“A Little Gem”

Ranked #1 of 1 Schwedelbach B&B and Inns
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“A Little Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

I have stayed at Birnbaumhof several times and always found the rooms comfortable and spotless. The location is in a pleasant village with no parking problems. Octavia, the owner, is a star. Nothing is too much trouble and her breakfasts are excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Birnbaumhof, Inhaber at Birnbaumhof, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Dear Guest,

many times you have stayed at our hotel and you know us and our service very well now.
I am pleased that you have taken the time to write a review. Thank you very much for your very good review at TripAdvisor.
We look forward to welcome you again in our hotel and may spoil you.

Greetings

Octavia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Schagen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

I stay at Birnbaumhof regularly for work in the area, and like to think of it as a home away from home. The owners are very friendly and the place is spotless. After a good breakfast I am ready for the day's work.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Birnbaumhof, Inhaber at Birnbaumhof, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Dear guest,

thank you for your comment about your stay in our hotel.

I am very glad to read that you are not only comfortable but feel like at home. If that is so, then our desire and our intention has been fulfilled.

We look forward to welcoming you again as our guest and pamper of you soon.

Our best wishes

Octavia
Heidelberg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

I've been here quite a few times and the quality of the stay was great. The bedrooms and bathrooms were clean and well-made. Octavia was always nice and accommodating, even when I arrived late. Her breakfast was great too.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Birnbaumhof, Inhaber at Birnbaumhof, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Good evening, Chris.
We want to thank you in this way you ensure that we pray over several months and over again were pleased to welcome you as our guest. Thank you also for your comment on Tripadvisor. All the best for you and your family in your new home.
Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

The Birnbaumhof is a must for any traveler to the Rhineland Pfalz. Octavia is amazing, she's 100% energy! She is charming and comforting. Everything is immaculate...the rooms, the common areas, the breakfast room. I loved it so much I went out of my way to go back and stay!

Room Tip: Choose the 3rd floor apartment, if it's open
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Birnbaumhof, Inhaber at Birnbaumhof, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Hi Joe, thank you thank you so much for your super good comment about us on TripAdvisor and your recommendation. I'm thrilled that you've just felt comfortable with us and found everything to your satisfaction.
I thank you also very much for your continued stay. It was a great pleasure for us to once again welcoming you as a guest and can spoil.
Montclair, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

I have to say that what makes this place wonderful is Octavia--the owner! She is incredibly sweet and caring. She has such great positive and happy personality. She really strives to make sure you are comfortable in her hotel.

The rooms were very clean and well Equipped. We stayed in A1, I read the only 'bad' review of her hotel and I can say that there are now 'drink making devices' in the rooms. To make coffee or tea. As where the beds are concerned, I have stayed in SEVERAL European hotels from hostels to 5 star places and the beds are all the same, stiff and configured the same way. Don't expect your tempuredic or heavenly beds anywhere in Europe. May want to stay home if that is the expectation. ;-)

We missed the pleasure of the breakfast here, I wish we could have made it! As for location, if you are looking for German Country Side, you can't get much better! There are several quaint towns within minutes of the Birnbaumof. While we did not get to visit any local eateries in Schwedelback, in Weilerback the next town over we found several very good restaurants and bakeries! Again, if you are looking for good 'American' food, your not going to find it. But as for choices in the local German fair...there are plenty abound. There is a very cute castle within 15min of this hotel, as well as endless walking, biking, hiking to enjoy.

Again, if you are visiting to get the local feel of a foreign place, I can not recommend this place highly enough! You will not be disappointed. And it may not be the place for you if you are looking for lively, party, city life...try Berlin, Frankfurt, Munich or even Paris! But for the country feel, or to be near tons of Castles it doesn't get any better!

I hope you go and enjoy all that it has to offer!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

Thanks to Octavia and the gang at Birnbaumhof for making my stay an exceptionally pleasant one! Specifically, fruhstuck war geschmect. My room was spacious with all the amenities: plates, glasses, utensils, cooking supplies. Just outside the hotel are trails which can be used for biking, walking, running..even rollerblading. I hated leaving...but I will be back. Soon!!

Room Tip: My room, 2-room+ apartment, must be chosen!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012 via mobile

Wonderful and friendly experience when visiting Rheinland Pfalz for business or pleasure. Perfectly quiet, short drive to Ramstein Air Base. You can immerse yourself in the quintessential rural German experience. Double rooms are plenty big with table and chairs. Very clean and well appointed. Breakfast is standard German fare but your hostess Octavia will cook you anything you want She is wonderful and genuine. Really enjoys meeting and talking with guests but is not overbearing. My yardstick for good German pensions is how many Germans are there...and Birnbaumhof (pear tree house) was full of locals which tells me that its reputation meets the demanding needs of Germans themselves. Try this little place. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schwedelbach
Hotel Garni Rodenbach
#2 of 21 in Kaiserslautern
Hotel Europa Ramstein
Hotel Europa Ramstein
#3 of 8 in Ramstein-Miesenbach

Been to Birnbaumhof? Share your experiences!