We booked and paid for this hotel at the end of January, so had a slightly reduced price. First views gave us the impression that we would have a lovely overnight stay. You drive through an archway, past the gardens, look over the moat to the castle, then drive round to park. We were welcomed very warmly by the reception staff – all staff at the hotel were very attentive and speak at least 3 languages: Dutch, German and English. The public rooms have a high standard of decoration and lovely features. Our room was very generous, very clean, the bed very comfortable, with a very good-sized bathroom and the best shower-over-bath arrangement we have had. I used the swimming pool and, whilst it was small, I enjoyed my swim. There is also a fitness room with bikes and a running machine, although there looked like there were running routes from the Chateau. There was also a table tennis table with equipment provided, and cycles can be hired. The choice of food at breakfast was very good.
I have not given this hotel five stars for three reasons – first we felt the evening meal was lovely but overpriced. We paid 119€ for one starter, two mains (asparagus risotto, and asparagus and ham), one dessert, 6 glasses of booze (not a bottle) and two coffees. The room (and the corridor) was far too warm, despite the window being open the entire stay. Finally, in a hotel of this calibre we felt that we should be able to use the laptop in our room free of charge, instead of which we had to go down to the public rooms and have an hour’s use only. Would we stay again – highly likely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chateau Holtmuhle is a unique historic castle which dates back to the Middle Ages. The peaceful surroundings and luxurious setting in a romantic environment ensure a pampering break. The spectacular entrance across the moat already promises a wonderful stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Stayforlong S.L., TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bilderberg Chateau Holtmuhle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bilderberg Chateau Holtmuhle Hotel Tegelen
- Bilderberg Chateau Holtmuhle Tegelen