“Great Place for the right price”
Review of Kasteel Bloemendal

Kasteel Bloemendal
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Vaals
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I just spent one night in this lovely castle hotel. I got a last minute deal for only €60. We were upgraded to a beautiful room. The staff was very accommodating. I will certainly be going back. Located very close to Aachen.

Room Tip: Just book the cheapest, and you will be upgraded. The cheap rooms are under construction (at least w...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stayed here with another couple during a trip to the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa Francorchamps. The hotel is situated in the Netherlands but is only 500m from the German border where it also meets Belgium, so on the day of the Grand Prix we had breakfast in the Netherlands, lunch in Belgium, and popped into Aachen in Germany for dinner! Hotels close to the track get booked up very quickly during race weekend, or are extremely expensive, so although this hotel was about an hour's drive away, we found it to be an ideal compromise. The hotel is very impressive with beautiful chandeliers and well kept gardens. The room was clean and comfortable and the bar was a lovely area to relax in the evening with the most amazing Baileys coffees!

Room Tip: We paid a little extra for the castle rooms and these were very spacious.
Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NickyTap
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This hotel is a classic old European hotel. The rooms were very clean and a good size. Free Wifi. The staff very nice and helpful. It's a bit out of the way, but if you need a place near Aachen and don't want to stay in the city, you won't be disappointed here. Price was very good compared to staying in the city.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ricmar60
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Just returned from a two-day stay in Vaals; the entrance and public area is simply stunning. I can imagine this would be a perfect backdrop for a wedding. Unfortunately it doesn't extend back to standard rooms at least. My room was functional, very dull lighting, the most annoying hair-dryer and overall no more than 3-star quality. You have to request a fridge? I had a great nights sleep, very comfortable bed and didn't notice any noise from any other guest rooms like another reviewer. The breakfast wasn't cheap at 16E and while it might not have been expansive what I had was very good. Did not eat at the restaurant and as a single traveller on business my preference is room service...at 7.50E at time though? Try explaining that one on your expenses! Everyone at the hotel was lovely so I disagree with some reviews there.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Don't let the fancy entourage fool you. Chateau Bloemendal is just another Van de Valk hotel and not even a very good one. I was there for five days with a group. And I'm sure that some of the misunderstandings were due to careless contracting beforehand. However:
The food was dull andwe had pretty much the same, limited possibilities for breakfast and lunch. Requests to serve some greens with the sandwiches were met by sullen refusals.
I think I saw a staff member smile once the entire time. The staff was sullen and sometimes downright rude. Their only consideration seemed to be to make life as convenient as possible for themselves.
My only positive note is that the room was spacious, comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Madeleine L
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I came for one night in this beautiful hotel for a business meeting. The breakfast on the terrace was simply amazing. I arrived very late and kitchen was closed but the staff did it's upmost best to deliver me something to eat and drink. Just great.

My room was huge with a nice terrace, but because it's an old house/castel, the wall were a bit thin (I heard my neighbour snoring) and there was some dust of the furniture.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Frédéric V
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I rented a theme-suite here as surprise for my girlfriend's birthday .
the staff is very friendly , when we entered our suite we were stunned , very big, good bed, tv , lounge , the bathroom with bubble bath, , shower + steamcabin .... very nice .
We also had dinner in the hotel , we had to take dinner in the romantic basement of the castle , because they were renovating the restaurant ( wich was a nice thing , because it is very romantic)
the dinner was OK .... not bad , but not great eather , .... simple but ok .

I think I will come back to this hotel .

Room Tip: price/quality this hotel is very good
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jvatteroth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vaals
Bilderberg Kasteel Vaalsbroek
Winselerhof
Winselerhof
#1 of 3 in Landgraaf
Van der Valk Hotel Heerlen

Been to Kasteel Bloemendal? Share your experiences!