“Very nice hotel in a dull business zone” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Erb
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Parsdorf
Germany
“Very nice hotel in a dull business zone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

We needed a stopover hotel during our recent trip from northern Germany to Italy. Parsdorf is about halfway and very close to the autobahn. We got a very good rate for a family room (109€ for 2 adults and 2 children, including a very nice breakfast buffet) and were pleasantly surprised when we found ourselves upgraded to a generous 1 bedroom suite. The suite consisted of a living room with pullout sofa, one bedroom with a kingsize bed and another pullout sofa, a bathroom and a supersized balcony. Beds were comfortable and the rooms were very clean. As the suite is in the older part of the hotel, the furniture is slightly outdated but not to a degree that would have bothered us. One small point of complaint is the fact that the room did not have aircon and since it was very warm that day we left the windows open which made mosquitos come in.
The hotel is located in a (quiet) industrial zone, there doesn't seem to be much around. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant and it was excellent. The same applies for the breakfast buffet.

We would definitely stay there again, it is a friendly and convenient place. Parking is free.

Room Tip: The hotel has a new part with modern rooms and an old part with slightly outdated rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Villingen-Schwenningen, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

The Best Western Plus Hotel Erb is my absolute favorite hotel when I am going to Munich and don't need to be in the city center. It's quite far outside but next to the crossing of A99 and A94 so very convenient to get everywhere you want. It's also only a 10min drive to the tradeshow. I had room 282.

What I like
- Great location if you don't need to be in the center
- Not far away from the public transport system (Bus to the U-Bahn runs every 10mins)
- Great rooms
- Free internet
- Great breakfast (but a bit expensive)
- Great beer selection and delicious dinners
- Outside patio
- Trail outside the hotel
- Free drink when you book online
- Walk-in showers

What I don't like
- some of the staff is really unfriendly.
- My credit card was charged immediately after booking although that was unclear to me
- Parking is sometimes limited
- The beds are somewhat uncomfortable and not the newest anymore

All in all I absolutely can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

Just returned from a four day visit to Munich and a wonderful weekend with a friend watching our team Chelsea lift the Champions League Cup and with the added bonus of staying in this nice place about 20 minutes away from downtown set in lovely bavarian countryside. Arrived Friday night a day before match so it was very busy, a bit boisterous with a sing song or two in the bar area but all in good harmony and we found the staff very pleasant and it was good to enjoy a nice half liter of pils at a fairly decent price and no doubt with such a good result we had a few! Stayed in a Best Western before but in Spain, this was far better, room was very good, clean and laid out nicely, but the best thing we loved and obviousy as the weather was so good enjoying a real good hearty breakfast buffet and enjoying it outside in a lovely patio setting with plenty of seating for all and we found the girls on there so nice and sweet, We payed alot more for this long weekend because of the higher tariff due to a major event in Munich (Champions League Final) but we now sit back here in London and were so thankfull that we chose this place. If we play Bayern again were be back! Terrific stadium! Terrific Hotel!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Phildale
Sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

Have just returned from the Hotel Erb after a weekend away with a large group of friends. Whilst the hotel is on the outskirts of Munich, taxis were readily available, with the railway station a short ride away in the hotels shuttle bus.
Hotel is very clean with spacious rooms and a good, powerful walk in shower. Breakfast is plentiful and worth having. The weather for our visit was very warm, and having breakfast on the well maintained patio, was a great way of starting the day. Food fresh and well cooked.
Staff in the hotel could not have helped us more. Booking in 23 people went very smoothly, and reception staff were always on hand to help with questions and to order taxis. Great little bar which is reasonably priced.
Close to the city, Munich airport and the Allianz Arena, home to 2012 Champions League Runners Up, Bayern Munich!!
Xenia and her staff should be proud of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2011

I booked this hotel online as part of my plan to visit a trade fair at the Exhibition Centre about 10 Km away. They sent sent me an email confirmation that showed the 'address' of the hotel on the first page. Onleaving the exhibition I showed this to the taxi driver who duly took me there. As the taxi disappeared into the distance I dicovered that the address was actually an annexe to the main hotel, all locked up and dark except for a smudgy map which vaguely suggested the hotel was in somewhere else, distance unspecified. I eventually found the main hotel, but only after an unpleasant interlude of feeling very stranded!

What annoyed me was that when I wrote to the hotel about my experience, instead of agreeing that perhaps they should make their confirmation details a little clearer, they replied that the central address is given on the second page, so it wasn't their problem. And it is, so of course they are technically correct. But it's buried in the detail, not displayed prominently like the annexe address. I didn't get myself stranded on purpose! They also say the hotel is about 200 m from the annexe. It isn't - it's nearer a kilometre.

Apart from that, I have to say the hotel was ok. The staff were friendly, the restaurant was good and the pricing was reasonable. I may even use it again next year now I know where it is.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the main hotel, not the annexe
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Nigel C
Wiesbaden, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

I travel for Business throughout Europe, staying on average 175 nights a year in hotels and most often travel by car. I chose this 4-Star hotel because when I booked their web-site stated that they have 2 restaurants open till either 11:30PM and/or 02:00AM where food is available and it is nearby to the location I had to attend the next morning. I don't get down the Bavaria that often and lately I have been eating fast food on these trips due to traffic and time, so I was really looking forward to good Dinner.
I arrived at exactly 10:30PM and at the Reception at 10:32PM where I was informed the restaurants just closed, the hotel web-site info was incorrect and there's no way it's staying open. The hotel is located no where near a McDonald's and the woman at the reception offered to put a frozen pizza in the microwave which was Mistake 2 while I was in the toilet, every hour the next day. Mistake 3 was that I wasn't staying in the 4-Star hotel as a result of over-booking but at the 3-Star down the road. The room was okay, clean, cheaper, but they had the trash bins under my window and at 05:00AM I was awakened by the garbage truck collecting the trash, Mistake 4. Mistake 5 was the wake up call I asked for at 07:00AM which came at 07:45AM. At 08:05 when I should have been at my client, I was standing in front of a different young woman at the reception with wet hair, disheveled and stressed out, (I had to again drive to the 4-Star hotel to check out). When I asked her where my wake-up call was, she replied "I was alone and busy", and that was it, with no sorry, apology or excuse me, Mistake 6. She said that she will not charge for the Breakfast that I did not have time to eat and when I asked for a free frozen pizza, she said no. I told her about the web-site, what the other woman said and she replied saying that at first, I read it wrong and then did not believe me. I then started to take out my smart phone to show her the web-site when she cut me off saying "I do not have time and there are other people behind you waiting to check out. I will look at it later and will get back to you". I am still waiting for her message, Mistake 7.
I am an easy-going, professional businessman who just wanted a Schnitzel, 4-Star room and a Wake-up call as promised. In return I was late, looked like a wet, half-dead fish and was treated like a fool. Never, ever this hotel again. It was a real sham.

Room Tip: Drop your drawers and bend over
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
8 Thank Finnley
US
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2007

While on vacation in Germany we wanted a hotel on the outskirts of Munich to make visiting the city and getting to the airport easy-- and this fit the bill. Since the hotel is in a small town it has free parking and remains relatively quiet with the windows open (no A/C.) The staff was friendly and internet access was available for a small fee. The remoteness of the hotel allowed us to have the bar and the breakfast buffet to ourselves which was nice, though the overall quietness was a bit erie. All in all, a clean, quiet, comfortable hotel--would recommend it to those with a car who don't want to stay in Munich.

• Liked — convenience with a vehicle
  • Disliked — most drive to Munich
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parsdorf
Bader Hotel
Hotel Dependance Erb
Hotel Dependance Erb
#298 of 381 in Munich
Sofitel Munich Bayerpost

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Erb? Share your experiences!