“Cheap as chips and free Wifi and TV great!”

Premiere Classe Dunkerque - Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed here unexpectedly after a weeks camping in Guines near Calais.
We were supposed to be at the Armbouts Cappel hotel but after arriving there and the self check in not working we cancelled our reservation and turned up at the Saint Pol Sur Mer Hotel looking for a room. The gentleman on the check in desk was very helpful and got us a room straight away, the rooms are basic but comfortable and for 29 Euros how could we complain. Nice hot shower in the morning and decent Wifi as well as a flatscreen telly which although showed no English channels was good after a week without any telly at all! The hotel is right next door to a massive Carrefour which is really handy for grabbing a bite to eat. Another great value Premiere Classe hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 January 2014

If you want luxury, no chance. The guy at reception was friendly, room given on the quiet side . Room clean, free wifi. Rested my head, got up and was rested prior to my long journey. Don't expect five star,but a simple place to put your head down and you can be disappointed. For. 29wur I can't complain.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Busyness_traveller
Reviewed 9 December 2013

After being recommended this hotel by a friend, then reading the reviews later, we arrived with a feeling of dread !! How wrong could we be. There was a friendly English speaking person on the desk who gave us a warm welcome, when asking about check in, we were told Reception was manned 24/7 and depending on room availability, we could have checked in from 6.30am, check out was 12.00 noon, we were also told about the eat all you can continental breakfast for just 4.90 euro's. There was a vending machine for hot drinks and snacks at sensible prices for other times. The room was just as I expected, the photos are there for all to see on the booking websites, so people shouldnt be surprised, 2 single beds which do push together and a bunk at the top, each bed was made up with crisp clean sheets, each had a fitted eiderdown and a blanket, only one pillow though, so need to take a spare if you want extra height, or like I did, use the blanket. The room had two heaters, which were fully adjustable to create a perfect room temperature. I had the bunk and at 5`5" there was ample room for me to sit up without bashing my head. There was a wet room at the end, a toilet, basin and shower and ample sockets in the room. The Bathroom, like the rest of the room was spotless. Breakfast was ample for what we needed, bread, cake, spreads, jams, hot drinks and fruit juice, eat as much as you want, no ham or cheese but with Carrefour opposite, no bother going to get some. We all had an excellent nights sleep with no disturbance from the traffic and left knowing we would return. The reason for our stay was a stop-over between visiting local Christmas markets, we needed somewhere comfortable to lay out heads and this location was perfect. Having now stayed in a Campanille and F1, this place wins hands down, Just one word to the wise which I will say, is, follow the signs to Carrefour to find your way in, we followed the hotels address on the satnav and wiggled through the housing Estate.

Room Tip: Room 3, that side furthest away from the road and depending on where you park in the car park, but w...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The positives - The hotel is located in a good spot, facing a shopping centre which has a bar and a few shops but, it has the big Carrefour sign. It's on a main road but, it's off the main road. So at night you won't hear much traffic. The staff speak a good level of English and gave me directions to the post office (La Poste) the main road takes you literally straight down in to Dunkirk's town centre and on the same road it takes you to the port, with a few bends and turns going through Loon Plage. There are streets where you can see what it's like to be a local, if you enjoy photography.

The negatives - The hotel is a nightmare for cyclist, me being one of them. I didn't want to chance leaving my £700 outside so I brought it inside with me, the room is so cramped! My double bed had some old sheets filled with crumbs, the pillows are like bricks and there is no way of getting subtitles for the telly, so I was making up the story as I went along. There was a single bed above my bed, so I let my bike have its own bed! The bathroom is really small, it's like a small sailors cabin. When you're showering, the water goes all over the flood and goes onto the bedroom floor. The room has that charity shop smell, the staff are very rude! The breakfast is a joke, coffee, jam and a packet crossiant for five euros!? A lot of real low life use this hotel, infact I had a man stand around outside my door.

I'd strongly advise people to avoid room 35 on the ground floor, round the cornor. The door doesn't lock. The area is [--] boring, not to much to see or do. I was due to stay a second night but I dropped out of the idea and stayed at "Ibis Hotel" in the town centre. There is another hotel a few metres away "Formula 1 hotel" wow... I am glad I didn't go there, but chance it if you dare. The area is well known for drug users, thieves and criminal activity, I was due to leave very early to catch a train to Lille. Thank goodness I stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Daniel M
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The hotel was clean, spacious & excellent value for money. The bathroom was a spacious wet room with well thought out design. The bed was comfortable, the room was warm & well sound proofed. Breakfast was excellent value for money, a great start to the day.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premiereclasse.com - Louvre Hotels Group
1  Thank Shani F
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed here last year and came back in 2013 for the money it was spot on. Very basic, but also very clean and ticks all the boxes for a one night motorway stop. Both times Reception Staff have spoken exceptionally good English. I'm looking forward to next year, coffee from the machine and a choccy croissant from the Carrefor's.

Room Tip: Although no lift the upper floors have a better layout I think in 2012 we may have had a disabled ac...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

This hotel is not bad for what you pay for it. Nice and close to the ferry.
Our room was clean and bed was ok for a good nights sleep.
Breakfast was good, what more do you want from a budget hotel.
Would i stay again yes no problem.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Pol-sur-Mer
Kyriad Dunkerque Sud - Loon Plage
All Suites Appart Hotel Dunkerque
B&B Hotel Dunkerque Centre Gare
Ibis Budget Dunkerque Grande Synthe
Les Gens de Mer Dunkerque
hotelF1 Dunkerque centre St Pol sur Mer
hotelF1 Dunkerque centre St Pol ...
#1 of 2 in Saint-Pol-sur-Mer

Been to Premiere Classe Dunkerque - Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer? Share your experiences!