“Stay ther for a Wildbuffet”

Van der Valk Hotel De Bilt- Utrecht
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in De Bilt
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Incredeble nice staff, the food was realy nice and spicy, it seems That All THE rooms where totaly new. The drinks, dessert beter than ever, and THE band was realy entertaining. We soon coming back and try everything over and over again?

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JohnDear1954

Reviewed 9 October 2012

I was booked in by the organizers of a meeting nearby, for one night only. I immediately noticed the architecture, which was authentic and inviting. The atmosphere was very pleasant. The room I was booked in was quite spacious and very modern. The bathroom equipped with a shower and separate bath. The bed was very comfortable and I particularly like the large and supportive pillows. I slept well, something I often find difficult for the first night at a new hotel.

The breakfast was slightly above average, perhaps a little cramped where you get the food, but with plenty of options.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the main boulevard are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We received a nice room (no.111) with a large bathroom and the breakfast was very good. All this for a fair price.

But... is a but here. The bed matresses were terrible, we felt like sleeping on a trampoline (very elastic and very high) and I woke up in the morning with back pains.

Concerning the "free Internet", well it was free, but with a signal so weak that it was impossible to use the Internet in the room and only in the morning when going to breakfast I was able to connect in the lobby with the Internet. To have Internet in your room - this is part of the comfort you want to have in a hotel and this hotel is not able to provide it.

Third complain,: when leaving we were asked to pay for two breakfasts! for each of us while we were in the hotel only one night! It took 10 minutes and the control of a supervisor to establish that we have not to pay the extra breakfasts we were asked at the beginning. :-(

My advice: if you are looking for a comfortable night - don't come here.

Room Tip: Avoid room no, 111
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2012

It was the kind of Dutch winter time when one would not want to overly rely on the road conditions: frosty, with quite a lot of snow. So we settled down in the Biltsche Hoek, a stones throw away from my childhood home, to spend a night en route between destinations in Utrecht province. We found a quiet hotel, a large room and a nice swimming pool at our disposal. So instead of ploughing through the snow we had a nice dinner and a relaxing night.

Room Tip: if you have trouble negotiating stairs, check the route to your room with the staff
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel last November and enjoyed it then but this time, I upgraded to a comfort room for an extra 10€ per night and it was well worth it - it had a working fridge (great for beers) wnd the furnishings were much nicer than in the basic rooms although both rooms had the same toiletries and hairdryer. Staff were very good and helpful and like the majority of Dutch people, really friendly. Didn't have breakfast but as reviewer dgrbleu2 says, if it's anything like a typical Van der Valk hotel, then it is excellent - certainly the evening meals were. The 2 hrs free WiFi per day was good but you are only allowed to sign in 4 times then I expect you have to pay. The surroundings are great and I love the village - got restaurants/bars, supermarket etc. The location was only about 15 minutes by car from the Jaarbeurs Convention Centre in Utrecht, where we were attending a twice annual, massive Record Fair, Sci-Fi exhibiitons and antique and bric a brac stalls - great fun and a great weekend. It's go a really nice swimming pool but forgot to take a costume with me.

Room Tip: I opted for the comfort room but there is refurbishment work going on at the moment and it looks lik...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Front of house staff were pleasant and professional, room was comfortable and clean, all in all a perfectly decent hotel to stay for a few nights.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2011

After reading some of the reviews, my expectations were not too high. But I had a meeting at KNMI, which is on walking distance from there, and had to stay overnight only for one night, so I thought I should be able to survive ;-) But in fact I don't have any complaints. The lady at the check-in was very friendly. I did get about the furthest room you could get, at the outer edge of the second building, so it was about 5 min walk to get to the reception or breakfast. But it was quiet, even though I must say the walls in between the rooms are not particularly thick, so you have to be lucky with the neighbours. The room was clean, the bathroom looked renewed recently. I did recognize the picture of the old-fashioned radio which was posted by someone else earlier. Breakfast was also okay. I was a bit in a hurry, so I didn't profit from it very much, but there was everything you needed.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
#6 of 22 in Utrecht
Ibis Utrecht
Ibis Utrecht
#12 of 22 in Utrecht

Been to Van der Valk Hotel De Bilt- Utrecht? Share your experiences!