“Hotel room so, so, but dinner was fantastic!”

Fletcher Landgoed Hotel Avegoor
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ellecom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Basic hotel room, nice to have a fridge and balcony. But room is very basic, bathroom is ok, but pretty standard as well. Restaurant is fantastic though, we had the 3 course surprise dinner and loved every minute. Super friendly service and we got the opportunity to get cheese instead of sweets for dessert, which we really appreciated. A great evening out! BTW breakfast is good as well. Swimming pool is small, 1 sauna, but when you are there, you come for the outdoors, which is great!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Wow We came when it was dark what a great location and main building we were trilled and excited.
Mmmm when we checked in we were asked to pay in advance? but you have our CC well sir we had a bad experience with a customer so new policy?
Good, we eat at the Italian restaurant in the Hotel that was really good food,breakfast was OK.
What a shame room was dusty and bathroom was dirty hairs in the sink toilet was dirty when we went eating mentioned when we came back somebody removed the hairs but the toilet was still dirty.
Further maintenance is needed a paint brush and the bathrooms need a update.
Staff is friendly but young and need a supervisor and some training in addressing people.
If the rooms where clean I would have give four overall because price quality was good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter L
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I don’t think four stars is a correct reflection of the state of maintenance and luxury.

The Good
I stayed four nights in one of the comfort rooms (two beds). Staff are well trained and professional. Really nice swimming pool. Good conference room, nice breakfast and lunch. Diner was good as well (definitely four stars worthy). I liked the soft bed and pillows.

The not-so-good.
There was no hairdryer, the tv remote did not work, the bathroom sink was filling up with water, no fresh towels and or luxury products. My main complaint is the noise… and I didn’t even have noisy neighbors. The walls are just so thin… you can hear everything. The shower, the toilet, the tv, the rain etc etc. And seeing that the rooms are like stacked cubicles (neighbors everywhere: next to you, downstairs, above) it’s almost impossible to sleep well. Additionally my room was located on the front of the hotel: close to the railroad. While you don’t hear the train during the days; the speed limit is off during the night hours and a lot of sound is produced.

Oh and yes: no WiFi in your room.

Room Tip: Don't accept a room on the front side of the hotel (above the entrance)! You can hear the train...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Passerby88
Reviewed 25 July 2013

When you see this hotel from the road, you have to say wow! The main Landgoed Avegoor house is very impressive. The extensions with the bedrooms are less impresive but nevertheless well designed and very well decorated. The bathroom was excellent in design and function. The large double bed had only one mattress that of course leads to the well known trampoline effect when one sleeper moves in the night. Added to that there is only one bed cover which leads to the well known tug of war effect when one sleeper turns over in the night. Result: very unrestfull sleep. When in the morning I happened to notice an empty fish can (mackeral) under a chair on the balcony, I began to have doubts about the staff training. Against these few points one has to admit: excellent breakfast with top service and a reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 2409JohnEurope
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Positives: colorful room (although I have to say we accidentally got the best 'art' room after seeing pictures of the other rooms); relatively large room; friendly staff; good breakfast; good location for people who like to walk, run, bike etc.

Negatives: room could have been cleaner; room was very simple and outdated; we couldn't turn the heating to a lower temperature which made the room too warm; in general too expensive for what you get.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Travel_CG83
Reviewed 16 May 2013

As a child I went to this area to visit my grandparents. It is a reat environment to walk and cycle. The hotel garden is beautiful and relaxing. Indoor swimming pool is long enough to do your lapses. The old building is nice and well decorated. I liked the art. However they have a volume strategy with a large hotel building attached to it. The building is vintage and noisy. That was penny wise pound foulish. Restaurant services are also catered for larger groups. Very efficient but for a romantic weekend, I have a question mark. I have to say that the creme brulee with chocolat ice was a pleasant surprise. Staff is rather young and looking into the dinningroom over the heads of people with out noticing requests, feels like being in control but is very frustrating for the guests.

Would I visit again: for a budget weekend in an nice environment sure, looking more intimate and high end no.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Mark V
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

This is such a great interesting hotel with lots of modern art in the rooms and around the grounds. However it was totally overshadowed by the fact that the reception was incredibly rude!! This was one of the stops on my bike tour and I spent the whole day biking in the rain and was drenched and ill. The staff receptionist couldnt tell me where I could get any medicene, and was continually short with me when I asked for room service at 4 in the afternoon even though I had clearly been riding all day. And then again when I called at 9 pm she told me the kitchen was about to close and I couldnt order (the hotel information which was in Dutch says it closes at 10). This is a great hotel but dont count on any nicities from the reception

• Stayed: April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellecom
Sandton Hotel De Roskam
Van der Valk Hotel Duiven
Stadshotel Doesburg
Stadshotel Doesburg
#1 of 1 in Doesburg

Been to Fletcher Landgoed Hotel Avegoor? Share your experiences!