All reviewsthe ownerharbourbalconyamenitiesbookssummer
Reviewed 31 August 2015 via mobile

First of all I need to say that I have try to read other reviews because I didn't want to do this hoping that we just had a bad experience...but I need to say the truth! I totally agree with the last review before mine... The place is nice, the town looks almost magic and pretty. I suggest to visit it! But about this owner omg! We came inside tired and we needed a room but we found a really strange owner! Full of himself showing video after video of people talking about him! It didn't had any end....then it came the book with all the old comments left (very old) and he made us read so many of them.... We were going crazy! He tried to explain us why we should have stay there more days because there was a lot to see... Well when he understood that we went to have breakfast in another place (not his) the morning after and also dinner well the morning of the departure he didn't even say goodby! He wanted just cash no cards at all! He was nice until he understood that we wouldn't not give him more money than the room cost!
But The girl(daughter)is so cute and nice...she was very polite.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Deni G
Reviewed 16 July 2015

First the room - not bad, lovely sea views, very clean but with a terrible inexplicable damp smell, only one long pillow and really quite small. Definitely overpriced at €70. On arrival the owner gave us keys to look at 2 rooms - one very very small at €50 and this one - one of the oldest tricks in the book!! After a long drive to get there you don't always realize what is happening and we chose the more expensive one without thinking about alternatives.
But the worst thing about this place is the owner. He did nothing but tell us how wonderful he is and how many glowing reviews he's had, all the awards he's received, the guide books he's in - it was like being held hostage and having to listen to someone who is totally full of themself. This guy is up his own ****.
My partner misplaced his ID card and thought that maybe the owner still had it after registering. Instead of showing concern the owner just said he had returned it, saying "look, you signed this form so this shows I gave it back to you. And what's your address?" He wasn't the least bit sympathetic but was totally indifferent. We went to the room to look for it, and thankfully found it, but when we went back down to reception, he had left!!
He also said we should eat in his cafe!! How kind of him!! OnBooking.com it says there's free wifi and bicycles - who knows? - we were told nothing about this.
There are alternatives in Laxe - try them. I will the next time cos I hope there is a next time - Laxe and the whole area is beautiful.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joan175
Reviewed 1 July 2015

If you are ever passing through the beautiful village of Laxe, Hostal Bahia is a must stay!! Manolo, owner , is incredibly friendly and will tend to your needs. Professionally run, very clean and most certainly the best views of Laxe!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2014 via mobile

The best hostel you can stay in!!!customer service excellent, beds comfortable, views excellent food great! Manolo the owner is super friendly and extremely helpful.. If your an explorer like us he knows all the best sites to go to like Soesto beach, Traba, Celtic village and much much more... We enjoyed our stay here so much we have booked for summer 2015.

Stayed: December 2014
Reviewed 3 November 2014 via mobile

Manola went out of his way to make my 2 day stay after walking the Portuguese Camino and then Coasta da Morte a great end to my Galician adventure. He took me on a personal tour, made me welcome and organised transfers back to Santiago. Thanks Manola.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo