The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
The Danna Langkawi(Pantai Kok)
View Hotel
The Smith House Langkawi(Padang Mat Sirat)
2,588 results
All reviewscoral nurseryjala restauranttepian lautdatai baynorth wingflying lemurspool access roombeach barexecutive poolfish restaurantfish feedingmonitor lizardsbeautiful beachmorning and eveningrainforest walksrainforest roommain restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Currently spending three nights here at The Andaman and have some comments. The service is impeccable, with the staff speaking perfect English and very polite.

However, the room I am in is run-down, aircon n the hot water system does not work well. Room door was faulty and does not lock automatically, which is VERY inconvenient. Building is generally old and requires much maintenance.

That aside, we went for the morning rainforest walk today and the guide was great, with knowledge unparalleled. The beach is clean with pristine waters, suitable for families.

Room Tip: Wait for upgrades before visiting this hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chelseamiu
AnneEScott, General Manager at The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Chelseamiu,

Thank you for choosing The Andaman for your stay on Langkawi…and for taking the time to post this review on Trip Advisor. I am happy to know that our staff took good care of you. Thank you for your very kind comments on our service.

I was sorry to read your comments regarding the room. I do apologise for issue regarding air-conditioning and the door lock – I can imagine this latter point would be a source of much frustration.
I acknowledge your remarks about the need for updating of our resort. As you discovered, our resort has completed a renovation on all our Seaview rooms – as well as the creation of Jacuzzi Studio Suites and Plunge Pool suites of the ground floor of the north wing. In the last 12 months, we have also built a new Beach Bar and a new Seafood restaurant “Jala”, next to the beach…and we just replaced the wooden deck at Tepian Laut. I feel positive about the plans that we have in place for upgrading and renovating the physical aspects of the resort and our guest rooms. Our team on property are committed to driving this plan forward – as well as managing it carefully and positively so that guests still enjoy a comfortable and relaxing stay with us - and I also acknowledge that we need to get there faster!
Kudos for you for getting up for our Rainforest Awakening Walk – it’s my favourite guest activity. I do think that the nature team does a super job at being educational, engaging and amusing.

Thank you for your generous comment about our award winning beach – and I would certainly agree with you! National Geographic recognized that Datai Bay is the 9th best beach in the world… I know that I am biased, but I do agree! This side of the island is relatively un-populated and thus our water stays clean and clear – and our beach stays quiet and undisturbed…definitely is a great spot to enjoy a tranquil holiday.

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us… we look forward to taking care of you again !

Warm regards, Anne

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I've been in the andaman for a week, beautiful, amazing and really luxury hotel! a bit far from the airport and the city of Langkawi but no problem as you rent car from the airport with so cheap rate because Langkawi is duty free area... I was really sad when I checked out and left this beautiful island...

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Misma87

Dear Mohanad87,

Oooo we do love romance! Thank you for choosing The Andaman and celebrate this most special occasion with us – just wonderful! Thank you very much for these kind and generous remarks – and for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am glad to know that you enjoyed the stay at The Andaman!

Thank you for your kind comments on our resort setting and location. Indeed, The Andaman is located in a little corner of Langkawi Island, further away from the main touristic areas. I do agree with you about hiring a car to explore this island… and as you may have discovered, you can hire a car from our resort quite spontaneously. The roads on Langkawi are well made and it is almost impossible to get lost.
Once again, thank you for your review on Trip Advisor…much appreciated! My team and I look forward to taking care you again at The Andaman.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed at this beautiful resort for 8 days... The staff cannot do enough for you... Gorgeous beach ...plenty of quiet areas to read and relax.. Most relaxing holiday I have had for a long time. Breakfast was able to be enjoyed at your leisure.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kjbutts

Dear Kjbutts,

You are very kind indeed. Thank you so much for choosing The Andaman for your recent stay to Langkawi…and taking the time to write and post this wonderful review on Trip Advisor. I’m delighted to know that you and your family enjoyed the stay with us.

I am glad to know that our staff took good care of you during the stay – just as it should be! Thank you for your warm words about our breakfast at “The Restaurant”…I continue to get great comments from our guests regarding the variety choice of foods. We try to please all palates and preferences.

Thank you for your review toward our resort…I hope that you will visit us again at The Andaman. My team and I remain at your service.

With warm regards

Reviewed 5 December 2013

The rooms say they have a balcony, but max a skinny person can stand on it. Service and all the details do not match a luxery hotel. But the beach is very nice. If you complaint they are helpful. I would not come here again

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank 178jhu
AnneEScott, General Manager at The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear Jeannine H,
Thank you for choosing The Andaman for your stay on Langkawi…and for taking the time to post this review. It is never a pleasure to know that we disappointed a guest but I am always grateful for feedback so that we may learn and improve.
I do acknowledge your comment regarding the balcony on your room. It is correct that the Deluxe Rainforest and Deluxe Treetops rooms only have a standing balcony – sometimes also called a “Juliet” balcony. In response to guest comments, when we were renovating the Seaview rooms, we created a new balcony with space to sit outside and enjoy the view. As you may be aware the Garden Terrace and Pool Access rooms also enjoy outside terraces…as well as all of our Suites. I know that this news isn’t especially helpful for your recent stay…but I do hope that you might consider this information as well intended for future visits to Langkawi.
I am sorry to know that our service did not meet your expectation – I offer no excuses – we must simply do better.
Thank you for your compliment toward our coral sand beach. Datai Bay recognized as the 9th best beach in the world by National Geographic, I know that I am biased, but I do agree that it is one of the best beaches in Asia.
Once again, thank you for your review and for the candor of your comments. My team and I remain at your service.

With warm regards

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Having been to The Andaman twice before we wanted to try something new for the second week of our holiday (first week was to Cambodia to see the temples of Angkor Wat). The more we looked, the more we kept getting drawn back to the Andaman as we had been following their refurbishment on Facebook. So we thought why not.....and we weren't disappointed.

Wow the new rooms are STUNNING! We had an sea view room in the north wing which was FAB-U-LOUS with it's incredible view over the Datai Bay. We can totally see why it's listed in the top ten beaches of the world. The new full length windows allow you to lie in bed and gaze across the beach. They've completely changed the look and feel of the room whilst including favourite items such as a kettle, excellent coffee maker and iPod docking station. They also let us have a look as the new pool rooms which are beautiful with their own patio and pool.... Maybe next time!

The new beach bar and Jala Seafood Restaurant don't disappoint either and are a welcome addition to this wonderful hotel. However nothing quite topped the fact that a number of staff not only remembered us but that my boyfriend has a nut allergy. I still can't quite believe that Sri at the beach bar also remembered I like sparkling water with fresh lime!

The Andaman is the perfect place to relax and chill out. Miss Anne Scott and her team made our holiday even more special than we could have imagined - again....thank you.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are stunning as are the ones with their own pool
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AMPW4

Dear AMPW4,

Welcome back…! Thank you for choosing our resort for your return trip to Langkawi – and thank you very much for posting this lovely review on Trip Advisor.

Kudos for you for trying our brand new Luxury Seaview Rooms. These have was just refurbished and completed last month. I do agree with your comment about the new room styling with full length feature window – offers stunning views of Datai Bay and quite transforms the room. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the new room – thank you for your warm words of encouragement!
It is kind of you to compliment the new “Beach Bar” and our newest dining venue “Jala”. These new venues do have the most gorgeous location in our resort… and offer the very best views of the beach, especially sunset!
I am glad to know that our staff was attentive and took good care of you – just as it should be! Thank you for highlighting Sri – indeed it is not the first time that she has been mentioned in dispatches by our guests.
Please allow me to say once again how grateful I am for your wonderful feedback…I am delighted to know that we may welcome you again. I grinned when I read your comment on our brand new Executive Pool Suite for your next stay! My team and I remain at your service.
With kind regards,