AgriHotel Morada
US$150
US$141
Hotels.com
Forte Village Resort - Il Borgo(Santa Margherita di Pula)
US$977
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Forte Village Resort - Le Dune(Santa Margherita di Pula)
US$2,309
US$138
US$224
US$387
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Costa dei Fiori(Santa Margherita di Pula)
US$298
  • Pool
Hotel Mare Pineta(Santa Margherita di Pula)
US$199
US$141
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed for 5 nights in the Hotel Morada and enjoyed each minute. A little up in the mountains the surrounding is peaceful and perfect for restorative vacation and to see a lot of stars at night :). Lead from couple Enzo and Fulvia with such a lot of passion and heart that you always feel in good hands. They try to achieve any wishes you express such as special desires, trips, recommendations or meals. The rooms are very spacious and clean with aircon and a comfortable bed.

The culinary art is marvellous and you recognize that Fulvia is a passionate cook who wants to serve traditional dishes of Sardinian/Mediterranean with fresh and high quality ingredients. Not to speak about the stunning view over the hills and sea
A lot of nice and beautiful beaches are around to reach by car as well as other places of interest (caves, archaeological, animals etc.). Cagliari is just 15 minutes drive away and is a good place to do some shopping.

So summarised: the perfect Hotel and place to stay for discover Sardinia with marvellous hosts Enzo and Fulvia!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed at AgriHotel Morada for 4 nights and had a great time. We travelled by bus and did not had a car. That was a little difficult, first of all to find the hotel. But it takes just a ring to the nice receptionist and they will tell you how to find the hotel. The other days the hotel owner Enzo brought us and picked us up when necessary. The hospitality was from a high standard! The owner speaks German and Italian and the receptionist speaks also French. So there a more ways to communicate and that is nice.
The hotel is beautiful with a great view, a swimming pool and a great kitchen. We had dinner at the hotel and were surprised by the food. The room we booked was big and more important it was really clean. The housekeeping makes sure it was cleaned every day.
Breakfast is served at your table and is a surprise every morning, fresh and served with good coffee, juice and fruit.
The price of the room is reasonable and you get good values for your money.
If you are looking for good service, great hospitality, calm surroundings and great food, you have to book the Morada Hotel. Your stay will be easier when you have a car!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We ended our 10 day stay in Sardinia by visiting Agriturismo Morada and would like to say we had the most fabulous traditional meal. We felt the host, Enzo was incredibly hospitable and his team prepared one of the best fish meals we have ever had. I would urge anyone who visits this southern part of Sardinia to make time to go for a very impressive dinner. The atmosphere was very relaxed but attentive and my husband and I and two children (aged 11 and 8) all enjoyed every mouthful of the dinner ...particularly the tuna tagliata ( a house speciality). The area is delightful and close to some amazing beaches so I would highly recommend a visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2013

When I read about the Agrihotel Morada on Trip Advisor and their own website I thought I'd found a gem of a place to stay. Boy, was I wrong!!!

Their website says “Rooms have ..... private balcony.” Only the sea view rooms have balconies (and they were surrounded by high walls with no view at all when sitting down – and they were a heat trap due to light walls reflecting heat onto the balcony and blocking any cooling breeze). The mountain view rooms have just a door instead of a window and a safety metal rail. There was insufficient room to place a couple of chairs to allow us to sit with refreshments relaxing and enjoying the view. (For a balcony to be a balcony it must project beyond the building line).

Their website says “All rooms are equipped with ...... air conditioning”. Yes there was air conditioning in our room, but the thermostat was broken and the temperature set far too high resulting in me getting only 3 hours sleep on the first night. From the condition of the control, it had clearly been broken for some time. Before we realised it was broken Enzo went through the charade of adjusting the temperature when I commented on how hot it was. I say “charade” because I am sure he knew it was broken. The fact it had not been fixed for a long time lead me to wonder if it may even have been deliberate in order to keep their costs down at the expense of guest comfort. Surely not!!

Their website presents a glowing image of their restaurant including “We offer a different way to taste pizza, we will be glad to serve you our original agripizza”. When we asked what was for dinner we were told “fish or meat”. I interpreted that to mean a choice. There was no choice at all. We were not offered pizza. (Note that the food did appear to be good traditional dishes cooked well).

I see that the last reviewer said his room was enormous. Seeing his photo, I know that this room was the Family Room, or suite as they insisted on calling it (despite being only one room). Yes, it is huge, but did not even have a door with a railing to the outside let alone a proper balcony. The two other rooms we saw were only average size or smaller not allowing enough room for any easy chairs. We had only one small stool in front of the unlit(!) mirror. (They supplied two chairs from the unoccupied family room on request but they did not really fit). Interestingly, the bathrooms are large – using space that is sorely needed by the bedrooms.

When we first arrived, the showed us the family room and said we could upgrade at no cost. We declined due to the lack of balcony and the views not being very good. Fine for sleeping but that was all. What shocked us, though, was that, whilst we were eating dinner, they came over and said we could upgrade to the family room, but it would cost 50 Euros a night!!! This was extraordinary as we had already declined a free upgrade. I can only assume they thought we may change our mind and felt they could make more money from it – or were setting the ground rules so we would not change our mind??

The air conditioning heat exchanger was positioned behind a grill above a washbasin and had clearly been dripping condensation onto the "marble" surround and had severely discoloured it over at least a year. The toilet roll holder was so loose the roll would fall off at the slightest provocation. These two things were not serious in themselves, but do evidence the lack of attention to maintenance.

Breakfast was just pitiful. It consisted of just one chocolate croissant, a fruit juice and a coffee. We were not offered anything else.

Some of the previous reviewers said how helpful Enzo had been. That was not our experience. As we would say, he “talked the talk but did not walk the walk”. His co-operation was only skin deep and only when it suited him.

On the plus side, the hotel was clean.

I was not prepared to get just 3 hours sleep per night for a whole week and we felt their website misrepresented the facilities available so we felt we had to leave after just one night. This led to the main reason for us giving the hotel such an unsympathetic review because, when we went to leave they said we would have to pay the whole of the cost of the 7 nights we had originally booked. This had not been the agreement with our travel agent which said one night payment for a no-show. Fortunately, I had printed out the agreement with the Travel Agent but, even then, it took us a full hour to convince them that it did not require full payment on cancellation. (We offered, grudgingly, to pay for two nights as a compromise so we could get away, but they refused). They held us hostage for over an hour by refusing to give us a fair bill. We could not leave as we could not pay anything without a receipt and feared they would set the police on us if we left without paying - even if we promised to pay when we did get a fair bill. Eventually, after talking to the travel agent, the hotel agreed the full week was not due and gave us a bill for one night at the rack rate which we willingly paid. I was going to pay cash, so I asked for a receipt but the receptionist claimed she did not understand and wrote “Pay” (rather than “Paid”) on the bill and would not sign it either. Instead we paid by credit card to ensure we could prove payment. Incidentally, at one point I said “surely you do not want us to stay when we are this unhappy” to which the receptionist replied they did want us to stay!!!! Clearly the money was more important to them than happy guests.

Their attempt to gain payment that was not due and the way they held us hostage by delaying our departure for over an hour were just plain scandalous.

We found an excellent hotel nearby (which I have reviewed, but whose name I cannot mention in a review of this hotel) where we thoroughly enjoyed the rest of our stay in Sardinia.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Watfordih
AgrihotelMorada, Direttore at AgriHotel Morada, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

I am Enzo, the manager from the AgriHotel Morada.
Usually when a manager responds to a negative review, he begins to make an apology to the customer and he tries to understand what the shortcomings in providing the service were. But this time I would not respond as described above. I decided to respond point by point on the statement of our guest who staid one night.

My mission and that of the staff is working with passion. Here in our hotel we work for the guest and we give them the feeling that they are more than welcome in our hotel. We offering professional service and we help the guest with all their wishes so that they have a pleasant stay in our hotel.
We are always honest to our guests and number one is that the guests are happy and we never leave things behind.

The air-conditioning of the rooms work perfectly and the guest can regulate the temperature in the room themselves. The rooms in the hotel are comfortable and have a lot of space to move around.
Not all the rooms have a balcony, but they always have two or three big windows so that you can see different landscapes (beautiful sea, mountain and country).The balconies are built to give the guest privacy and enjoying our beautiful view. We had a professional architect who designed this building and we are not chancing our beautiful balconies after this review. We are very happy with this unique building.

Our food is excellent. We are known for our authentic and variety of food that we offer. We get a lot of positive reviews on Tripadvisor and we received for two year on a row “certificate of excellence” and have a certificate from Tripadvisor because we are in the 10 % of hotels in the world who are getting the best feedback. We get a lot of guests who are not staying in the hotel, but who just come over to eat and taste our excellent food.
Breakfast is served on the tables and they can request everything and I mean everything that they want. We serve what they wish. Same thing goes for dinner and meals. The menus are very varied and based on meat and fish. We never repeat the same menu.

Let inform you about the check out. The gentlemen asked to check out after one night. At that moment I (manager of the hotel) was not there. But I was on my way back and wanted to talk with the guests about his reason to leave and wanted to know what wishes they had. So I asked the receptionist if they would please wait for me. I was not far away. The gentlemen called this “hold hostage” and did not want to wait. Our receptionist contacted the operator who supplied the contract for the stay and applied the rules for the payment of the first night.

Now I would like to inform you about the payment. In Italy you get a tax receipt when you pay in cash. That receipt is in Italy an official document. So you never have to worry about that. The gentlemen did not trust this official document and preferred the cash back. Instead he wanted to pay with credit card and preferred that official receipt.

We were very in shock about this review. I have 30 years of experience and I never had this complains before. I cannot believe that all this complains can be made after an eight hour experience. I regret it that you wanted to tell all the people on Tripadvisor all over the world about your experience and would not wanted to wait a few minutes so we can talk personally and professionally about this situation. As I said before we always want to provide the best service and would like to know what wishes our guest have. You never told us your wishes. I regret the way that you handled this situation. I never had this experience before and I never said this before to any guest, but I wanted to say that it is better that your will not come over to this hotel again and next time look for another hotel in this beautiful area.

Enzo

Reviewed 27 September 2012

I fell in love with this hotel as soon as we came round the corner and it came into view.
Beautiful looking and well decorated.
The room was enormous - The largest room I have ever stayed in.
Superb food. Superb staff.
There was a free buffet on the Saturday night with a band as entertainment.
TV and free WI-FI are included.
Spotlessly clean and the rooms are made up every day.
Only a couple of minor drawbacks - No fridge, tea, coffee etc in the room and you do need a car to go anywhere but other than that a great place to stay.
I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor, right at the end of the corridor on the right and it was HUGE.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple