This was our 6th camping holiday in France and 1st visit to La Pignade/any Siblu campsite. We stayed in a 3 bed excellence which was in immaculate condition and very modern. 2 small maintenance problems were sorted immediately by the very efficient and helpful reception staff. The overall campsite is clean and well maintained with average sized pitches. The campsite was quiet while we were there with a lot of mobiles occupied by French owners. No noisy teenagers hanging out made it suitable for families with younger children.
The weather was very mixed during our stay. Therefore most days the pool was not too crowded. However, the lifeguards used the weather to their full advantage to sit around doing nothing. On at least 5 days during our day, the water slides were only open from 11 till 1pm and then again from 3pm till 6pm. I could see no reason why the slides should have been closed except for rain. Despite our complaints that we were paying high season prices and therefore expected high season opening hours, nothing was done about this.
One of the main reasons why we wouldn't return to La Pignade was the standard of the Kid's Clubs. The activities are very basic and my six year old was very bored with it so we just didn't bother with it after a few visits. We met 2 other Irish families whose children refused to go any day because the standard was so poor. The evening entertainment is provided by the same Siblu staff and is best avoided - the kids loved it though !, The onsite restaurant has reasonably priced, decent food but the service is slow. There is a takeaway and a small shop onsite also.
Ronce les Bains is a pretty village with a handful of nice restaurants. There is a cycle path to/from the village. The local beach is quite muddy. The nearest 'proper' sandy beach is approx 4kms along a cycle path. Further afield, La Palmyre has a great beach, lots of restaurants and the zoo is worth visiting. Ile d'Oleron is very attractive with lots of beaches. Royan has lots of shops and a fabulous beach front.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family holiday park with all the attractions of large parks but on a cozier scale! There is a covered pool, free children's clubs, bar, restaurant, evening entertainment. This is the perfect spot for sun lounging and many big beaches are close by. Famous towns including La Rochelle and Royan are a short journey away. Spacious, modern holiday homes, some with terraces, provide the accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your Siblu Villages - La Pignade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Pignade Hotel Ronce-Les-Bains
- Siblu Villages - La Pignade Ronce-Les-Bains, France - Charente-Maritime