My brother and I spent over a week at the Cairns Beach Resort in May 2003 and were pretty pleased. My brother was backpacking across Australia for a year, and I went for 16 days to meet up with him, and see Sydney and Cairns, while doing some diving, rafting etc. We'd never been to Cairns, so had no idea how the town was situated, and where the hotel was in comparison. I'm not a hostel user, so needed something in Cairns that was at least comparable to my living conditions.
As far as the hotel itself, we were very pleased. I found it to be highly affordable (about $60 USD a night, if I recall), and for that we got a spotless 1BR unit. The unit's bedroom had 2 single beds, there was a full bath, full washer and dryer, a decently-equipped kitchen, and a nice living room with a pullout sofa, and smallish TV, and a dining area. Balcony was very nice and we ate breakfast out there daily, enjoying the awesome weather. The hotel has a nice pool, and the staff were quite friendly. Holloway's Beach kind of sucked since it was netted off, and the water was shallow and rather murky. I was less than pleased with this since I really wanted some beach time.
As far as location, you are not in Cairns. We took the city bus back and forth daily, which was very cheap. Its about 20 minutes or so. If you are stuck with a cab, the cost isnt astronomical, but it will add up. Since the immediate hotel area lacked a decent grocery store (there are a couple of restaurants nearby), we did grocery shopping in town and brought back stuff on the bus, and BBQ'd steaks a few times out by the pool. This was a very nice feature!
Overall, its a very nice hotel, but the location doesnt offer much. If you want to be away from the city a bit, and have some great relaxation, it fits the bill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront location - Cairns Beach Resort is minutes north of Cairns City and next to the beach and warm tropical waters. Indulge in the simplicity of a truly relaxed lifestyle. Our four star resort offers everything to create a home away from home on the beach. The resort’s tropical gardens offer you peace and tranquility to read and relax, or to float in the saltwater resort style pool. Simple pleasures - pure relaxation… think Cairns Beach Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Cairns Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairns Beach Hotel Holloways Beach
- Hotel Cairns Beach
- Cairns Beach Resort Cairns Region/Holloways Beach, Australia