“More Than Perfect”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Les-Sorinieres
Pinehurst, North Carolina
“More Than Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2007

What a beautiful hotel! I only regret that we stayed one night. We chose to have dinner at the hotel, and it was superb with a very attentive wait staff. Although we were one hour late to breakfast (time zone - our fault), they were wonderful about it. The freshly squeezed orange juice at breakfast was so nice.
The rooms were very clean, and the beds were great. I would return there, but I would stay longer. Ours was a family room on the third floor, and the cost was very reasonable. When we checked out, I peeked at other empty rooms on the second floor, and each that I saw was lovely.

• Liked — The beautifully kept old abbey building.
  • Disliked — That I could not stay longer.
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank andiandi1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
castricum, netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2006

I am really very sorry that I cannot write a review about the hotel itself because I am almost sure it would be very positive.
However I will not be able to judge for myself because of the really absurd and dishonest treatment I received this week.
We had made a firm booking already in December 2005 in order to pay a visit to Nantes in August next.
Last week I received a message from the hotel, warning us that on one of our two-night stay it would be possible that we would suffer from noise due to a wedding-party. They asked us whether we wanted to confirm our booking or cancel it.
Since we were looking forward to a stay in this old former abbey, I asked the management whether there would be a kind of compensation (read: tariff reduction) for the lack of comfort which almost certainly would arise.
The answer I got was, in short, "take it or leave, no discount given and don't complain afterwards in case you wish to confirm your booking". I was rather upset by this blunt reply and reacted in the sense that I felt complete lack of customer-satisfaction.
Their last answer: sorry, we need all the rooms for the wedding!

Summarizing: we, who had made a reservation already 9 months in advance, were now a liability because of the wedding reservations. Instead of telling us the truth right from the start and offering us alternative lodging, they were pushing us to cancel our reservation because they needed the room.

• Stayed December 2005
3 Thank prius

Travellers are raving about these Les-Sorinieres hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2005

From the moment you drive up towards the hotel you know your going to enjoy an evening of ellegance. This place is so beautiful and the rooms are large and regal, especially the big bathtub. The outdoor area has a wonderful reception area for a wedding, with a circular pool in the middle of the garden. I felt like getting married!! The restaurant served a beautiful meal, with prices very affordable. I checked in with an voucher (being part of my airfare - land content), the manager took the voucher without making any queries and proceded to try and charge me the next day, stating the voucher was not redeemable. He was very nice about it, and we sorted it out in the end, but I was frustrated and put a bit of a dampner on the end of my stay. But I would return for a special occasion...maybe a wedding!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Les-Sorinieres
Graslin - Commerce
Oceania Hotel de France
Oceania Hotel de France
#1 of 108 in Nantes
Hotel Sozo
#4 of 108 in Nantes

Been to Abbaye de Villeneuve? Share your experiences!