I stayed here for two nights as a solo traveller looking for a digital detox so I switched off my mobile phone and checked no emails! The location is stunning, though quite far off the main road. The site itself is sloping and there is very little garden - it looks like a B&B that, like Topsy, just grew and grew, and the architectural cohesion is limited.
My welcome was very warm, and my spacious (deluxe) room was close to reception (other reviewers have mentioned being a long way from the central areas, and I can understand how this could happen). The room was very clean, with fantastic view over Lough Arrow. Lyric FM (classical) was playing on the clock radio which was a nice touch).
Some of the furniture in the room was showing signs of wear, and I would have liked to have seen some artwork/photographs/prints on the walls, but this is just a personal thing.
The first night I had bar food: very tasty, but limited options. Friendly service from the bar man in the beautiful lounge overlooking the lake.
Breakfast the next morning was good without being exceptional.
I had some spa treatments in the Ciunas Spa which were wonderful.
Dinner on the second night was absolutely delicious and as a solo diner I was put very much at my ease.
On the morning of my departure I did the easy Labby walk (though got a bit lost in the forestry) and had a quick lunch in the bar before departure - the same three options were offered as on the first night. I overheard other guests asking for relatively simple snacks such as BLT or open chicken sandwiches, and the response was always that the only offering was what was on the menu.
Overall, I felt it was a perfect spot for a one or two-night break, especially if you are a keen walker/hiker or want a very relaxing spa experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cromleach Lodge 4* Country House Hotel & Ciunas Spa Sligo is situated in the beautiful North West of Ireland. They have been welcoming guests for more than 30 years. Set in the scenic hills overlooking Lough Arrow, this 4* Luxury Sligo Hotel borders neighbouring counties Roscommon & Leitrim. Guests staying here can enjoy the breathtaking views of the Bricklieve Mountains, Carrowkeel Tombs & not to forget Lough Arrow. This Modern Irish Country House Hotel, is justly famed for its fine cuisine, splendid accommodation and genuine Irish hospitality. Moira's Restaurant, the A la Carte Fine Dining Restaurant in Cromleach Lodge, offers very fine food from mainly locally sourced produce cooked to perfection. In the words of the Georgina Campbell Guide 2009: "Everything from the first little amuse-bouche to the last petit four with coffee is a treat - and, as in all aspects of this exceptional place, service is flawless." This Sligo Hotel boasts two bars, the luxurious De Danann Lounge and the ultra smart Nuada's Brunch Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Cromleach Lodge Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cromleach Lodge Country House Hotel & Ciunas Castlebaldwin
- Cromleach Lodge Country House Hotel And Ciunas Spa
- Cromleach Hotel Country 4 Ciunas