“Fantastico!!”
other traveller has booked this property

Review of Il Vigneto Cottage

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Dave S
“Fantastico!!”
Reviewed 5 weeks ago for a stay in September 2018

My girlfriend and I were looking for a quite peaceful retreat but with in easy reach of places to visit. I had been raving how wonderful Italy is to my girlfriend for months. About its charm its food, the friendly hospital people stunning views and of course the excellent food and wine. I was therefore a little apprehensive when we booked this charming little villa. Would it live up to the hype!!!

I needn't of worried. What a fantastic little place. Just slightly off the beaten track it sits in its own grounds with stunning views across the near by vineyards and out towards the Adriatic coast. Within walking distance is the absolutely amazing town of Bertinoro. A picturesque town with plenty of taverns and restaurants to while away riposo. The views from hear are amazing. We were lucky enough to visit during their the festivel of hospitality. The town came alive with music and food being served along the streets from windows and stalls it was an unforgettable event which we enjoyed with a glass of the local vino.......or two.

We hired a car, which I feel is essential. With the car the whole surrounding area becomes accessible. .Cesena, Ravena, Rimmini, San Marino are close by and easy driving distances away, as is Bologna and if you don't mind a bit more of a drive so Florence and Venice. If you are going to take the drive to Florence, and you like to drive, I highly recommend that you don't take the main route along the E45 towards Bologna but take the route through the mountains and hills. What an incredible driving experiance!! You pass through some beautiful towns and villages along the way and the drive itself is unforgettable.

The cottage itself is comfortable clean and has everything you might need for your stay. Apart from a washing machine. But who wants to do laundry on holiday!!

A special mention must be made about the owner Stefano and our local contact Maurizio.

Stefano was attentive and helpful from the very moment we booked our stay. He was there if we needed advice and nothing was too much trouble. Even on the Sunday when I managed to lock us out of the cottage and a locksmith had to be called!

Maurizio was friendly and charming when we first arrived. He showed us around and gave us some very good advice about the best beach resorts to visit. We didn't have to call on him much but he was there if we needed him and I can't thank him enough for sorting out an iron and ironing board for us. This made my girlfriend very happy and to him I am eternally grateful.

All in all this wonderful cottage, situated in the perfect position, and hosted by the most charming people did more than live up to my Italian dream. It has lit a desire for Italy in my girlfriend and the only problem we have is how quick can we get back!

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing