“Go for the spa and the setting”

and 1 more site!
Cromleach Lodge Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Castlebaldwin
Naas, Ireland
“Go for the spa and the setting”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed here for two nights as a solo traveller looking for a digital detox so I switched off my mobile phone and checked no emails! The location is stunning, though quite far off the main road. The site itself is sloping and there is very little garden - it looks like a B&B that, like Topsy, just grew and grew, and the architectural cohesion is limited.
My welcome was very warm, and my spacious (deluxe) room was close to reception (other reviewers have mentioned being a long way from the central areas, and I can understand how this could happen). The room was very clean, with fantastic view over Lough Arrow. Lyric FM (classical) was playing on the clock radio which was a nice touch).
Some of the furniture in the room was showing signs of wear, and I would have liked to have seen some artwork/photographs/prints on the walls, but this is just a personal thing.
The first night I had bar food: very tasty, but limited options. Friendly service from the bar man in the beautiful lounge overlooking the lake.
Breakfast the next morning was good without being exceptional.
I had some spa treatments in the Ciunas Spa which were wonderful.
Dinner on the second night was absolutely delicious and as a solo diner I was put very much at my ease.
On the morning of my departure I did the easy Labby walk (though got a bit lost in the forestry) and had a quick lunch in the bar before departure - the same three options were offered as on the first night. I overheard other guests asking for relatively simple snacks such as BLT or open chicken sandwiches, and the response was always that the only offering was what was on the menu.
Overall, I felt it was a perfect spot for a one or two-night break, especially if you are a keen walker/hiker or want a very relaxing spa experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near to reception - otherwise there are a lot of stairs/long walks
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank MarMar45

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
County Mayo, Ireland
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Didn't actually stay in the hotel but visited the spa on one of their deals for €35. Access to thermal suite (which has a gorgeous outdoor tub, steam room and sauna. I found the steam room too warm but the sauna was fab), 20 minute treatment and a spa lunch. For the price, it was a fantastic deal. The spa is beautiful, staff are very welcoming but also attentive. They don't rush you in or out. I'll definitely be returning but next time I'm gonna make sure I have dinner there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank toomanymuffins
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We were going to a funeral locally and booked last minute. It was a great surprise driving up to the Lodge. Beautiful location & fab scenery. Reception staff were so friendly and even walked us to our room. Room was lovely & bright. Breakfast was served in a beautiful dining room & the food was lovely. Great wee gem hidden out of the way.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Marian S
Dromahair, Ireland
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We recently stayed in Cromleach Lodge on a 'Dine & Stay' offer with an additional spa package. This was our fourth time to visit, but hadn't been there for some years.

The service was superb from the moment we arrived. All the staff were extremely friendly and attentive.

As usual, the crowing glory is the food. The spa lunch was lovely but the evening meal was just divine.

We will be visiting again, and hopefully it won't be too long.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brian K
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We revisited cromleach for our first anniversary on July 4th. We had a most relaxing and hospitable stay after being so well looked after last year. Throughout the year we have been to many Michelin and five star restaurants and I have to say the most superior food was in cromleach. The service has a discreet touch of finesse. They really are on top of their game and I could not recommend it more

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sarah C
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Myself and my husband had a fab one night get away in Cromleach. The area itself is beautiful and the lodge offers stunning views. We both had massages in the spa and our therapist was fantastic. The thermal area is lovely with an outdoor hot tub. We had lunch in the spa and were given the most tasty biscuits with our herbal tea........I'm dying to get the recipe!

Dinner was just perfect. I couldn't fault the food or the lovely staff.

Our room was a lake view room in the Willow block. We had stunning views from our balcony.

Check in/out was very quick. Definitely visit Cromleach. You won't be disappointed. We will be back

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank IbizaGal
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed here with my boyfriend for a night away and left feeling really relaxed. The hotel is out of the way and the views are spectacular,
Check in was easy, pleasant and quick.
We found the deal online so we had a standard enough room with no views but it was clean and the bed was comfy and a good size. The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean.
The spa was small but beautifully decorated and again spotless clean. The lady at reception was helpful, welcoming and immediately made the spa experience relaxing exactly what we were looking for. The views from the outdoor hot tub were fantastic, as you're on a hill, the views stretch for forever and you can see the charming Arrowrock lake,
We had dinner in the restaurant and the food was lovely, we had the duck and lamb and both arrived to the table hot and brilliantly presented. There was a good wine list with a good price range. Best of all, we could take our time as the staff were pleasant but unobtrusive.
Breakfast was nice, standard by a four star hotel but everything was hot and tasty.
No complaints here and the staff were a real plus for us.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view if the budget will stretch, worth it
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank helenmn84
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castlebaldwin
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo
#4 of 8 in Sligo
Clayton Hotel Sligo
Clayton Hotel Sligo
#6 of 8 in Sligo

Been to Cromleach Lodge Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!