All reviews amuse bouche channel tunnel gourmet food dog friendly hotel comfortable rooms excellent restaurant visited this hotel chain hotels friendly welcome hotel restaurant overnight stop large room en route this lovely hotel dessert trolley stayed for one night excellent food and service
Reviewed 13 May 2015

Now you know me, I tell the truth! Can I tell everyone that my wife ( a stern critic food wise) and I have unanimously voted this restaurant the BEST we have eaten at over 34 years of visiting La Belle France most years. We were staying nearby ,3 miles away ,and after the first meal we retraced our steps each night......siting waiting at 7 pm each time full of expectation.
Let me expound......tonight for example I had a small plate of tasty appetisers and a wonderful 'amuse bouchée' of cream of carrot soup with orange and ginger followed by queen scallops in a piquant sauce of superb taste followed by wonderful fillet of roughy with artichokes and mustard sauce followed by a plate of three small deserts ( of my choice each night) and then coffee with small chocs and a glass of wine and a glass of local beer.............guess how much?? Converted to sterling £24!!
Unbelievably good . Really unbelievable. And my wife's meal of carpaccio followed by lamb chops was as good and she knows her lamb! Total cost inc service was only 67 euros.
Now on top of that there is a charming relaxed but refined atmosphere well populated by both French and English diners. Add the cheerful ,kind,bilingual ,humourous and knowledgeable waiting staff including Madame la Patronne and Monsieur 'Preston'.
So ,I am saying, if you are within 20 ,no let's say 30 miles from this lovely place.....you make a detour for a stay or at least a meal.
There......you get the idea......it's fabulous! I only wish we were going back tomorrow but the tunnel is booked and we need to get back for the big Bath game!!
But we will return hopefully as its only an hour or so from Calais although well off the beaten track.
I place my credibility on the line!

Room Tip: We only had dinner here......
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank NotLordPercy
Reviewed 11 May 2015

I recently stayed at this hotel with a group of friends.The village that the hotel is located in is small but has a few shops and eating places. However we were on half board which was very convenient.

The room we had was at the back and was quiet. Our other friends also liked their rooms. The service was at all times good.

The breakfast was very good and the food provided in the evening was also very good. The only issue I had was that the set menu only had a choice of two starters, two mains and two deserts (one of which was always cheese). Luckily we all found dishes we liked every day but some might find this an issue.

Given that slight issue I would still recommend a visit.

Room Tip: Room at the back might be slightly quieter though the village itself was quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2015 via mobile

Have been going to this hotel for nearly 20 years on a yearly basis with various friends. It is certainly the best in Northern France. Delightful rooms but the best thing is the restaurant. The food is wonderful. We always stay half board but they also have an excellent a la carte menu. The breakfast is plentiful. The staff are terrific, so is the very attentive service

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2015

We discovered this hotel/restaurant about 5 years ago and call in regularly. If you're looking for a hotel with amazing food this is the place. Thank you Bea for your wonderful welcome and great service, and thank you to the Chef for producing some of our most memorable meals ever. The fish here is fresh and absolutely delicious, as is everything else on offer, with menus designed to tempt the palate, and dishes innovative and exquisitely presented. The dessert trolley is something you don't see often these days, but the choices are so tempting and freshly made, it's difficult to choose, so thankfully we are allowed three choices each! There are speciality desserts on offer too, I tried an old favourite, Crepes Suzette on our last trip and was not disappointed, it was more delicious than ever! We first of all found the hotel as a stopover, but now we go out of our way to make sure we overnight here, and are never disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2015

After a long drive up from the Limousin and a horrid gridlock in Paris for an extra hour the first sight of the hotel was a welcome one.
The greeting at reception was friendly and set the tone for the whole of our stay. Only 1 night but it will become a regular stop on our journies home 3 or 4 times a year.
We had a superior room which was spacious, well furnished and had a lovely view to the front of the hotel with it's nice garden and water features.
If I can find fault, and it's pretty nigh impossible to do so, it would be that the mattress was very firm and did not give a comfortable sleep.
The highlight of our short stay was the evening meal.
I failed to get the name of our waiter but he was Belgian and spoke excellent English. I would guess that he had spent time living/working there as he used expressions that only come from a time of residence. He had a good sense of humour and was first class at his job.
But all the staff were likewise and given the quality of the food and hotel that's not a surprise.
The meal was beautifully presented, superbly cooked and using the highest quality of produce.
It was so good we could not manage breakfast the next morning as it would have been a struggle to have done it justice.
We will undoubtedly be back but next time I'll get there without touching Paris and that will make it totally perfect.

Room Tip: All rooms are named not numbered. Ours was Alsace and I'd recommend it.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple