We stayed there last weekend and had a lot of snow, which made the entranceway to the hotel even more romantic than on the pictures.
The reception people were very nice and efficient and took the time to show us the most important parts of the hotel. The lobby is fantastic with its great staircase and the new and old parts of the building being combined. Good place to have a coffee or aperitif.
The room itself was rather small but cozy and clean. Big flatscreen TV and very soft beds. We were in room 109 and had a beautiful view of the pond. Bathroom was well-sized but there was very low water pressure (the hotel seemed to be fully booked).
They have 2 restaurants, we ate at the more "fancy" one, where they offer a 3, 4 or 5 course menu. Food was truly delicious and service was attentive. They offer a wine selection to accompany the menu, and they served a dutch white wine, a St. Julien and a Portwine with the cheese. Refills are possible, which was very nice.
The spa area is located in an annex and you need to pass by the lobby/lounge to get there, so you need to walk past people having a drink with wet hair etc. But is an old building, you cannot have everything perfectly done.
All in all we were very satisfied and relaxed even after one night. The interior decor was done with a lot of tase.
The downsides are: Wifi is not free, 5 euro charge for the car park but no alternative, small swimming pool, low water pressure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chateau Holtmuhle is a unique historic castle which dates back to the Middle Ages. The peaceful surroundings and luxurious setting in a romantic environment ensure a pampering break. The spectacular entrance across the moat already promises a wonderful stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bilderberg Chateau Holtmuhle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bilderberg Chateau Holtmuhle Hotel Tegelen
- Bilderberg Chateau Holtmuhle Tegelen