“possibly the best meal that I have ever had!”

Clevery Mill Restaurant & Guest House
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Clevery Mill Sligo offers a truly unique dining experience. Originally a working mill, it has now been converted to an award winning family run restaurant and guesthouse.Situated in the small Sligo village of Castlebaldwin we attract visitors from all over the world who come to savour our fine cuisine, superb wines and four star accommodation. This is all set within our beautiful gardens, which boast a small river and mill wheel.
Munich, Germany
“possibly the best meal that I have ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Myself and my girlfriend stayed here not long ago for our anniversary, And im so happy we chose Clevery. I cannot recommend Clevery highly enough. We had an exceptional time here with their multi-course menu which was all delivered with warm hospitality, friendliness and charm. From start to finish we were wowed with the full-flavoured delicious food and drink. The atmosphere, the service and the food were all Devine... It's like a little gem hidden away...

• Visited February 2014

Northern Ireland
“great restoration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night in this gorgeous sympathetic restoration. Staff are pleasant and couldn't be more helpful. The restaurant served excellent food and the early bird was excellent value. Would definitely recommend!!!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank EilNorthernIreland
New York City, New York
“Catering excellence in Sligo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Wanted to do something last minute to celebrate my Mom's 80th and Clevery Catering was there to make it happen. We had a delicious dinner, salmon, beef, bacon and cabbage brought to our home. What a feast! Niall make it happen. I didn't have to worry about a thing and the best thing was ... there was no washing up! The next night we had a delicious cocktail party with great buffet items. The hit of the night had to be the Strawberry Cheesecake served in a little shot glass. Scrumptious!! This is the way to go. When I am back in the area again I am going to do repeat! Thanks Niall and Lee.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Pauline Q
Aclare, Ireland
“Overnight Stay Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Myself and my husband stayed in Clevery Mill last October while attending a wedding in a nearby hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was "rustic" ,clean, warm but would have liked more bath towels.... but we managed. Breakfast was served the next morning in a room full of character. The food was lovely, hot and served promptly..... Would highly recommend this Guesthouse as we have often eaten in the restaurant and have been thoroughly satisfied..

• Visited October 2013
Sligo
“Big disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

We visited this restaurant recently for our 1st wedding anniversary , it was our first time & we had heard such great things about it. On arrival the atmosphere is that of a very nice building with a lovely open fire nice seating area. We stood at the greet desk for 10 minutes nobody came to speak with us, my husband had to go in search of a member of staff, we then took a seat in the Bar and ordered our food. Half an hour later we were shown to our table in the restaurant which I must say is a very nice room and from there everything except my husbands soup was a disaster. Without writing an essay re our experience the only thing I can say was it was... Cold, Tasteless, the portion sizes of both our dinners were half portions, my ham was fatty & my turkey looked like it had been served previous and reheated, we asked for a portion of vegetables which never arrived, and the pudding was like rubber..... There were 2 staff members serving 16 people including us , the time between courses was at least half an hour ... I don't think I need to say more, I'm not sure if there was a chef problem that night but what I do know is I would be ashamed to serve a meal of this standard in my home never mind in a restaurant .... Really disappointed...

• Visited December 2013