Golfclub Schloss Teschow
US$255
US$173
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Schloss & Gut Ulrichshusen(Ulrichshusen)(Great Value!)
US$160
Hotel Reuterhof(Reuterstadt Stavenhagen)
  • Pool
Hotel Reutereiche(Reuterstadt Stavenhagen)
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We have stayed there for the second time for a golf weekend. It s pretty remote place in an old castle or mansion. The castle is pretty nice and the in house restaurant is really nice and woth the money. Rooms are very appealing. Personnel is nice but sometimes tricky to find. This time we stayed in the annex, the highlight of the room was a two person Steam shower/sauna, which unfortunately didn´t work. The second restaurant of the resort is located in an old barn with a nice country style atmosphere. Food was not outstanding and service was sort of ok but very friendly. The golf course was in pretty lousy conditions with bumpy greens and lots of leaves on the tem.

Room Tip: The rooms in the castle are far nicer.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2012

In summary, we attended a family wedding at this venue and stayed 2 nights in July. While it has a lot going for it, e.g. full leisure facilities including pool/sauna, we felt a certain sophistication was lacking, or at least for the price tag.

PROS
1. Room size - As mentioned in reviews below, the rooms are truly huge. Our room had two bedrooms, a large balcony and plenty of square footage - great closets! That said, inexplicably, there was no bathtub.
2. Pool/sauna - Pool has an indoor and outdoor space, along with a nice big sauna.
3. Grounds - Rooms have delightful views out on to the open countryside, and nearby lake. We took a few 20 minute strolls around in various directions.
4. Breakfast - This was a real highlight as there was a wide array of fruits, meats, cheeses, and best of all, museli ... I think I tried 7 different types! ;)

CONS
1. Dated furniture/carpets/etc - Given the star rating, one would expect slightly more up-to-date or high-end furnishings. Again, nothing wrong per say, but not exactly modern or cool.
2. Poor value - Given that it's in the middle of nowhere (and very difficult to get to from any normal train station), we felt the ~120 E/night price tag was pretty steep.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank agoodley
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We have stayed here for one night. We were on the rod back home. There is a hotel in the main building and separate apartments. We slept in a double apartment for 4 persons. It is a large room, bathroom and a comfortable kitchen.
The staf is friendly and helpful. There is also a golf course right next to the hotel.
All for a fair price, we paid Euro 102,- for the night in total.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2011

Decided to stay here as I was visiting a company in nearby Teterow. Despite the hotel being called a castle, I had quite low expectations and was quite surprised as I rolled up by the grandeur of the place. Once checked in I was informed that my room was not in the main castle rather in an annexe down the road. So I jumped back in the car to drive to this building. My room was very large, quiet and comfortable. Ideal for the 'wellness' breaks that Germans like to take. In particular the bathroom was so large, I could've had a party in there. Luckily the annexe building was next to the separate bar/restaurant belonging to the hotel - the 'Stuberl' so I popped over there for a drink and some seasonal Kurbissuppe. The staff were all very friendly. After a restful night's sleep I arose and drove down to breakfast at the main castle building which was totally A1-the highlight of my stay. The selection and quality of food was extensive and the dining room was presented well and one could enjoy views of the superb castle grounds whilst eating.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2009

I really, really enjoyed my stay! It's a really nice hotel with friendly and helpful staff. The wellness area is clean, spacy, and nice. Pool, sauna, theme baths, and relax area are free of charge when you use them. The fellow guests are enjoying a rather quiet stay, which makes it perfect for just relaxing.

I did not use the golf area, so I cannot really comment on that.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple