“Charming hotel excellent service”

Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Reichenbach
Hotel Reichenbacher Hof
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Reichenbach
Herzliya, Israel
“Charming hotel excellent service”
Reviewed 12 August 2010

We were on a business trip in a neighboring town and stayed at the Rad Hotel. It is excellently located in the middle of Tettnang, near public transport, shops, and supermarket. The room we got was large and immaculate. I must commend the owner/ hostess Sonya, and the staff were always available to provide excellent service, Sonya provided local and sightseeing information around the area and gave me all the useful information I needed to get around. The staff was very kind and helpful, and English speaking . We really enjoyed our stay here.
The bus to Friedrichshaffen, at the doorstep of the hotel, took about 20 minutes and runs every half hour. Lindau is also about 20 minutes away. There's ample parking at the entrance to the hotel, which made carrying our luggage in and out of the hotel a pleasure. Internet access is 5 E a day. We were also treated to a free outdoor concert the day we arrived in the square right next to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business

Couples
London
Reviewed 1 July 2010

All the Hotels were booked in Friedrichshafen so I stayed at this place instead. It is across the street from the bus stop so getting into central Friedrichshafen or the nearby airport is very easy and cheap. There are very few taxis but they can be called from the Hotel. The Hotel is very clean. The stall is helpful. Parking is free on site. The restaurant is passable but not gourmet. The rooms are spacious. The ambiance of the Hotel is very pleasant.
i got a rate of only 65 Euros for a single room- a real bargain!
The Chinese restaurant across the street is not very good, but is very cheap. Less then 5 Euros for a meal!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Junction City, Kansas
Reviewed 1 May 2009

I was stationed in Germany for 2 years and I've been to many cities and hotels.
The Hotel Rad (indeed all of Friedrichshafen and area!), even after all this time, still sticks out in my mind as the best example of German hospitality.
To give a quick background, I arrived in Friedrichshafen intending to see the Zeppelin Museum. Unfortunately, all the hotels in the whole city were booked. I was told to take a taxi to Tettnang and try the Hotel Rad.
My taxi driver took me to the hotel and went in with me to make sure I was able to get a room. He also offered to take me back to town free of charge. So I checked in as fast as I could, got my key and ran upstairs to my room. Well, I couldn't get the door open for some reason, so I ran back downstairs and told the lady at the front desk. She knew the taxi driver was waiting for me so she took my bags and assured me she'd deliver them to the room and get the door opened. Because of her I was able to get my free ride back into town.
Sounds like a small thing, but Germany in general is not a land of customer service.

As for the hotel itself, I had a room at the top of the hotel, so the ceiling was slanted. I remember how HUGE the room was. There were two beds in it--of course I only needed one.
Like every German hotel I've been to, the rooms and bathroom were immaculate.

The hotel is out of the way if you're going to see Friedrichshafen and the Lake, but there was a bus stop near the hotel and an excellent Oriental restaurant in the area. If I ever went back to this area, I would definitely make a point of staying at the Hotel Rad.

• Stayed July 2006, travelled solo