“Perfect stop-over for a few nights.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Premiere Classe Dunkerque - Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer

and 1 more site!
Premiere Classe Dunkerque - Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Perfect stop-over for a few nights.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

After being recommended this hotel by a friend, then reading the reviews later, we arrived with a feeling of dread !! How wrong could we be. There was a friendly English speaking person on the desk who gave us a warm welcome, when asking about check in, we were told Reception was manned 24/7 and depending on room availability, we could have checked in from 6.30am, check out was 12.00 noon, we were also told about the eat all you can continental breakfast for just 4.90 euro's. There was a vending machine for hot drinks and snacks at sensible prices for other times. The room was just as I expected, the photos are there for all to see on the booking websites, so people shouldnt be surprised, 2 single beds which do push together and a bunk at the top, each bed was made up with crisp clean sheets, each had a fitted eiderdown and a blanket, only one pillow though, so need to take a spare if you want extra height, or like I did, use the blanket. The room had two heaters, which were fully adjustable to create a perfect room temperature. I had the bunk and at 5`5" there was ample room for me to sit up without bashing my head. There was a wet room at the end, a toilet, basin and shower and ample sockets in the room. The Bathroom, like the rest of the room was spotless. Breakfast was ample for what we needed, bread, cake, spreads, jams, hot drinks and fruit juice, eat as much as you want, no ham or cheese but with Carrefour opposite, no bother going to get some. We all had an excellent nights sleep with no disturbance from the traffic and left knowing we would return. The reason for our stay was a stop-over between visiting local Christmas markets, we needed somewhere comfortable to lay out heads and this location was perfect. Having now stayed in a Campanille and F1, this place wins hands down, Just one word to the wise which I will say, is, follow the signs to Carrefour to find your way in, we followed the hotels address on the satnav and wiggled through the housing Estate.

Room Tip: Room 3, that side furthest away from the road and depending on where you park in the car park, but w...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Stockport, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

The positives - The hotel is located in a good spot, facing a shopping centre which has a bar and a few shops but, it has the big Carrefour sign. It's on a main road but, it's off the main road. So at night you won't hear much traffic. The staff speak a good level of English and gave me directions to the post office (La Poste) the main road takes you literally straight down in to Dunkirk's town centre and on the same road it takes you to the port, with a few bends and turns going through Loon Plage. There are streets where you can see what it's like to be a local, if you enjoy photography.

The negatives - The hotel is a nightmare for cyclist, me being one of them. I didn't want to chance leaving my £700 outside so I brought it inside with me, the room is so cramped! My double bed had some old sheets filled with crumbs, the pillows are like bricks and there is no way of getting subtitles for the telly, so I was making up the story as I went along. There was a single bed above my bed, so I let my bike have its own bed! The bathroom is really small, it's like a small sailors cabin. When you're showering, the water goes all over the flood and goes onto the bedroom floor. The room has that charity shop smell, the staff are very rude! The breakfast is a joke, coffee, jam and a packet crossiant for five euros!? A lot of real low life use this hotel, infact I had a man stand around outside my door.

I'd strongly advise people to avoid room 35 on the ground floor, round the cornor. The door doesn't lock. The area is [--] boring, not to much to see or do. I was due to stay a second night but I dropped out of the idea and stayed at "Ibis Hotel" in the town centre. There is another hotel a few metres away "Formula 1 hotel" wow... I am glad I didn't go there, but chance it if you dare. The area is well known for drug users, thieves and criminal activity, I was due to leave very early to catch a train to Lille. Thank goodness I stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Daniel M

Travellers are raving about these Saint-Pol-sur-Mer hotels

Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

The hotel was clean, spacious & excellent value for money. The bathroom was a spacious wet room with well thought out design. The bed was comfortable, the room was warm & well sound proofed. Breakfast was excellent value for money, a great start to the day.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premiereclasse.com - Louvre Hotels Group

1 Thank Shani F
Brighton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed here last year and came back in 2013 for the money it was spot on. Very basic, but also very clean and ticks all the boxes for a one night motorway stop. Both times Reception Staff have spoken exceptionally good English. I'm looking forward to next year, coffee from the machine and a choccy croissant from the Carrefor's.

Room Tip: Although no lift the upper floors have a better layout I think in 2012 we may have had a disabled ac...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ipswich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

This hotel is not bad for what you pay for it. Nice and close to the ferry.
Our room was clean and bed was ok for a good nights sleep.
Breakfast was good, what more do you want from a budget hotel.
Would i stay again yes no problem.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

We stayed here for one night before our trip to Belgium - and it was perfectly fine!!
Close to ferrys, supermarket across the road.
I don't know how anyone can complain for the price you pay!
The bathroom was small - but still useable!
Air con in room too!!
Would stay again!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank 0Ray0
St Albans, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

A typical Premiere Classe really. It DOES however, have air con in the rooms and the breakfast room, which we've never encountered before in their hotels.

This motel is very much used by van drivers, so there was quite a lot of noise early morning.

Nowhere much around the motel, but there's a Carrefour just opposite and a little café in that complex (Le St Louis), which closes early evening, but does cheap food and the staff are very welcoming.

Cheap en suite rooms as a stop-off for travellers

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Pol-sur-Mer
B&B Hotel Dunkerque Centre Gare
All Suites Appart Hotel Dunkerque
Kyriad Dunkerque Sud - Loon Plage
Ibis Budget Dunkerque Grande Synthe
Campanile Dunkerque Est - Armbouts Cappel
Hotel La Cuis'in
Hotel La Cuis'in
#3 of 13 in Dunkirk

Been to Premiere Classe Dunkerque - Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer? Share your experiences!