“More of a mixture please”
Review of The Geall Gallery

The Geall Gallery
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Grosmont
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“More of a mixture please”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

A wonderful gallery to view local art in the past and we have been visiting here for a number of years . However this years trip was disappointing as in years gone by there has usually been more variation of art from local artists.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Patricia W

Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Lovely food and service. The staff were very friendly and the food on offer was freshly baked and of good quality. Spoilt for choice and ended up buying some to bring home

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Amanda N
Lancashire, United Kingdom
“Pleasant art gallery, with good quality, reasonably priced food on offer.”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We had been walking in the area, on a bleak, damp afternoon, and were in need of some refreshments, so we decided to give the cafe a try, and were very impressed. The cafe was lovely and warm, and the food on offer was wholesome and very reasonably priced. I only had a scone with jam and clotted cream, with tea. The scone was fresh, home made, and came with plenty of jam and cream, and the tea was good. The other members of my family also had cakes, and found them very enjoyable.

The art gallery is well worth a look, and has some fine art work for sale. Incidentally, we were able to see Chris Geall doing one of his pallette knife paintings in the back of the premises, from where we were eating. Very interesting.

• Visited January 2014
6 Thank Les F
W. Yorkshire, UK
“Fantastic fresh food.”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We often pop into the gallery for a coffee or lunch when we're visiting the NYM Railway, and since Jayne took it over it's been consistently good. I really like Chris Geall's oil paintings of Whitby and the surrounding area, also the views over the steam railway and the relaxed ambience of the gallery. It's counter service, but they bring the food out to you.

I visited while my husband was on a photography day with the railway as I knew I could get a good light lunch and read the paper without feeling rushed here. I decided to try a sandwich as I haven't had one there before, and was amazed when Jayne said I could have anything I liked from the sandwich menu! I chose hummus (pretty sure it was home made, it was gorgeous!) with olives, cucumber and avocado, on wholemeal bread. It came quite promptly and was absolutely lovely. There was a generous side salad and portion of crisps (tortilla chip type) with a really well-filled sandwich. It cost £4.95 and was worth every penny! I met a friend for a walk after lunch and she and her husband also agreed that it was great value and lovely food. They do great coffee too and amazing home made cakes.

• Visited October 2013
5 Thank Yorkslady
scunthorpe
“tea for two”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

we were on holiday in September in grosmont and the geall gallery tea rooms on the main street had been recommended .We went in for a cup of tea and found a very extensive menu, we settled for a sandwich but it was very fresh , plenty of filling, and the added side salad crisps,and coleslaw made it very satisfying consequently we visited a couple more times we would certainly recommend whether for a sandwich and a cuppa or a hot meal Very good value for money

• Visited September 2013