incredible staff.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank boston mark
Reviewed 10 December 2009

Just packing my bags now and check-out after a wonderful 10 day's at the pacific.
I have choosen this hotel after reading all the revieuws about this hotel and i must say that i have not 1 regret to have done. Very nice hotel , nice and clean rooms ( thanks lady's of the cleaning staff ! ). Everyone was very friendly and helpfull. Thanks all of You for making my stay unforgeteble. Hotel is set up in a very quit spot, but a little far from everything ,to do by foot all the time.
But that is 1 thing you can read about on the website and on the revieuws.
I'm very happy to have stayed here.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank IVO1KOHCHANG
Reviewed 17 November 2009

Its strange to read reviews from others who stayed at the hotel at the same time as us.I have travelled the world but never stayed in a hotel that was so different. If you like bland hotel chains this mightnt be for you .
We stayed a week in a two bedroom suite with alovely view.Our bedroom had a six sided ceiling and the bathroom had about six different tiles and I counted about 14 different wall surfaces . It must have been a nightmare for the tiler to do.!!!
The kitchen was provided with plates ,,pots and basic cuttlery but no utensils, sharp knives or cutting board and as the room manual said is just for show as they dont want you cooking unless its to boil eggs but then there are no egg cups. A sharp knife to cut fruit would have been great.Also they did not provide tea only coffee and we had to ask twice for tea before they started supplying us. Only powdered milk sachets are provided too which is a shame as its the litle things that let it down.
Our suitehad old magasines and books to read as well as three TVs and a DVD player which was great for chilling out.The hotel has a great ambience and a really homely feeling and the staff and cleanliness are really good.As everyone has mentioned before the pool is fantastic.We tried the sauna.Hot and herbal. However the spa looked gorgeous but the water was cold and even the water pumping in was cold so the heating was obviously turned off. Maybe because it was off season and no one to use it.?
I specifically chose this hotel on the recommendations for Jims Dining room but unfortunately that turned out to be out biggest disappointment. We had planned to eat most of our meals there but after several poor meals we went else where.We started with the continental breakfast but that was just cornflakes, muesli or bran, fruit yogurt white bread orange cordial?,Pretty ordinary when you can get a hot breakfast at the Little Mermaid for 105 B and Jim charges 200B plus 17% tax. No other place we went to ever charged tax on top.Next we tried room service and everything tasted like it had been pre.cooked and then refried.Finally we had lunch in the restaurant my daughter ordered chicken foccaccia and chips. dark brown refried dry chickenand a few greasy chips.My husband and I both ordered prawns only to be told they only had enough for one serve. That should have warned us.!! I got the yellow prawn curry,a big bowl of onions and five tiny prawns which I had a hard time finding..It was so hot I couldnt eat it ..I must admit though we did enjoy the chocolate pudding .Overall as much as we liked Jim the food was a HUGE disappointment and nothing like the pictured food shown.Sorry Jim.
Although we enjoyed our weeks stay at the hotel the fact you were not close to everything and had to pay a driver to go out for meals was a turn off and I would probably stay closer to restaurants next time.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank gooz
uncle-eric, Owner at Pacific Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2009

Thanks for posting a review and for your many compliments and suggestions. I am posting Chef Jim's reply below my response.

First, I would like to welcome our new Resident Manager Ms. Nove who will be improving service and taking care of finer details such as providing a better knife in the rooms which have kitchenettes. She has excellent background in the 5 star resort business and just graduated with her Master's in Communication. Welcome aboard.

Second, in response to this review and the one just prior, we will be installing a heater for the jacuzzi this week. Please note that will make Pacific Club the only hotel in the under 300 US price range which has complimentary Herbal Sauna and heated jacuzzi service (normal Spa Resorts charge around 1,000 baht for a session in either and a public Herbal Steam Sauna such as Hideaway will set you back around 500 baht/person). Also today we have installed a new steam generator although we never had any complaints about the steam quality, I just found a better system and want to upgrade (the new one is also of the herbal gas type, natural steam and herbs, not the electric type pumped with artificial chemicals which is so common).

Kind Regards, please find Jim's response just below. and you can find many outstanding reviews of his restaurant in previous reviews.

Uncle Eric

Dear Gooz

I am sorry that your expectations were not meet, but I am pleased that you have brought it too my attention. Thank you, I only wish that I knew this before you had left as I am here just under a 100 hours a week. I really do feel sorry that I had let you down and only wish that I could turn back time.

Tax’s
By law we have to pay 7 % Government Tax
10 % Service Charge is not a Tax and it is placed on the menu for the team and only for the team. ( If you feel that the service is not up to standard and you don’t want to pay the service charge then please let me know )

Breakfast
Hot buffet + Cold Buffet with your choice of a cook main for breakfast only 250 Baht
Tax included (This is only if you buy the vouchers from me or when you reserve your room with breakfast)

Cold buffet selection 200 Baht ++
3 yoghurts
3 different marinated fruits
2 different breads
Scones, Banana Bread
Croissants & Danish this is the only add on
3 different Cereals yes Cornflakes, Muesli (Home Made) & All Bran.
2 Different Jams
Free Flow Coffee & Tea
Juice (Yes it is powered due to the cost factor) But you can buy freshly squeezed Juice 4 types
Salad selection with mixed fancy lettuces
Or
French Toast
Pancakes
You can choose one hot cook plate form the kitchen from a list of 15

Uncle Eric’s Chicken Foccacia
This is indeed crumbed & deep fried in separate oil from the French fries (Fries should only be fired in a separate deep fryer, Lucky I have two but if the team is not cooking at the right temperature this will also result in the fries are not greasy ) But this is my fault and I am sorry for this , as mention by another reviewer I need to spend more time in the kitchen , which I am doing.

Room service food
If I ever find or see this practice of reheating food and serving it I would not be able look any one in the eyes or show my self. This comment did put me on the back foot and I can promise you that I have never done and will never do what you had suggested.

Now I know, it is too late to close the gate. So to speak after the horse, has bolted but never the less, these are the things that have been rectified.

Once again I would like to say sorry and thank you for letting me know your concerns, now for any one else who is reading this. Please feel free come into the kitchen and say hi, please do not hesitate to mention too me or my hosts . If you feel that some thing is not quite up too your standards as we are here to make sure you have a great holiday.

Cheers