Le Grand Chalet Des Pistes(Meribel)(Great Value!)
US$205
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Breakfast
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshot tub and saunagreat hostsfood was amazingcakesgreat holidaymeribel centrelift passesalpine ethosafternoon tea and cakemain resortshort driveshuttle serviceski holidayhard days skiingeach morningother guestslovely little village
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I stayed with Heather and Andy for the Cab 9 snowboard camp. It really was a brilliant week.

The chalet was everything that you would expect and more. My room was a cosy double, the bed was very comfortable and I slept well every night. The room was clean and well appointed - wardrobes, mirror, lamps, plenty of sockets.

The toilet and bathroom were also very clean and maintained that way throughout the week. The shower was great, lots of hot water to wash away those aches and pains from the slopes.

The food throughout the week was excellent. Plenty of it and all home cooked. It was very tasty and there was great variety through the week. I always left meal times feeling satisfied. They were very accommodating when I mentioned I didn't like fish pie on one evening. They produced an alternative meal which was really good.

It was this willingness to help along with their general relaxed friendly attitude that really made the week.

The chalet is a few mins drive away from Meribel itself which I would normally have a problem with but I can honestly say that that fact didn't detract from the week at all. Most days it was simply a matter of calling Heather or Andy and arranging for them to come and get us. Other options were a free bus or short taxi ride so it really was covered.

I have stayed in catered chalet's before but this has been my best experience so far. I am more than happy to recommend to others and expect that I will be seeing Heather and Andy again. I am already plotting a summer trip for the mountain biking.

Keep up the good work guys !

:-)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank lazybrilliance
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We were approached by Heather from Alpine Ethos via a post on Chalets Direct, just as we were getting worried the right holiday didn't exist. My wife and I ended up having a near-perfect week of skiing/boarding, eating and drinking (end of Feb 2012)! The Alpine Ethos guys really made the effort in the right places to ensure the range of guests staying in the chalet got what they wanted - from the fliexibility of lifts to/from the slopes every day, recommendations of local venues and free slope touring, up to the consistently high standard of genuinely satisfying food.
We were in an apartment, which was loads of room for just two of us and had an incredible view out over the valley. The larger group underneath us also seemed to have loads of space (there were 6 of them) and each area had a DVD player, Nintendo Wii and a lot of other similar touches.
Overall we were really impressed with the value for money we got for our stay, and would gladly return again if we can. 3 Valleys provides a literally colossal range of slopes, far more than we could cover wholly in just a week, and the cannons and glaciers make skiable snow a pretty safe bet. If we do go back to the 3 valleys, we'll do whatever we can to stay with Alpine Ethos again.

Room Tip: If you can get one the apartments guarantee a balcony with a brilliant view and loads of space!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike D
Reviewed 2 March 2012

This is the second time we have stayed with Heather and Andy, I can honestly say it
has been the best skiing holiday we have ever had!
The first time we stayed I contacted them beforehand to help arrange my proposal to my
girlfriend, which went very well as I returned this year with my wife! They arranged champagne on the slopes, cooled in the snow of course :)
Heather, Megan, Benny (the dog) & Andy couldn't do more to help out,
they recommended the best slopes and came out with us one day to show
off their boarding skills, I think Heather was a bit better than Andy,
personally!
The food is fantastic and cooked perfectly, with plenty to eat and
drink to help you to recover after an epic days skiing.
The chalet is really comfortable & always kept cosy warm with wii's &
DVD players to entertain us when we're all skied out.
The shuttle service was easy and the bubble lift from Les Allues was another easy backup way of getting to/back from the slopes.
We also all really enjoyed the hot tub and sauna for R&R at the end of the day!

Overall a fantastic setup with fantastic people, I couldn't recommend it enough!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andy H
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This was my 2nd time staying with Heather and Andy at Chalet St Joseph and this trip was even better than the last. We have stayed on both the main floor of the chalet and in one of the apartments and the facilities in both areas are excellent. Heather and Andy are really welcoming and are on hand to offer their local knowledge of the area.

The Chalet is located in Les Allues which is a quieter village outside of the main resort. Heather and Andy offer a shuttle service to and from the slopes and Les Allues can also be easily reached by gondola or bus.

The food at the chalet is excellent, I particularly looked forward to a home made cake once I'd come off the piste, and they are happy to modify the menu to suit people's varying dietary requirements / tastes.

I'd happily recommend Chalet St Joseph to anyone looking for a skiing holiday in Meribel.

Thanks for another great holiday Heather and Andy.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Stayed at chalet st jospeh for one week 15th - 22nd JAN 2012. Briliant stay, food was amazing, the knowledge and expertise of Heather and Andy was excellent, they couldnt do enough for us, and as my first time skiing holiday and already i want to go back before the end of the season!
The chalet is situated in a lovely spot and and the facilities are fab too!
All in all a brilliant chalet clean and all the amenities you could want. including hot tub!
Thanks to Heather and Andy!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends