“What a shame !!!!! it is not a real French restaurant, awfull and sade.”

Restaurant Belle Rive
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Nantua
Price range: US$15 - US$58
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2017

We wait 30 mn to get the wine from Loire, which was absolutely disgusting, I've ordered a new bottle from the Rhône valley, better but not very good.
I am still looking for the '' Morilles '' with " Poulet de Bresse aux morilles " 23 euros for the chicken and add 7 to have the sauce with '' Morilles ''.
For the dessert I've asked for an Ice cream, the waiter came with the finger inside the ice cream cup ..... terrible, I've told him that it is not the way of serving.... and answered I am a trainee .......

1  Thank patrick r

Reviewed 22 November 2016

We came for lunch time and were sat with no reservation on a Saturday. I had heard lots of great things about this restaurant and expected more. The service was just ok, and the food was good but not outstanding.

Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

My wife and I visited while on holiday in France in June 2016. This meal was one of the highlights. I had the traditional main course of veg and fish in the traditional and delicious Nantua sauce. My wife had the fish burger and chips which sounds fairly plain but was really tasty (I tried a mouthful !) and nicely presented. My dessert is pictured. Need I say more ?!! The white chocolate dome with all the trimmings was tremendous and preceded coffee which came with nice petit fours.
Obviously the table by the lake was smashing and provided a super backdrop for our visit. The service was friendly and helpful while the price was fair. Happy to suggest that if in Nantua you definitely give this place a look.

1  Thank Zonderman
Reviewed 29 December 2014

On our trip to the french alps we decided to divert from the main motorways to appreciate the countryside . Following trip advisor recommendations we came to find this restaurant. The food was simple in my view but very well cooked, the service was excellent at an affordable price, however the main allurement was definitely the unbeatable views from the big glassy windows overlooking Nantua Lake.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My wife and I ate hear at the end of July during our road trip around France. We chose to eat here based on the reviews on this site, and weren't disappointed. As we arrived as the restaurant opened at 7.30pm we were seated next to the windows overlooking the lake. The service was very good and our waiter was happy to explain options from the menu that our mediocre French could not decipher.

We were served gazpacho and baguette as a free starter. My wife's chicken with a mushroom sauce was fantastic, and my lemon and honey glazed pork was delicious. For desert my wife had ice cream and I had speculoos chocolate tart. Again both were very nice. Without drinks the meal came to €56.50, with drinks €68.50. Parking was free although we walked from our hotel at the end of the lake.

We would be happy to eat here again.

1  Thank 2011_road_trippers