“Brilliant”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bollezeele
Brighton England
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 4 November 2008

This was our third stay at St Louis. We were knocked out by the incredible food on our first visit and the standards have not only been maintained but have improved in some areas.
Friendly hosts and great ambience make it worth crossing the channel for.

• Liked — The food
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Londres, Royaume-uni
Reviewed 17 October 2008

This was a last minute booking and having read good reviews on this site, I tried my luck (we needed 3 rooms for one night only) and was well rewarded for doing so. I speak French, which made it easy to book directly with the hotel, but the staff speak good English and I would advise anyone to do as I did. the contact over the phone was more than helpful and extremely friendly. I managed to book 2 standard rooms in the modern aisle of the hotel and a superior one in the old part of this attractive 18th century building. The hotel is in the village of Bollezeele, near 40 minutes from Calais and 20 from St Omer or Dunkerque. It is very quiet and the rooms are clean, comfortable and very good value for money. But what first attracted me (and my friends) was the reputation of the restaurant, rated as one of the best in the area. And we were not disappointed. The food is very inventive, of very high standard, reasonably priced (as are some of the very good wines on the list) and served with charm and great professionalism. Although we stayed and dined on a mid-week evening in October, the restaurant was packed and the hotel looked fully booked… and rightly so as this place deserve to be patronized by and advertised to anyone looking for a short break in the charming area surrounding beautiful St Omer.

• Liked — Very quiet
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
Westerham
Reviewed 27 September 2008

Visited September 2008. The service. accommodation and food were all outstanding and excellent value at very reasonable rates.
Bob Dexter

Worcester UK
Reviewed 18 September 2008

You will see that I have reviewed this hotel about 3 years ago.Maybe I'm biased !.......BUT
(Since my wife & I don't do long haul and are content with UK,France,Italy.....and Spain ?????) I really must say that,in any of our travels,this hotel does BY FAR the best food...and I mean BY FAR.If they were in Venice,Bruges or Carcassone,Paris or Rome,Seville or Bellagio (and there are some terrific restaurants in Bellagio !) they would make a FORTUNE !!! Tried Chateau Tilques (that's good) and Hotel Clery (good as well) but NONE compare - foodwise - with St Louis.This chef is a master......and DESERVES to be richly recommended.Somebody else will probably say they have eaten just as well.....but at what price ? This guy is culinary heaven !!! And so proud of what he achieves.And he has reason to be ! The food IS superb.By writing this review,I'm actually shooting myself (and others who already know the place - sorry !) in the foot ! But the standards of the restaurant are top drawer and deserve to be recognised.
The rooms ??? They're fine but not opulent or sumptious.A restful night - no grandeur.Appears as a good standard hotel without any particularly redeeming features UNTIL YOU EAT !
My only moan is that they are closed on Sundays.......but.......If I had to save my last sou during this credit crunch I'd swim to this place for a seat in their restaurant.(NO....I don't work there.....even their English ain't this good !!)
And,actually,it's also a very interesting place,Flanders !

Stayed September 2008
2 Thank mulv
Paris
Reviewed 17 September 2008

What a lovely hotel!!
First of all, when we arrived, we noticed that they respected everything we requested when we booked the room (colour, bathtub...). And it's really rare in a hotel..
The staff was really friendly, the room (SAVOIE) was lovely: bright, very spacious, newly redecorated, we simply loved it!
And the bed was soooooo comfortable!
In the morning we were brought breakfast in the room. It was excellent, delicious croissants and baguette, juice and tea.
As we were running late, we asked for a late check-out that we were offered.
we will definitely come back!

• Liked — bed
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2008

We have stayed at this hotel before and it seems to get better every time. The rooms are simple but more than adequate. The real advantage of staying here is the superb quality of food and helpfulness of the staff. The menus are excellent value and the food as good or better than any higher priced hotels anywhere in France. It is a pity we tend to stay here on our way to and from our final destination in Europe.

• Liked — the food
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008
Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2008

Encouraged by the positive reports about this hotel on Tripadvisor, we booked to stay 3 nights at the beginning of May - and we were not disappointed. The hotel is in a lovely old building with later additions. We had a 'superior' room ('Alsace') overlooking the beautiful gardens, 2 windows, lovely light, plenty of place, immaculately clean with a pristine bathroom.
The owners and staff were very welcoming. The food was delicious and all in all very good value. The hotel is in a quiet and relaxing setting. Didn't get the chance to speak French as the owners and staff were speaking English!
The purpose of the trip was to visit WW2 places of interest and Commonwealth War Grave Commission cemeteries. It was an ideal base, the roads were very quiet.

• Liked — lovely surroundings, clean, relaxed and welcoming
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank arromanche
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bollezeele
Le Chateau de Cocove
Au Tonnelier
Au Tonnelier
#1 of 1 in Bergues
All Suites Appart Hotel Dunkerque

Been to Hostellerie Saint Louis? Share your experiences!