All reviews water mill the river next year fish relaxing holiday on arrival red squirrels homemade mayonnaise perfect place other guests local information look forward welcome card swimming pool is worth a visit beauty treatments stayed for nights
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Another fabulous holiday at Salazar! Once again, Paulette ensured that our stay was perfect in every way! Relaxing days by the pool and evenings spent with Paulette enjoying delicious wines and tasty snacks! Gites are spacious, clean and have everything you need in them. Life doesn’t get much better! Have booked to go again this summer - we can’t wait!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Paulette P, Owner at Moulin de Salazar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

It is always a pleasure to welcome you back and I so appreciate how much you love the property and this beautiful area of south west France. See you later this year.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

This was the second time that I had visited Moulin de Salazar with my parents. I'm an 11 year old boy who enjoys fishing, swimming and fresh croissants. I caught my first carp here, two years ago (12 pounds) from Paulette's pond. Whilst there is great wi-fi, I don't think you'll need to use it, as this place just makes you want to relax and chill.

The rooms are big and this time round ours overlooked the pool and the mill stream. It was fun to listen to the frog's chorus, early in the morning and late in the evening.

Paulette is really nice and was always interested in what fish we had caught. However, Humph (the 24 pound carp that is said to live in the pond) remained illusive.

I would strongly recommend the pizza restaurant in Lauzerte and my parents say that the Chateau de Chambert winery(recommended by Paulette) was worth a visit.

We'll definitely be back.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Paulette P, Owner at Moulin de Salazar, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

What a lovely review - thank you so much! It was great to welcome you the first time around in 2015 and it made me so happy that you came back this year. I loved your fishing stories and what a haul you had! Humph still hasn't been caught so maybe you will catch him the next time! Thank you all so much for coming to see me at Salazar and I truly look forward to seeing you all again - don't forget to send me some of the photos or just pop them on my page. Take care and once again, THANK YOU!

Reviewed 11 August 2017

The is possibly the most special place I have visited. Ever!

We stayed in the Red Suite in this fascinating, converted mill and everything was maintained to a very high standard, from the good quality cotton bed sheets to the cleanliness and order of the kitchen- every mod con available to cook with,and a cool box to take out for a picnic at the private, river beach. I liked the bathroom with its high ceiling and sense of space.

There's a great sense of space too in the grounds and with only four suites for hire, you're going to have lots of room to yourself. So, wander down to the little beach with the calming sound of water from the lock. My husband spent the afternoon fishing here and I happily read my book sitting on Paulette's brother's fishing stool.

Husband was also extremely happy barbecuing in the evening -once in the forecourt, and once near the table tennis and pool area in case of rain where there is a sheltered dining area. I loved the decent length pool and having a chat with Michelle, Paulette's sister in the morning as she prepared it for the day.

This is a really beautiful place, and ideal for people seeking peace and quiet, or for nature lovers. I don't usually spend so much time at the accommodation on holidays, but here it was a pleasure to read by the pool, play table tennis, or just wander in the grounds. We even ventured out on the bikes for a couple of hours, but remember this is the Quercy Blanc - rolling hills of idyllic sunflowers, and fertile lands, but you might not get too far unless you are of Tour de France fitness.
Paulette is extremely helpful and well informed about the area. She advised us to attend a fabulous festival one evening in Lauzerte; the village square laid out with trestle tables in which you claimed you place, drank your wine, ate from the food stalls surrounding the square, then chatted with others after a couple of glasses.
Once you are rested, and can peel yourself away, there is lots to do in the area - hill top villages, historic Cahors, the gorgeous gorges of Averyon further afield.
Paulette really does look after you, and a nice touch, I thought, was having our names on the door. So we knew who our neighbours were.
I would highly recommend this as a special and fascinating place.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Paulette P, Owner at Moulin de Salazar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Such a pleasure to host this lovely couple and for me, as an owner, a delight that they so enjoyed my Salazar. My sister and I work very hard at making Salazar a very special place to stay and to see two people really enjoy themselves so much and to benefit from all our efforts is reward enough. I feel very privileged to live in such an historic property in such a beautiful area and I get to meet some very wonderful guests so I have the best of both worlds. I do hope I shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back, you really were the perfect guests.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

A lovely relaxing stay at Moulin de Salazar arranged for us by Paulette. Paulette created a wonderful itinerary for us,Chateau visits, local villages and towns to explore which were perfectly balanced with downtime at Salazar. We spent time relaxing by the pool and had spa treatments from Michelle (Paulette's sister).The property is set in beautiful grounds with views from every window, simply charming and perfect to read or take a walk.The surrounding area is great for walkers and cyclists also. Paulette arranged everything from airport transfers to restaurant reccomendations so all we had to do was book our flights.We were made to feel at home from the moment we arrived. Thank you Paulette and Michelle for a wonderful stay and I look forward to returning to Salazar.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Paulette P, Owner at Moulin de Salazar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Our pleasure to host you two lovely ladies. Your appreciation of all our efforts on your behalf, and your enjoyment of all of the different parts of your itinerary was thanks in itself. We so enjoyed welcoming you to Salazar and are looking forward to your next visit. Thank you for the reservation and for being charming and appreciative guests - we could not have asked for better. Here's to the next visit.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

What a fantastic holiday and everything was arranged by the property owner Paulette. We wanted to visit a Chateau, experience wine tasting, enjoy walks around the area and sample different levels of local cuisine. Paulette created a wonderful itinerary which enabled us to balance sightseeing with down time at Moulin de Salazar, including swimming in the pool plus spa treatments from Michelle (Paulette's sister who is there during the summer). The accommodation is charming and set in beautiful grounds. Even the transfers were arranged by Paulette so we didn't have to arrange anything other than flights. Perfect for couples, friends getting together or people travelling alone. Looking forward to my next visit. Thank you Paulette and Michelle for a memorable stay.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Culture277920
Paulette P, Owner at Moulin de Salazar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Our absolute pleasure to host these two lovely ladies who were looking for a taste of real rural South West France, with it's wonderful Chateaux, fabulous diverse countryside and wide ranging styles of restaurants and markets. So appreciative of all our efforts on their behalf, we really enjoyed your company and look forward to the next time.