“Gazebo Party!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Recently had my husband’s birthday here and what a great day/night it was.

We had reserved a gazebo outside so we could have friend come and go as they pleased.

We arrived and it was raining so we went straight in to the bar bought some drinks and were then shown to our area.

I love this place due to the extra little personal touches that make it stand out - earlier that day a polite gentleman called asking if we still wanted to hold our gathering outside due to the poor weather conditions and asked if we would prefer a table inside, due to the nature of our party we remained outside.

We loved the gazebo as did all out guest, they couldn’t believe what a great venue we had chosen -even with the weather we still had a great time with music and heating!

We have eaten here a number of times and love the food and the choice, for many of our guests it was there first time and they all loved it as much as we do.

We will definitely be back to use the gazebos and main restaurant again for another occasion.

Thanks very much for a brilliant birthday!

LandLEdwards, Owner at The Carpenters Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Thank you for your review and your kind words. We are really pleased you enjoyed using our Gazebo's and thank you for choosing us to celebrate your birthday.

We are very pleased and proud to announce we have been entered into the best local community pub this year with the Essex Life Magazine, all your kind words and support mean the world to us, thank you from all the team

We hope to see you again soon, why not join us for Christmas, we are now taking bookings for our Christmas Fayre and Christmas Day menu’s

Reviewed 16 July 2014

After a friend and her partner went here and recommended it I thought I would try with family.

I went on a Sunday lunch time around 1.00pm with family - the roast dinner we felt was rather large and the vegetables were the unusual type i.e. butternut squash of which most people don't eat including myself. Didn't get much meat, more vegetables than anything else. I had the posh chicken & chips of which I had more meat than the roast!

The restaurant is very nicely decorated, however, having the cutlery in a bowl on the table I don't think is hygenic as people could touch all items in there and you don't know what germs you could get.

The service was good until a big party and few other parties came in, then I don't think they had enough staff to cover the big party.

I don't think I would visit there again in a hurry.

Thank you for your review.

As you can see we have many complements for our Sunday Roast dinners,

We do serve large portions and we do try and be different with our vegetables, we use fresh produce and work with seasonality,

I am sorry we didn't meet your expectations

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Lovely Pub Restaurant. Went with friends for my birthday. Where to start - staff attentive, polite, courteous even though young in age! Setting inside - welcoming and friendly, Outside has a Mediterranean feel with the rattan soft cushion chairs and the gazebos with table, chairs, piped music!! :-) and heating!! They really have thought of everything to make you feel you are in an enjoyable and relaxing setting. I can honestly say that I have only experienced this kind of atmosphere while on holiday abroad. Food - we were a party of 8. No one in our party had any complaints about any of the dishes we chose and were served. The food was delicious. The choices on the menu were good too. The bar man - Dec did a great job. The drinks all chilled where needed and was able to suggest wines to try. The waiter and waitress that served our table were also great, ensuring we were treated well, looked after and happy! We were really looked after. We can only say that if you visit; which I would definitely recommend, that I hope your experience will be as enjoyable as ours!!! :-). :-)

Thank you for your review and your kind words. All feedback received is passed on to our team and we will ensure your review is passed onto Declan,

The Gazebo's are new this year and we are very pleased to hear we have got it right (we too think it is a great area!!)

Reviewed 12 July 2014

What a great night. The food was very good and the service was too. Declan behind the bar ensured the evening was suitablely wet and Ben was equaly attentive with our food order. Both standout employees

1  Thank kevin5331

Thank you for your review and your kind words. All feedback received is passed on to our team, especially Ben and Declan who do a great job!

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Second visit in days, what more can I say. We Had burgers on Saturday and Sunday lunch today. There is nothing I can say say bad about this plenty but there's plenty of good stuff. The food is top quality the staff were very attentive the bar is fab, a traditional pub serving great food in a wonderful setting. well worth a visit. ps the stick toffee pudding is amazing.

1  Thank Michael O

Thank you for your review and your kind words and visiting us twice in one week, we must be doing something right!! All feedback received is passed on to our team,

All our food is fresh and seasonal, We use as many local suppliers as possible and all our meat is supplied to us from La Vallee Farm just a few miles down the road from us.