The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort
Trip.com
Dash Resort(Langkawi)
US$122
  • Pool
The Danna Langkawi(Pantai Kok)
US$306
Hotels.com
US$23
US$18
Priceline
The Smith House Langkawi(Padang Mat Sirat)
US$67
US$65
2,625 results
All reviewscoral nurseryjala restauranttepian lautdatai baynorth wingflying lemurspool access roombeach barexecutive poolfish restaurantfish feedingmonitor lizardsbeautiful beachmorning and eveningrainforest walksrainforest roommain restaurant
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I went with my family and we booked 3 rooms. Unfortunately they didn't place all rooms together as originally requested however it was on the same floor so we made do. On the first night, when we went to dinner, we had mistakenly left doughnuts out in the open. They were covered by ants by the time we returned. We called room service to clean the room, when the boy arrived to clean, he wiped the walls to get rid off the ants and then shook the towel above the sofa bed which was then covered. At this point, we were too tired to do anything so just left it as it was until the morning.

Other than this, the stay was fine. The hotel is quite isolated which would be good if you needed peace and quiet. It had a very tranquil feel. The pool was large, clean and uncrowded. The beach was also the same, there was plenty of space at either place to get loungers.

The restaurants were ok, I would have preferred more choice as there is limited options nearby, however we did find the marina which had enough to make up for it.

The staff are very friendly and do try to help.

Overall, it wasn't a bad experience. I have stayed at the Westin previously and would rate that higher than the Andaman.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
AndamanLangkawi, Executive Assistant Manager at The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Sam555,
Thank you for choosing our resort for your stay on Langkawi and for taking the time to post the review…much appreciated.
I am sorry to read your feedback regarding our services efficiency and sad to know that our service did not meet your expectation level. Besides, I do acknowledge your review towards our food quality. Please accept my sincere apologies for not delivering expected services.
I am thrilled to know that you and your family enjoyed the stay with our resort location… it is surrounded by 10 million year old rainforest – and further away from the main touristic areas. Notwithstanding that, Datai Bay recognized as the 9th best beach in the world by National Geographic, I know that I am biased, but I do agree that it is one of the best beaches in Asia! If guests wish to have a tranquil, peaceful holiday close to nature …this is definitely a little paradise in Langkawi Island.
I believe that holidays are very precious – and I am sorry that we were a cause of disappointment on this occasion.
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us…much appreciated. I do hope that you may consider revisiting The Andaman again in the future. My team and I would very much like the opportunity to restore your faith in our resort again.
If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me adrian.stoppe@luxurycollection.com, my team and I remain at your service.
With kind regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We spent 4 nights at the Andaman for our honeymoon and we couldn't have been more satisfied. We arrived to a beautiful lobby and a very helpful concierge. We were offered complimentary drinks and showed promptly to our rooms personally by Christina who walked us to our room. The view from our room was absolutely stunning with the beach right there, really made our stay special. Breakfast was more than accommodating but my husband and I didn't like the Malay restaurant at the resort instead enjoying The Restaurant which was one of 3 restaurants available. They also have access to the Thai restaurant at the Datai resort right next to it which we absolutely loved and had very sweet, kind waiters. The resort was very clean and looked after especially the beach where there was an attendant constantly removing objects washed on the beach from the water which made it all very tidy. The concierge was very helpful in helping us organise activities to do while on the island which resulted in many amazing memories and pictures (highly recommend the Island Hopping and water sports at Pantai Cenang beach for amazing views and swims!) It's a very relaxing, quiet resort which was perfect for our honeymoon and which I highly recommend if you're reading this and want to book a hotel in Langkawi, pick the best hotel on the island: The Andaman.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sara A
AndamanLangkawi, Executive Assistant Manager at The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Sara A,
Congratulations!!! Thank you for choosing The Andaman and celebrating this special occasion with us – just wonderful! Thank you very much for this kind and generous remarks – and for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to know that you and your partner enjoyed The Andaman experience with us.
I am glad to know that you and your family enjoyed our resort location … surrounded by 10 million year old rainforest. I would certainly agree with you regarding our Datai Bay - recognized as the 9th best beach in the world by National Geographic, I know that I am biased, but I do agree that it is one of the best beaches in Asia! This side of the island is relatively un-populated and thus our water always stays clean and clear, quiet and undisturbed. Thank you for your warm review reading our effort on cleaning the beach area – much appreciated!
Please allow me to say once again how grateful I am towards your feedback… and it is kind of you to recommend our resort to other traveller through Trip Advisor, appreciated! My team and I look forward to taking care of you again at The Andaman

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My boyfriend & I spent 6 nights here and we were amazed at how beautiful the hotel is. Our holiday began with a bit of a nightmare (Air Asia lost my boyfriends luggage and we weren't sure if they were going to find it), however, the concierge put us both at ease by chasing air asia for us and thankfully they delivered the luggage later that night! The service and kindness of the front desk during this experience really showed us how professional this hotel was! Moreover, we booked so many tours (whilst continually changing our minds about which day to do what) and they couldn't do enough to accommodate us! We visited the restaurants Tepian Laut (delicious!) and Jala. Jala is just incredible, choosing your own fish for dinner, watching the sunset, feeling the sand beneath your feet - you cannot beat it! If you're looking to experience the rainforest and wildlife (like me) or to laze around on a beautiful beach (like my boyfriend), then you cannot choose a more idyllic hotel. I don't usually want to return to hotels as I like to always experience new places, however this is one that I definitely want to go back to!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Emma B,
Well, you certainly made my day! I am glad to know that you and your partner enjoyed the stay with us and glad to know that our staff was friendly and helpful – just as it should be!
Regarding our resort location, you are absolutely correct! We are set inside the 10 million year old rainforest on a coral sand beach and because so many of the trees and fauna were protected and maintained from the very start, the wildlife had no reason to move. Notwithstanding that, Datai Bay recognized as the 9th best beach in the world by National Geographic, I know that I am biased, but I do agree that it is one of the best beaches in Asia! This is definitely a little paradise in Langkawi Island.
I grinned when I know that you took time and visit our “Tepian Laut” and “Jala”… these venues do have the most gorgeous location in our resort – the very best views of the beach. We have had super guest comments regarding the quality of seafood at “Jala” and I do think that barefoot on the sand is a wonderful idea whilst enjoying your meal at the most gorgeous location right on the beach.
Please allow me to say once again how grateful I am towards your feedback… and I am thrilled to know that we may welcome you again at The Andaman. Next time, we hope that you will come for a longer stay! My team and I look forward to taking care of you again at The Andaman

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Firstly, I would like to say I absolutely loved the location of this hotel. Rainforest and beach all in one and so idyllic!!

Please see attached photos but the room was dated, some maintenance had been (very) sloppily done and we were disappointed with the shower that sprayed everywhere - definitely NOT a rainfall shower as advertised.

The staff were lovely and very helpful but the actual delivery of service was not what I would expect from a five star resort. I have stayed at 4 star resorts in Cuba and Egypt and there were very similar levels of service and room condition there.

Prior to Langkawi, we stayed at a boutique hotel in Penang (Campbell House) which was not 5 star but we felt looked after and spoiled so much more and with personal service of the highest degree. I understand it is difficult with a large resort but food should not be served cold, rooms should not be cleaned at 5-6pm and there should not be dirty marks all over bedrooms and bathrooms.

Maybe we stayed in the wrong wing (we were in North wing) but if that is so where is the choice and discount for poorer standard of room?

Looking forward to some street food, to be honest. Much nicer than the resort fayre.

Room Tip: Ask for NOT North Wing
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jimyuill

Dear Jimyuill,
Thank you for choosing our resort for your recent stay and thank you for your time to post this review on our Trip Advisor…much appreciated.
I am delighted to know that you and your partner enjoyed the stay with our resort location…surrounded by 10 million year old rainforest – and further away from the main touristic areas. Notwithstanding that, Datai Bay recognized as the 9th best beach in the world by National Geographic.
I am sorry to read your comments regarding the room you were assigned to… and your remarks about the need for updating our rooms and resort setting. Besides, I do acknowledge your remark regarding our service team and our housekeeping service efficiency. I do understand that if the environment did not meet your expectation level. It would be a frustration. My apologies – please rest assured that this point will definitely become a focus of our ongoing training initiatives. Thank you for sharing these detailed remarks.
With kind regards,

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We spent 14 nights at The Andaman and overall we had a lovely time. On the positives, the hotel is located in a wonderful area of Langkawi, surrounded by jungle and nature. You don't have to move from your sun lounger to see hornbills, Dusky Leaf monkeys, flying squirrels, hermit crabs and monitor lizards. The reef in the Datai Bay was destroyed by the tsunami and the hotel is involved in creating a new artificial reef. The coral nursery is the hotel's gem - here new coral is grown before being moved into the sea. You can take guided snorkels to look at the coral in the nursery and the staff at the nursery are great with kids, pointing out of my 6 year old the "Nemos", lobster and various other creatures along with touching a sea cucumber. She loved the coral planting too, as well as getting involved in the daily fish feeding. The beach is wonderful, the pool is pleasant and the staff are friendly.

On the downside, The Andaman is a 5 star hotel and yet on occasion struggles to deliver a 5 star service. Not enough house cleaning staff meant that when returning to our room at 4pm it was still uncleaned. One day there was only one member of staff in the kids club (normally there were 3). On raising these concerns with the hotel management they did address the issues promptly and did compensate us. Which is good. But what would have been really good would be not to have to complain in the first instance.

We found the food at the Japanese restaurant to be the best (but not the tepanyaki).

We hired a car from the hotel on a couple of occasions and drove around the island... from which experience I think that The Andaman is one of the best hotel's on Langkawi and certainly in a beautiful location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CatSibbit
AndamanLangkawi, Executive Assistant Manager at The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear CatSibbit,
Thank you for choosing our resort for your stay and thank you for posting this generous review on our Tip Advisor…much appreciated. I am delighted to know that you and your family enjoyed the stay with us and glad to know that our staff took good care of you.
Thank you for your warm review towards our resort…and you are absolutely correct! The Andaman is further away from the main touristic areas…and because so many of the trees and fauna were protected and maintained from the very start, the wildlife had no reason to move …and so we all (guests, monkeys, lemurs, hornbills et al) live in perfect peace together (most days!). We think that this combination of 10 million year old rainforest and coral sand beach is a little bit magical and certainly a little corner for this island.
It is kind of you for highlighting our coral program. This small fringing reef was badly damaged in the 2004 Tsunami – and our team runs a series of activities to help educate ourselves and our guests on this fragile eco-system. Every month during low tides, we do coral clearing to remove pieces of dead coral (which otherwise roll around and damage the growing coral), and we also do guided reef walks. We opened the Andaman Coral Nursery 2 years ago and – as well as a rich marine home – it also serves as a venue to grow baby corals to help populate the reef at our bay. We do encourage guest to participate in these activities.
I am sorry to read your comments regarding our housekeeping service…but I am glad to know that our staff solved the issue efficiently. Please accept my sincere apologies for not delivering expected services. My apologies – please rest assured that this point will definitely become a focus of our ongoing training initiatives. Thank you for sharing these detailed remarks.
Please allow me to say once again how grateful I am towards your feedback… especially about resort location. Thank you for recommending our resort to other traveller through Trip Advisor, appreciated! We look forward to taking care of you again.